Club Captain 2015/16

bowlingcrofty
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Janmaat for me as well, might keep him here a little longer as well  :shifty:

Really disappointed if it is going to be Colo again, he shouldn't even be in the first team now never mind captain.

Just watching the interview on periscope.  He definitely looks like he's fine with Colo as captain. He didnt outright say he'll stay or it'll get taken off him, but yeah.. it looked to me like he'll be keeping Colo as captain

Would love us to have a player who would grab the game by the scruff of it's neck, proper old fashioned captain like Keane or even Gerrard. Sissoko has the physique to be an absolute monster but he is a proper pansy. Currently Janmaat most likely, although it will be Coloccini I would wager.

Nolan was a mint captain. You want a captain who will be in the refs lug all game.

PS need this avatar changed ASAP

"At the moment, Coloccini is captain," said the former England boss. "In each game we play, maybe we will play with a different captain.

"I like to do that, especially in pre-season games. But for now, if Coloccini plays, he captains the side."

Just watched one of Sky's shows they do this time on Ajax. Was interesting that the squad voted for their captain. Might be worth a try.

I'm surprised that's not more common tbh.

McClaren goes "I like to change the captain a lot in pre-season" then makes Colback captain 2nd game in a row and takes him to the pre-match conference :lol:  100% he is captain in my eyes. 100% starter too, which is bullshit given our midfield options but there you go

Just watched one of Sky's shows they do this time on Ajax. Was interesting that the squad voted for their captain. Might be worth a try.

I'm surprised that's not more common tbh.

That's how it's done in Spain by most clubs. However there's an unwritten rule that it goes to the most senior player in the squad (understood as more seasons/games for club) and it's rarely broken.

For example, the Barça squad are going to vote for captain in August, and I can tell you right now that it's going to be Iniesta, Messi and Piqué - our three most senior players. There's just a small chance that Masch could sneak in there - and he'd be the best captain of the lot.

Club captains - at least over here - also represent the squad in talks with the managing staff or the board, so having the support and assent from the players is a must. Having a manager appoint the captain is very alien to our football culture and Mou, for example, created quite a stir when he tried to have Ronaldo appointed as Real Madrid captain.

DicBDownUnder  // Jul 14, 2015 at 10:21 AM on nufcblog

Jack Colback, not the best player, but homegrown, knows what it means to wear the black and white stripes and he wouldn’t have any trouble giving a rallying speech when needed, especially on derby day!

:serious:

From the crap Match I saw it seemed like Siem was doing the talking to Lascalles after the penalty mistake, Colback throughout and the rest of the lads trying to organize them etc.

DicBDownUnder  // Jul 14, 2015 at 10:21 AM on nufcblog

Jack Colback, not the best player, but homegrown, knows what it means to wear the black and white stripes and he wouldn’t have any trouble giving a rallying speech when needed, especially on derby day!

:serious:

That timid little ginger giving a rallying speech. Righto.

• 3 weeks later...