Chancel Mbemba

Nobody

He sounds very good but I've always felt we lacked presence at the back. We need someone big and commanding to go with speed. If they could bring someone else in to go with him that would be ideal. Unlikely however if Colo, Williamson and Saylor are hanging around.

He sounds very good but I've always felt we lacked presence at the back. We need someone big and commanding to go with speed. If they could bring someone else in to go with him that would be ideal. Unlikely however if Colo, Williamson and Saylor are hanging around.

They all only have 1 year left on contracts (I think) and very unlikely any of them will be offered extensions IMO - Coo (too old), Taylor (always injured), Williamson ().

Personally, I think we will aim for 2 players at CB this summer - we can then afford to let any one or two of these go, get a small fee etc.  Even if they see out the remaining year of the contract its not the end of the world as only carrying extra salaries for a year and the new money kicks in etc.

Absolutely no concerns about his size. Currently we have the worst of everything, no one has pace, no one is physically dominant and no one is strong in the air. We've got comfortably the easiest back line to play against. I'll take a smaller defender with one or two good qualities over the 3 or 4 without.

Guest palnese

Craig Hope

As reported y'day, Chancel Mbemba set for 7.5m NUFC move. RSCA boss Hasi told me he wants it done quickly

dailym.ai/1HJ7Cdt

Craig Hope

As reported y'day, Chancel Mbemba set for 7.5m NUFC move. RSCA boss Hasi told me he wants it done quickly

dailym.ai/1HJ7Cdt

Nice...Nice. 

One thing I am expecting with Macca in charge is a much more organised defence, no matter who is playing in the back 4.

Love how straightforward this one seems to be.

Player wants to come. The club have said they want it done quickly. The price doesn't appear to be an issue.

Very refreshing. Hope this is done by tomorrow now.

Lascelles is meant to be good in the air. I hope Mbemba also has a commanding leap. I do think having a CB who isn't much use at set pieces is a bit pointless.

Our main problem in recent years has been the delivery on set pieces, as well as how the players position themselves rather than having big men in the box who can jump.

Player wants to come. The club have said they want it done quickly. The price doesn't appear to be an issue.

Easy when you're fishing around 'big' teams that failed to qualify for the CL and are desperate for the money. Our new 'policy' presumably.

Lascelles is meant to be good in the air. I hope Mbemba also has a commanding leap. I do think having a CB who isn't much use at set pieces is a bit pointless.

Our main problem in recent years has been the delivery on set pieces, as well as how the players position themselves rather than having big men in the box who can jump.

Defending.

Easy when you're fishing around 'big' teams that failed to qualify for the CL and are desperate for the money. Our new 'policy' presumably.

What a cheery outlook on life.  :)

We're the fucking pits man [emoji38]

:lol: The ultimate put down, Kaka criticising your 'outlook on life'

@Sporting_AND

According to LDH, Mbemba's transfer to Newcastle is a done deal. The defender will sign a 5-year deal. #rsca #nufc

@Sporting_AND

Mbemba will soon travel to Newcastle to undergo a medical and complete his move. #rsca #nufc [LDH]

I'm presuming LDH are some Belgium news outlet.