Sheffield United 2-2 Newcastle United (FT)

thorin

Its 2015 and Williamson is still our starting CB.FFS 5 and a half years.

Somebody take him.pleasssssssssssse

Shouldn't have to come to this. It shouldn't need someone to come in and sign him to stop him from appearing, his performances have been fucking dreadful for years and he's still getting a game. I've stopped asking the question "just how badly does he need to play to get dropped for good?" as he continues to plumb new depths and still gets his shirt.

I'd even go as far as saying him starting negates all the positives that come from signing Wijnaldum and Mitrovic, he's that bad. He needs to be dropped permanently and never called upon again. If someone is daft enough to take him then so be it but his performances justify the decision to never pick him ever again. If McClaren can't see this and still picks him then we may as well give up, it's pointless.

Just got back from the match and it really wasn't the best of performances from our point of view - it somewhat reminded me of the s*** we served up last season.

Formation wise, it looked to me like we were playing 4-1-2-3 with Anita as the sole holding midfielder and Wijinaldum and Colback having advanced roles; then it was Cisse up top on his own with Perez and Sissoko supporting him on the wings. I spent most of the first half trying to figure out what we were trying to do attacking-wise - it seemed like we were trying to concentrate our play through the middle with Wijnaldum (who looked bright enough) being the main focal point, so we did actually try to pass it around but ultimately our movement off the ball wasn't good enough and that did let us down and that resulted into us looking really disjointed imho (it also meant that Cisse was devoid of any real service throughout the time he was on the pitch, apart from the first couple of minutes when he was unlucky not to score).

The defence (apart from, to some extent, Janmaat and Haidara) was shambolic. Sheffield United literally cut our defence into pieces and they really should have gone into half time with a comfortable lead but alas their finishing let them down. Williamson was so bad that every time he made a mistake/got outmuscled, the only thing I could do was laugh.

From what I saw today, quite a lot of work still needs to be done in all areas if we are to be properly ready for the new season.

Just got back from the match and it really wasn't the best of performances from our point of view - it somewhat reminded me of the s*** we served up last season.

Formation wise, it looked to me like we were playing 4-1-2-3 with Anita as the sole holding midfielder and Wijinaldum and Colback having advanced roles; then it was Cisse up top on his own with Perez and Sissoko supporting him on the wings. I spent most of the first half trying to figure out what we were trying to do attacking-wise - it seemed like we were trying to concentrate our play through the middle with Wijnaldum (who looked bright enough) being the main focal point, so we did actually try to pass it around but ultimately our movement off the ball wasn't good enough and that did let us down and that resulted into us looking really disjointed imho (it also meant that Cisse was devoid of any real service throughout the time he was on the pitch, apart from the first couple of minutes when he was unlucky not to score).

The defence (apart from, to some extent, Janmaat and Haidara) was shambolic. Sheffield United literally cut our defence into pieces and they really should have gone into half time with a comfortable lead but alas their finishing let them down. Williamson was so bad that every time he made a mistake/got outmuscled, the only thing I could do was laugh.

From what I saw today, quite a lot of work still needs to be done in all areas if we are to be properly ready for the new season.

Was Williamson's every touch booed, or was that bullshit?

Was Williamson's every touch booed, or was that bullshit?

I was sat in the home end with my Sheffield United supporting mate so I can't confirm for sure if that did or did not happen. I couldn't hear any sort of booing from where I was sitting fwiw.

I was sat in the home end with my Sheffield United supporting mate so I can't confirm for sure if that did or did not happen. I couldn't hear any sort of booing from where I was sitting fwiw.

:thup:

Toon fans were shouting for him to be sent off after he gave away a late free kick. Got ironic cheers at certain things he done too. Morgan got a good reception from the toon fans which he seemed to appreciate. The PA bloke went way OTT with his tribute speech towards him at the start. Made out he was such a good bloke. "He invented penecilan, was the brains behind band aid, discovered America, has rescued numerous kids from a burning orphanage" etc. The same PA man did commend the toon fans on their good turnout so i'll excuse him.

Lots of negative comments on the TF group, about the radgies down there today. :( Same lot probably who caused the bother at Darlington, some years ago.

Cunts.

I noticed our travelling support had the upper tier only - no chance of getting on the pitch!