Newcastle United 0-1 Borussia Mönchengladbach - FT

Nobody

No way in hell that's the team that will start next week :lol:

Why are the others not playing today then?

Mitrovic short of fitness, fair enough.

Mbemba - who knows.

No reason for Aarons, Perez and De Jong not playing although they all did midweek - that the reason?

Maybe the plan is the bring Mitrovic and Mbemba on in the second half so he wants the likes of Aarons on with them.

Could be using the first half as a last chance to impress before he trims the squad?

I know we already know how crap they are but his job is to give them all a chance.

Give the useless players a last chance in the last pre-season game? Even McClaren can't be that stupid.

Mbemba hasn't even trained for us, nobody could expect him to start - he'll get 30 minutes or so.

De Jong played at York on Tuesday, so he'll come on for 45 minutes or so to keep his fitness up.

Mitrovic is still getting his fitness up and also played on Tuesday.

It's a pre-season friendly. Don't make a judgement until you see the line up a week tomorrow.

We'd all moan if Mbemba, De Jong, Mitrovic, Perez, Aarons all played and went off injured.

Mbemba hasn't even trained for us, nobody could expect him to start - he'll get 30 minutes or so.

De Jong played at York on Tuesday, so he'll come on for 45 minutes or so to keep his fitness up.

It's a pre-season friendly. Don't make a judgement until you see the line up a week tomorrow.

We'd all moan if Mbemba, De Jong, Mitrovic, Perez, Aarons all played and went off injured.

Except that it's our last friendly!

Except that it's our last friendly!

Pre-season games these days are all about strengthening relationships with clubs and commercial deals (hence all Premier League clubs going away to USA, Far East, Aus)

I couldn't give a toss if we played with 11 Williamsons all pre-season as long as we have a decent season.

A majority of the work would be done on the training ground.

Jesus, i thought i had heard it all...

What are you expecting? A full strength line-up with the risk of injuries to win a pre-season game 1-0?

I think you need to take a deep breath and wait to see the line-up next week (even still, I doubt Mbemba will be fit enough to start next week).

I'm not even gonna bother replying to this :lol:

Jesus, i thought i had heard it all...

What are you expecting? A full strength line-up with the risk of injuries to win a pre-season game 1-0?

I think you need to take a deep breath and wait to see the line-up next week (even still, I doubt Mbemba will be fit enough to start next week).

I'm not even gonna bother replying to this :lol:

Excellent contribution, you just did reply to write that mind, but okay...

I'm sure our entire season will fail now, because we've left 4 players out of a pre-season starting line-up.

We haven't played our best XI together at all in pre-season. And you are defending this line-up? How are the players going to work on relations on the pitch? At the training ground? Can't compare that to work on it in a game.

Figures 1-0 Football, i'd like to see the players given a chance to gel before our first game. Not changing half the team after 45 minutes..A few maybe, yes. For example, Perez and Aarons should start. We won't find any rythm against Southampton...