Newcastle United 2 - 2 Southampton - 09/08/15 - Post-match reaction from page 46

Dave

Genuinely think the center of the defense for most of the game wasn't actually that bad until we invited pressure after Anita sub.

Haidara though....

Got to factor in that we seem to be putting more men forward as well so we will be more vulnerable on the break.

Awful end to what was a promising game. Not using Aarons and/or Ayoze in the end here is criminal. Siem a total and utter passenger in that hoofing stuff. Obertan had a great game, so fair play to him.

I thought he was typically pitiful aside from that admittedly brilliant cross.

:thup: I meant Colback.

I thought he was typically pitiful aside from that admittedly brilliant block.

:lol: I hate Colback but he did some important defensive work in the end. Wasn't only that block.

Colbacks no world beater but he has saved us a point today far more than cost us one.

Was the only man to track manes run past the last man several minutes before he got us a point with a ridiculous block.

The Anita injury was HUGE man. You can see how important he is and how quickly he moves the ball about

The guy is so classy man. Hope he's okay for next week. Really worried.

Loads of my mates frothing at the gash over Colback, what?!  :lol:

Single-handedly kept us in the match two times at the end there. Frothing at the gash might be a bit over the top but his contribution was solid.

He did fuck all in midfield though, which is a problem as he's a midfielder.

Aarons needed to be on really around 60 or so minutes IMO for Obertan. Anita's injury clearly altered our plan.

Agreed.

I can't understand why he didn't put more pace on when people were starting to get leggy. All three subs are slow and we just got deeper and deeper.

Tiote looked miles off the pace, hope thats just lack of fitness.

At one point he tried to stand his ground in an imposing manner when the guy with the ball had about 3 options either side of him. Made no sense.

Aye I hope Anita is alright, like. I don't love the partnership with Colback but it's a damn sight better than Tiote being in there.

If we keep the same formation, I hope the pairing will eventually be Anita and Gini, with De Jong further up.

Colbacks no world beater but he has saved us a point today far more than cost us one.

Was the only man to track manes run past the last man several minutes before he got us a point with a ridiculous block.

Didn't see a replay of that, possible that Mane would have been miles offside without Colback there.

The Anita injury was HUGE man. You can see how important he is and how quickly he moves the ball about

It's not even the speed of his passing. He actually has some pace and agility to press quickly and nick the ball. The difference between him and Tiote is staggering. Tiote may aswell be stationary.

Fair enough result today, I think. Looks some promise going forwards - more intent on keeping the ball on the deck - tempo upped in 2nd half, fantastic goal from Geordie Winegum(!) but once again, we look very dodgy when a high ball comes into the box. Thought Mbemba did well - looks very pacey. Colo looks off the pace, which isn't surprising as he's got very little pre-season behind him. MoM for me - Sissoko.