Swansea City 2-0 Newcastle United - 15/08/15 - Post-match reaction from page 27

Greg

Absolutely woeful.

Why give mitrovic 8 minutes and play without a forward at all for so long. very negative.

Very few positives that I could see, other than possibly Anita and Sissoko till he got injured.

Wijnaldum anonymous and knocked off the ball very easily, Colocinni very poor, Janmaat poor and also idiotic for the 2nd foul where there was no danger.

It's undoubtedly negative but I honestly can't see what's so hard to grasp. I know we're all afflicted by the Pardew regime, and any hint of outright negativity (like today) is bound to get the pitchforks out - but you've got to look at things on an individual basis. Pardew's gone, this is a new manager, uninspiring though he is. Taking it as an individual case, the game was more than likely lost and he endeavored to make sure it stayed at two.

I disagree, there was loads of time left when we went 4-5-0 and I'd far rather we at least had a go in that time than just try and keep the score down.

I agree - are we really going to end up in a situation where goal differential is gonna matter?

Yeah, there's nothing like getting absolutely tonked with a cricket score in game #2 of the season to get fans on side and a feel good factor going.

It was undoubtedly 'negative' but we were getting fucking shafted and did well to keep it at two tbh. It's called "game management" I believe.

Yeah, there's nothing like getting absolutely tonked with a cricket score in game #2 of the season to get fans on side and a feel good factor going.

It was undoubtedly 'negative' but we were getting f***ing shafted and did well to keep it at two tbh. It's called "game management" I believe.

We mightn't have been getting shafted if we had tried to have more of a go, today was a shocker and McClaren played his part in that.

It was undoubtedly 'negative' but we were getting f***ing shafted and did well to keep it at two tbh. It's called "game management" I believe.

We mightn't have been getting shafted if we had tried to have more of a go, today was a shocker and McClaren played his part in that.

I thought we were poor all afternoon, but not because we were set up negatively from kickoff. We looked lackluster and sluggish but not particularly negative IMO. Yes, that is McClaren's fault, but I can't blame him for trying to prevent us getting heavily thumped today when it went to 11 vs 10.

I thought we were poor all afternoon, but not because we were set up negatively from kickoff. We looked lackluster and sluggish but not particularly negative IMO. Yes, that is McClaren's fault, but I can't blame him for trying to prevent us getting heavily thumped today when it went to 11 vs 10.

How many times have you heard it said that 10 men are harder to play against than 11?  We weren't, the drawbridge was up along with the white flag.

Seen nothing of the game but it sounded like we were thoroughly outplayed. Heard McClaren on Five Live saying they'd not learnt a thing from the match, which probably says it all. :thdn:

Outplayed first 10 mins. Came back into it quite well and looked decent (apart from Montero causing a lot of problems), and then the sending off effectively ended it as a contest.

Aside from never looking like scoring.

How many times have you heard it said that 10 men are harder to play against than 11?  We weren't, the drawbridge was up along with the white flag.

It's a lazy bullshit football cliche tbh.

Aside from never looking like scoring.

The closest I saw us get to scoring was Obertan shooting from a distance that he was never going to score from and he only did that because he wanted rid of the ball.