Goal you have celebrated the most?

bealios

I remember going apeshit when Aguerrrrooooooo happened because of the drama and screwing Man Utd over. Great moment.

Non Newcastle goal, I'm not sure if it was the equaliser or the one to put Man City ahead, but I screamed like a little girl when it was scored against Sunderland in the League cup final.

Hagi's against Argentina in '94, or Bergkamp's against...Argentina in '98.

As far as Newcastle, Robert's nail in the coffin against Arsenal. I was in a meeting at work, secretly following the gamecast as those fuckers argued about making another meeting because this one was going on too long. Had to excuse myself to properly celebrate. A Liverpool supporting buddy in the same meeting knew exactly what was going on.  First win in London in 4 years, and against Arsenal to go top. Fucking hell.

Can remember thinking I wanted to be in a band at the time and planned on calling a song/album "London Hoodoo" as it was mentioned so frequently in relation to NUFC at the time.

A whole album of tracks named after obscure football phrases would be class actually, e.g. "the journeyman", "cold Tuesday night in Stoke", "eating a banana on a bike", "seasoned veteran", "you'll never win anything with kids", "absolute freak and a fucking weirdo", "midfield shuttler", "the water carrier", etc.

Los Campesinos! always sneak little football related lyrics in all the time and it's quality, the best one being "you asked if I'd be anyone from history, fact or fiction, dead or alive; I said I'd be Tony Cascarino circa 1995" :lol:

(they've also got songs called "Every Defeat a Divorce" and "A Portrait of the Trequartista as a Young Man")

Liam O'Brien's free kick at Joker, was most intense but short-lived celebration. I was in the wrong-end (corporate bit of clock stand--ticket from a lass who worked there--unfortunately not too far/not far enough from lunatic fringe...) but just couldn't contain my joy/help myself. The 'burning magnesium' of goal celebrations. Or, seeing us  (Rob Lee) score at Wembley in Semi: Overwhelmed with emotion. Hard pressed to beat feeling of Tino's second against Barca- 2-0 at half-time, I felt alien, like I was outside myself. Of course, Albert's goal. After the disappointment of the previous season, and the humiliation of the Charity Shield...how sweet was that! My new boss apparently walked past at the end, and we spoke, whilst I was standing on the seats  with a friend mimicking the paddling from the opening sequence of Hawaii 5-0; didn't recognize him/couldn't remember speaking to him!

I remember going apeshit when Aguerrrrooooooo happened because of the drama and screwing Man Utd over. Great moment.

Non Newcastle goal, I'm not sure if it was the equaliser or the one to put Man Vity ahead, but I screamed like a little girl when it was scored against Sunderland in the League cup final.

non newcastle goal ? the only one that had me out my seat was Michael Thomas's last minute title winner at Anfield. (Out my seat ? I was dancing on a table in Sidari I was that happy)

Non Newcastle goal, I'm not sure if it was the equaliser or the one to put Man Vity ahead, but I screamed like a little girl when it was scored against Sunderland in the League cup final.

non newcastle goal ? the only one that had me out my seat was Michael Thomas's last minute title winner at Anfield. (Out my seat ? I was dancing on a table in Sidari I was that happy)

That Thomas goal was something else.  The whole situation was unreal,  the last minute of the last game of the season,  between the two title contenders,  if it goes in one of them is champion,  if it doesn't the other is. I really disliked Liverpool too. I screamed and did a little dance for that one.

Non-Newcastle for me was probably Owen's v Argentina. Must have been the peak of my international interest as I've never been quite as bothered about England since we got knocked out of that tournament.

Bobby Moncur scoring in the second leg of the Fairs cup final when we were 2 nil down and looking like our 3 nil win in the first leg wasn't  going to be enough as uijpest dosza were all over us I the first half of the second leg.

Just reading that, makes me want to celebrate... EXCLUDING one or two 'Championship' triumphs, can't be many on here who have seen us win something. Thanks AB.

Some random ones in here.

Solano vs Everton - He was unplayable that day. Was so happy to have him back.

Solano vs Arsenal 06

Robert vs. Fulham. Went nuts when that went in.

Martins vs Spurs. Was so out of no where. Thought we were done and dusted.

Shearer vs. Spurs in the cup. What a way to put us in the final. Thought it was destiny at the time.

Ben Arfa vs Everton - I had been keeping up with the Ben Arfa thread all summer and was expecting a superstar. He was everything everyone said he would be.

Ben Arfa vs. Arsenal - Short lived but I thought we were going to win that game and come 4th. Was in the middle of updating my Facebook status when Arsenal scored.  :rant:

Ben Arfa vs Bolton - Best goal I've ever seen.

Cisse vs Chelsea 2012 Celebrated the first one more than the second. I kinda expected the second one to go in after all the other stuff he'd been doing.

Non Newcastle - Drogba vs Bayern. What a way to win the CL. It was like a movie.

I'm shocked some of you celebrated Man City goals. At least Chelsea were winning stuff before they got all the money.

- Drogba getting sent off in the 08 final

- Drogba getting sent off after the game in 09

- AVB coming in a dropping all the older Chelsea players and losing 3-1 to Napoli

- RDM coming in and beating Napoli in extra time to take them to the QF

- Hell, even th Benfica game I thought they were lucky to scrape through

- the semi final was unbeleivable. That Barcelona team IMO was the best ever. They were so dominant yet Chelsea won the first leg and Barca had like 10 shots on goal.

- Second leg at the Nou Camp 2-0 down, lose your most experienced player to a childish sending off, then score through a player who would be suspended for the final right before half time. Then second half, Drogba gives away a pen and who steps up? The best player in the world WHO MISSES! cech was great that game, remember him pushing one on to the post from Messi soon after. Torres who was shit all season comes on to make it 2-2 with 10 men in the Camp Nou against the greatest team in the world

- the final was in Bayern's own stadium, they played better, they score through Muller and with Drogba's only chance, he puts it away just like he always does in finals. Then in ET he gives away another pen and again it's missed by Robben. Even in The penalty shootout they came from behind. mata missed the first kick. Then Bastian steps up and you're thinking "he's gonna bury this" and Cech saves it! Then with Drogba's last ever kick he wins the Champions League for Chelsea. Not to mention Terry, Ivanovic and Ramires were suspended for the final.

To me that'll never be topped.

That Barcelona team IMO was the best ever.

Not that year, they had took a serious drop as shown by the fact Madrid won the title comfortably. The year before you might have had an argument, but the year Chelsea beat them was the year Guardiola resigned and they were vividly a lot worse.

I'm shocked some of you celebrated Man City goals. At least Chelsea were winning stuff before they got all the money.

- Drogba getting sent off in the 08 final

- Drogba getting sent off after the game in 09

- AVB coming in a dropping all the older Chelsea players and losing 3-1 to Napoli

- RDM coming in and beating Napoli in extra time to take them to the QF

- Hell, even th Benfica game I thought they were lucky to scrape through

- the semi final was unbeleivable. That Barcelona team IMO was the best ever. They were so dominant yet Chelsea won the first leg and Barca had like 10 shots on goal.

- Second leg at the Nou Camp 2-0 down, lose your most experienced player to a childish sending off, then score through a player who would be suspended for the final right before half time. Then second half, Drogba gives away a pen and who steps up? The best player in the world WHO MISSES! cech was great that game, remember him pushing one on to the post from Messi soon after. Torres who was shit all season comes on to make it 2-2 with 10 men in the Camp Nou against the greatest team in the world

- the final was in Bayern's own stadium, they played better, they score through Muller and with Drogba's only chance, he puts it away just like he always does in finals. Then in ET he gives away another pen and again it's missed by Robben. Even in The penalty shootout they came from behind. mata missed the first kick. Then Bastian steps up and you're thinking "he's gonna bury this" and Cech saves it! Then with Drogba's last ever kick he wins the Champions League for Chelsea. Not to mention Terry, Ivanovic and Ramires were suspended for the final.

To me that'll never be topped.

http://www.theshedend.com/

there ye gan

They were still an excellent side. Much better than Chelsea and they should have won. messi missed a penalty, Busquets had an open goal in the first leg, they hit the post about five times over the two legs. Plus half the team went on to win Euro 2012.

Man City are the bin man that won the lottery.

Chelsea are the rich kid who went to a top private school, fucked up his grades because he was thick as fuck but ended up CEO of a company anyway because his dad pulled some strings.

They were still an excellent side. Much better than Chelsea and they should have won. messi missed a penalty, Busquets had an open goal in the first leg, they hit the post about five times over the two legs. Plus half the team went on to win Euro 2012.

Of course but they were nowhere the same side that won it the year before, mainly because they were trying to force Thiago,  Fabregas, Alba and Sanchez into the team which caused imbalance and the fact Puyol was starting to get loads of injuries and Abidal's obvious illness problems.

They were still much better than Chelsea obviously and should have won but they were nowhere near the side that won it the year before.