Man United 0 - 0 Newcastle United - 22/08/15 - Post-match reaction from page 39

BlueStar

Some really good performances so far. Mbemba has been getting some stick but I think he's been a good fill in at rb. Actually the whole defence has been very good, it's the loose falls in front of them which has invited the pressure, mainly Obertan and Colback.

Anita looks a different player to what I've seen of his newcastle career, I'm not saying he's had a cracking game, but is playing with a totally different attitude.

When Mitrovic isn't stropping he's making a right nuisance of himself.

Really, really liking Anita deep with two box to box guys ahead of him. also gives him more space and options to pass the ball forward, rather than sideways to Colback all the time.

Agreed. Colback is upset because it's more difficult to do a sideways pass now.

Steamrolled for fifteen minutes, but the lads didn't concede and that's all that matters. Plenty of positives after that.

Obertan off for Thauvin or Aarons at HT. Aarons might be a good shout just to show that Thauvin has competition.

I'd leave Colback on for the time being just because we are so light on the bench in midfield and defence and Tiote will probably lose it just as much if he's pressed. He's been poor though.

I still think they'll eventually win comfortably like. :lol:

But there are certainly plenty of positives.

Think we were 0-0 against these in 2007 at HT or something and ended up losing 6-0 :lol:

Didn't Smith get sent off as well? Halcyon days.

I love that Mitrovic is having a go at the team when they don't pass the ball to him well. He also claps them when they give it to him in good areas. love that.

Need more people demanding more of each other. Such a refreshing change from Cisse's passive, lacklustre energy and vibe.

Think we were 0-0 against these in 2007 at HT or something and ended up losing 6-0 :lol:

Didn't Smith get sent off as well? Halcyon days.

Aye :lol:

Some really good performances so far. Mbemba has been getting some stick but I think he's been a good fill in at rb. Actually the whole defence has been very good, it's the loose falls in front of them which has invited the pressure, mainly Obertan and Colback.

Anita looks a different player to what I've seen of his newcastle career, I'm not saying he's had a cracking game, but is playing with a totally different attitude.

Really, really liking Anita deep with two box to box guys ahead of him. also gives him more space and options to pass the ball forward, rather than sideways to Colback all the time.

Could de Jong play where Colback is today? Not seen enough of him to know either way.

it'll all come down to the first 15 minutes of the half imo, if we can keep them out we can get a result but i'm expecting an early goal then a 2-3 goal win with obligatory rooney goal

I love that Mitrovic is having a go at the team when they don't pass the ball to him well. He also claps them when they give it to him in good areas. love that.

Need more people demanding more of each other. Such a refreshing change from Cisse's passive, lacklustre energy and vibe.

Night and day compared to cisse and why I want him gone. Not urgency and only cares when someone riles him up.

Could de Jong play where Colback is today? Not seen enough of him to know either way.

no chance.

Mitro is better at running with the ball than i thought. A little bit quicker than i expected, but most of all he's so strong and shields the ball well while he runs :thup:

Did Mitrovic bounce Rooney? Wasn't sure it was him or mata as he made him look like a child. Got to be mata, that doesn't happen to Rooney.  :lol:

Mitro is better at running with the ball than i thought. A little bit quicker than i expected, but most of all he's so strong and shields the ball well while he runs :thup:

He managed to round defender of the millennium Chris Smalling....

Colback has struggled, but I still prefer to see him in positions where he's forced to do something going forward, even if it isn't quite coming off for him.

Still better than just sitting beside Anita doing nothing. He just needs to get a grip really. But the balance of that midfield trio looks much better.

In actuality I would say it's also even allowed us to see more of Wijnaldum, as he's far more involved playing deeper. He has the speed and ability to carry it up the pitch too.

Good learning point today.

Did Mitrovic bounce Rooney? Wasn't sure it was him or mata as he made him look like a child. Got to be mata, that doesn't happen to Rooney.  :lol:

Definitely Rooney.