Man United 0 - 0 Newcastle United - 22/08/15 - Post-match reaction from page 39

BlueStar

Some really good performances so far. Mbemba has been getting some stick but I think he's been a good fill in at rb. Actually the whole defence has been very good, it's the loose falls in front of them which has invited the pressure, mainly Obertan and Colback.

Anita looks a different player to what I've seen of his newcastle career, I'm not saying he's had a cracking game, but is playing with a totally different attitude.

When Mitrovic isn't stropping he's making a right nuisance of himself.

I like the change from 2 deep with Colback and Anita, to just the one, with Wini helping out more. Ideally now needs to have sissoko playing alongside Wini with just Anita in behind them.

yeah they've push colback up a bit with wijnaldum aye?  that's how it looks to me, anita sitting deeper looking for the ball and protecting with the other two pressing better on their midfield

who knew that'd work better?  oh yeah, every single poster on this forum :lol:

Shout out to Mbemba too.

Hasn't been perfect, but he doesn't hide and is givign his all. Done a lot of good things. Would have had the assist for the Mirovic header too.

:thup: Difficult going up against Depay outside of your natural position. It's been a decent duel - Depay's roasted him a couple of times but Mbemba's also floored him with a couple of good challenges.

Gini is awesome.

Agree, looks like a quality player. His close control allows him far more time than some others, and he often picks out really clever passes.

I know he's playing ACM, but how many central midfielders do you see that can dribble like he does? Pretty rare to see that.

If any part of your body you can play the ball with is offside, you're offside. Rooney's knee was offside, so Rooney was offside. Would be pretty fuming if that was given offside against us, but I'm also convinced if we'd scored that goal it wouldn't be allowed to stand.

Really enjoyed that. Fancy two sides trying to play football.

Man Utd battered us first 15, then we matched them.

Perez, Gini, Haidara, Taylor, Colo and Mbemba going forward, have been great.

So good to see Perez again. His intelligence and technical quality gives him the ability to play pretty much in any position. Has to start every game! Thauvin on for Obermong please.

Ayoze and Mitrovic make us a much better team. They give us an outlet

nailed it, he's working the space to great effect...as much as i like wijnaldum he's a box to box midfielder, a shuttler if you will :yao: and not a 10....perez is class in there, finds the right spaces and looks to use the ball well when he's in there

Don't why the commentators insisting on calling Depay "Memphis" every time is winding me up.

Something about his dad leaving him when he was a baby. He apparently has asked people to use only Memphis. Good on them for respecting his wishes.

Don't why the commentators insisting on calling Depay "Memphis" every time is winding me up.

Going by the commentry, we're jusr lucky that "United" United are letting us play in their glorious theatre of marketing... always get wound up when we play these cunts..

request by the club, apparently doesn't get on with his dad or something

Some really good performances so far. Mbemba has been getting some stick but I think he's been a good fill in at rb. Actually the whole defence has been very good, it's the loose falls in front of them which has invited the pressure, mainly Obertan and Colback.

Anita looks a different player to what I've seen of his newcastle career, I'm not saying he's had a cracking game, but is playing with a totally different attitude.

When Mitrovic isn't stropping he's making a right nuisance of himself.

Really, really liking Anita deep with two box to box guys ahead of him. also gives him more space and options to pass the ball forward, rather than sideways to Colback all the time.