Ex-NUFC Player Thread

Optimistic Nut

• 3 weeks later...
“At the end of the season, I spoke to Lee Charnley and they offered me a one-year extension on a pay-as-you-play basis but that didn’t give me a buzz.

“They couldn’t have given me the security I wanted but the Portland Timbers bent over backwards to get me and gave me that loving feeling. It’s a new lease of life for me out here, I wake up every morning in the sunshine and it makes me feel even better.

“I’ve got a buzz back, my happy feet back. I’m just feeling good again. Being out here and training day in and day out, there is constant treatment for me and I just can’t wait to get started.”

“Since I was 18 there were chances to leave throughout my career. I never felt that it was the right time to go.

“But I always felt as if I was in a comfort zone. I see myself out here long-term.

“I’m getting my visa sorted now and I’ll apply for my green card.”

Quotes from Taylor. 

Guest chicken little

Inman's broke his leg in pre-season training. Troisi has gone back to Melbourne Victory.

“At the end of the season, I spoke to Lee Charnley and they offered me a one-year extension on a pay-as-you-play basis but that didn’t give me a buzz.

“They couldn’t have given me the security I wanted but the Portland Timbers bent over backwards to get me and gave me that loving feeling. It’s a new lease of life for me out here, I wake up every morning in the sunshine and it makes me feel even better.

“I’ve got a buzz back, my happy feet back. I’m just feeling good again. Being out here and training day in and day out, there is constant treatment for me and I just can’t wait to get started.”

“Since I was 18 there were chances to leave throughout my career. I never felt that it was the right time to go.

“But I always felt as if I was in a comfort zone. I see myself out here long-term.

Quotes from Taylor. 

I can't wait to go to Portland on my next business trip and find Stevie Taylor fist pumping away with a s*** attempt at a Portland hipster beard drinking cold brew coffee and eating Korean tacos at the food trucks on Alder St.

Quotes from Taylor. 

Not a positive thing Steven.

Quotes from Taylor. 

He really does have the mental age of a 6 year old

Must have been about 9 years ago but I seen him at a party and was having a chat, I was mortal and told him not to leave , he was being linked with an move away from the club at the time. Few days later he said he wasn't going anywhere in the press. Always felt partially responsible for him staying with us.

Must have been about 9 years ago but I seen him at a party and was having a chat, I was mortal and told him not to leave , he was being linked with an move away from the club at the time. Few days later he said he wasn't going anywhere in the press. Always felt partially responsible for him staying with us.

:lol: you bastard

Deserves a ban tbh

Quotes from Taylor. 

i can't imagine the overcast hellscape he's escaped from if the weather in portland ever counts as "waking up in the sunshine."

• 9 months later...

Was just wondering how Facundo Ferreyra was doing these days.

https://www.transfermarkt.com/facundo-ferreyra/profil/spieler/93795

11 goals in 17 appearances so far this season, coming at 1 goal every 87 minutes.

:okay:

Soft bastad couldn't hack it in the hard-as-fucking-nails English Premier League. While sat on the bench never actually getting an opportunity to prove how much of a puny immigrant fairy he was.