Ex-NUFC Player Thread

Optimistic Nut

Did anyone see that Time Traveller thing the other month with Jermaine Jenas in it? Was alongside the likes of Chris Ramsey, Keith Allen & Fern Britton? :lol:

http://images.radiotimes.com/namedimage/Time_Crashers__Meet_the_celebrities.jpg?quality=85&mode=crop&width=620&height=374&404=tv&url=/uploads/images/original/83824.jpg

Did anyone see that Time Traveller thing the other month with Jermaine Jenas in it? Was alongside the likes of Chris Ramsey, Keith Allen & Fern Britton? :lol:

http://images.radiotimes.com/namedimage/Time_Crashers__Meet_the_celebrities.jpg?quality=85&mode=crop&width=620&height=374&404=tv&url=/uploads/images/original/83824.jpg

Aye! It was shit.

Dyer is on that I'm a celebrity atm.

• 2 weeks later...

Ned Kelly is 50 today!

NUFC folklore for that Portsmouth goal but plenty of other vital ones too that season including a winner in a derby match and numerous ones in our promotion season!

Cracking player and a very likeable bloke!

Clapped on to the pitch with a standing ovation whilst wearing a Sunderland shirt says it all!

Kieron Dyer is on I'm a Celebrity.

Injured yet?

No but he did cry at one point. He's surprisingly not as thick as you'd expect him to be.

Aye, I think he's been pretty sound on it too. Impressive maths by him tonight

Kieron Dyer is on I'm a Celebrity.

Injured yet?

No but he did cry at one point. He's surprisingly not as thick as you'd expect him to be.

Aye, I think he's been pretty sound on it too. Impressive maths by him tonight

He got there wayyyy faster than I would have. :lol:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Good a place as any to put this in. Good read.

http://johnnymckinstry.com/index.php/latest/latest-coach-mckinstry/print/124-meet-johnny-mckinstry-the-antrim-guy-who-s-managing-rwanda-s-international-football-team.html

Football Philosophy

"I grew up watching the great Newcastle United teams of the mid-90s where flair and attacking football was their game. I believe strongly that football is entertainment.

"I think Bobby Robson once said about Newcastle fans that going to football on a Saturday was like going to the theatre for those fans. I think that's true for all football fans, they want to be entertained.

"I do want to manage at the highest level be that in England, Germany, France or where ever. I'd truly love one day to coach Newcastle United but I'm happy to coach anywhere.

"I understand that the opportunities you get presented are based on your track record, so hopefully my work here in Rwanda can continue on the upward curve I've been done so far."

Good a place as any to put this in. Good read.

http://johnnymckinstry.com/index.php/latest/latest-coach-mckinstry/print/124-meet-johnny-mckinstry-the-antrim-guy-who-s-managing-rwanda-s-international-football-team.html

Football Philosophy

"I grew up watching the great Newcastle United teams of the mid-90s where flair and attacking football was their game. I believe strongly that football is entertainment.

"I think Bobby Robson once said about Newcastle fans that going to football on a Saturday was like going to the theatre for those fans. I think that's true for all football fans, they want to be entertained.

"I do want to manage at the highest level be that in England, Germany, France or where ever. I'd truly love one day to coach Newcastle United but I'm happy to coach anywhere.

"I understand that the opportunities you get presented are based on your track record, so hopefully my work here in Rwanda can continue on the upward curve I've been done so far."

Interesting read that. Seems a decent bloke.

• 1 month later...