Newcastle 0-1 Andre Marriner - 29/8/15 - Post Match Reaction From Page 5

Mike
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Bloke on talksport at the minute saying Marriner had a good game.  Nasty Newcastle were going out to kick poor little Arsenal.  Mitrovic clear red card and it's the fans fault we got so many cards because we were shouting too loud and scared poor Andre.

Going out to kick and roughen up Arsenal is what we did in 2005 in that 1-0 win :lol:

Saturday was fucking nothing man. If that is what is now considered just looking to kick another team, then football needs help. We know that already though.

I would dare them to name the rough tackles. Sissoko stepped on a toe, Mitrovic stepped on a someone, and what else? The other cards were all weak as fuck.

When refs are ordered to protect "the brand", and teams are trained in how to cheat, this is what you get.

Bloke on talksport at the minute saying Marriner had a good game.  Nasty Newcastle were going out to kick poor little Arsenal.  Mitrovic clear red card and it's the fans fault we got so many cards because we were shouting too loud and scared poor Andre.

My Arsenal supporting buddy was messaging me with updates while the game was going on (I couldn't watch due to work), and here are some of his messages (I paraphrase): "NUFC playing like Stoke. Long balls and kicking us all over the park." "Red card! About time!" "6 yellows, disgusting performance by NUFC." Etc...

I'm glad it wasn't anything like that, and I can't wait to watch the game.

My Arsenal supporting buddy was messaging me with updates while the game was going on (I couldn't watch due to work), and here are some of his messages (I paraphrase): "NUFC playing like Stoke. Long balls and kicking us all over the park." "Red card! About time!" "6 yellows, disgusting performance by NUFC." Etc...

I'm glad it wasn't anything like that, and I can't wait to watch the game.

Hopefully you've told him to fuck off after that. What an utter tool.

As much as I want to agree that the red card was a poor call, if one of their lot stamped on one of our team in the same way I'd certainly be up in arms demanding a red.

of course, that's what fans do.  the real question is how arsed would you be if that red were then not given?

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Newcastle fans,you are right I did get something wrong in my defence of Andre Marriner! It wasn&#39;t hostility towards him it was desperation.</p>— Ian Wright (@IanWright0) <a href="https://twitter.com/IanWright0/status/638615047640641536">September 1, 2015</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

My issue with Marriner performance on Saturday was simply that in each of the incidents, when taken in isolation, it could be argued that he made a reasonable call.  What is frustrating is that he made the decision to brandish a card every single time there was not one where he gave the benefit of the doubt to us.

If Man City, Arsenal, Man Utd or Chelsea did that at home there is no way there would be six yellows and one red.  Ian Wright is just so clearly biased his opinion is uttterly irrelevant

Agree 1964.

He got some of the decisions right in isolation but he took no account for the flow of the game. His game management was atrocious. At some point I'd have thought he would have looked at the situation and thought 'unless the next few are CLEAR bookings, I'm going to let them ride to take the fizz out of the situation'.

Throwing cards around like confetti was a sure fire way to kill the game.

I was there on Saturday and couldn't see why he stopped the last minute throw in to us and gave them a FK (booking Colo in the process) but, if ever a decision looked bent, it was that one. Literally the dying seconds of the game, one last chance for us to hoy everyone forward in the hope of a knock down or flick on, and instead of giving it our way, he finds an excuse to hand it to them.

If ever a Ref looked like he had it in for us from the off then it was this guy.

Mitro only a yellow too. As has been said, if it was Theo Walcott, the ref would have been checking the bottom of his bottom of his boot to make sure his studs were ok and hadn't been harmed.

He was awful. I've seen all the comments from Sky, Ian Wright, Savage & co and regardless of the red card decision, the officiating was embarassingly one-sided. It's not the first, nor likely to be the last time from Marriner either. But this is the sort of media shite you have to put up with when playing one of the chosen media darlings.

One of the more grotesque passages of refereeing was the whole Cazorla and Wijnaldum bookings.

Carzorla got pulled up for a nothing foul (finally) then Colo came over to have a go. Only then did the ref start to turn around and get his card out. Wijnaldum obviously said something and so he immediately booked him too to make up for it.

Was like he was being a caricature of his own self.