Newcastle 0-1 Andre Marriner - 29/8/15 - Post Match Reaction From Page 5

Mike
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I think you're all lying to yourselves if you think that you wouldn't be shouting for a red if it was the other way around.

I certainly wouldn't. How soft do people want this league to be, man.  Yellow card all day.

I think the majority would. It was late and over the ball with his studs down Coquelin's shin man. :lol: What more do you want? The only thing missing is it being intentional.

It was a clumsy and careless attempt to get the ball. He missed and hit the shin of Coquelin without any real force. It was never dangerous. The look of Cazorla tells you all you need to know. He looked straight at the incident when it happened. Couldn't believe it.

Guest firetotheworks

His foot comes down in a stamping motion because he's trying to trap the ball, but he misses the ball and accidentally stamps on Coquelin, then leaves his foot there. Like I said before, I reckon it's an orange card, but his own stupidly made reputation has notched it up to a red.

Guest firetotheworks

I think you're all lying to yourselves if you think that you wouldn't be shouting for a red if it was the other way around.

I certainly wouldn't. How soft do people want this league to be, man.  Yellow card all day.

I think the majority would. It was late and over the ball with his studs down Coquelin's shin man. :lol: What more do you want? The only thing missing is it being intentional.

It was a clumsy and careless attempt to get the ball. He missed and hit the shin of Coquelin without any real force. It was never dangerous. The look of Cazorla tells you all you need to know. He looked straight at the incident when it happened. Couldn't believe it.

Watch it again, he doesn't 'hit' his shin like, he stands on his shin/foot.

Watch it again, he doesn't 'hit' his shin, he stands on his shin/foot.

Whatever, it was soft as shit man. He just about scraped the cunt.

His foot comes down in a stamping motion because he's trying to trap the ball, but he misses the ball and accidentally stamps on Coquelin, then leaves his foot there. Like I said before, I reckon it's an orange card, but his own stupidly made reputation has notched it up to a red.

Pretty much agree with this, but I don't think his reputation should have anything to do with it. Most other players would have been booked, he should've been too IMO.

For me it's a clear yellow. The reason I wouldn't give a red is because like you say, he doesn't do it with malice. He comes in late over the top but always looking at the ball. He doesn't have time to stop his movement, no one reacts that fast. It's not like he lunges into a tackle with the studs showing knowing that he might catch someone. To me it looks like he's unaware of Coquelin even being there until after Coquelin gets the ball.

I do see why the ref gave a red, but still find it an extremely poor decision and I think most people are mad because had it been an Arsenal player he would only have given a yellow if even that. I mean Wijnaldum and Coloccini were two other yellow cards that were absolutely ridiculous.

I think some of them still haven't caught up with the tougher guidelines for referees concerning dangerous tackles and think it's still 1995. Going into a tackle with your studs up and shin high is asking for a red even if there is minimal contact. I had this argument on Saturday with mojo and he ended up telling me to fuck off. :lol:

How do you even go in to that challenge without your studs showing man? He's in a standing position :lol:

Yes but his foot was raised and his studs made contact, there's a photo of it man. Isaid it on Saturday, that even if you just graze someone with your studs you can do some damage. Yes Coquelin made a meal of it but when there's contact the ref has no choice but to assume it's genuine. The initial contact was with the lower part of the shin pad, but then he did slide down to the unprotected part nearer the foot. 

What is a shin pad for?

Alright then lets make it legal that you can tackle as bad as you want as long as you connect with the shin pad. One thing about Mitrovic's red card, just watched it again. If he is going for the ball it's an absolutely shit attempt to get the ball

What is a shin pad for?

Alright then lets make it legal that you can tackle as bad as you want as long as you connect with the shin pad. One thing about Mitrovic's red card, just watched it again. If he is going for the ball it's an absolutely shit attempt to get the ball

I'd like to think it was just a clumsy challenge, but on the other hand if he's that clumsy he's liable to repeat it.

End of the day it was dangerous play, whether intentional or not, it was reckless. Red for me like.

How was it dangerous though? No actual force. It was reckless because it was careless, but no way was it dangerous.

He could have broken his toenail and got an infection.

What is a shin pad for?

Alright then lets make it legal that you can tackle as bad as you want as long as you connect with the shin pad. One thing about Mitrovic's red card, just watched it again. If he is going for the ball it's an absolutely s*** attempt to get the ball

No, I just don't think it should be a red based on all but studs being involved. Intent and force should conclude that.

I think some of them still haven't caught up with the tougher guidelines for referees concerning dangerous tackles and think it's still 1995. Going into a tackle with your studs up and shin high is asking for a red even if there is minimal contact. I had this argument on Saturday with mojo and he ended up telling me to fuck off. :lol:

How do you even go in to that challenge without your studs showing man? He's in a standing position :lol:

Yes but his foot was raised and his studs made contact, there's a photo of it man. Isaid it on Saturday, that even if you just graze someone with your studs you can do some damage. Yes Coquelin made a meal of it but when there's contact the ref has no choice but to assume it's genuine. The initial contact was with the lower part of the shin pad, but then he did slide down to the unprotected part nearer the foot. 

I know he made contact, I'm not debating that. It's just completely impractical for him to win the ball in any other way from the position he was in; the ball was nicked away and he landed on Coquelin instead.

You're bringing 'studs up' into it but that has always referred to dangerous leg breaking challenges where you throw your whole weight behind your heel going in. A stamp is a stamp and a rake is a rake, they're red cards (when intentional) because it's serious foul play regardless of studs. A kick to the shin is also a red etc. A tackle is never a red card unless your going in like an idiot, studs flat facing the ball with force behind it, hence it's a 'studs up' challenge.

I've said before but I can see why people think this is a red like, it can be viewed as either wreckless or intentional. I disagree with both though.

Hans calls a rake a rake :thup:

As I've said I thought it was far too marginal for him or us to feel too aggrieved. I don't think it was quite a red but it wasn't far off and he was an idiot doing that after 15 minutes.

The overall refereeing was disgusting though, never seen an Arsenal side throw themselves around quite so often against us and unfortunately we had a referee only too happy to humour them. The 2 shoulder charges and the disparity in how they were punished being a good example. I thought neither was a yellow but it's either one or both.

Basically he seemed to take pleasure in giving us nowt all afternoon, missing the penalty shout aside. It was all about him and he looked like he enjoyed himself.

Guest neesy111

As I've said I thought it was far too marginal for him or us to feel too aggrieved. I don't think it was quite a red but it wasn't far off and he was an idiot doing that after 15 minutes.

The overall refereeing was disgusting though, never seen an Arsenal side throw themselves around quite so often against us and unfortunately we had a referee only too happy to humour them. The 2 shoulder charges and the disparity in how they were punished being a good example. I thought neither was a yellow but it's either one or both.

Basically he seemed to take pleasure in giving us nowt all afternoon, missing the penalty shout aside. It was all about him and he looked like he enjoyed himself.

:thup:

Yep, while I couldn't argue with the red much, I did think the ref was just trying to be a cunt in general, he looks like one of those who loves the attention. I loved it when the crowd gave him dogs abuse. Only problem is I think he loved it as well.

You can tell he's one of those with how theatrical he is with his body language, making a big song and dance of telling a player he wanted a word etc. I think the crowd being so radge probably intimidated Arsenal but it seemed to spur the ref on.

I think some of them still haven't caught up with the tougher guidelines for referees concerning dangerous tackles and think it's still 1995. Going into a tackle with your studs up and shin high is asking for a red even if there is minimal contact. I had this argument on Saturday with mojo and he ended up telling me to fuck off. [emoji38]

Did I? [emoji38] Honest apologies for that like.

Guest firetotheworks

Still never a red. Neither a fucking "Orange". Pansy fucks.

Semtex in implying he's proper masculine and that shocker.

I think some of them still haven't caught up with the tougher guidelines for referees concerning dangerous tackles and think it's still 1995. Going into a tackle with your studs up and shin high is asking for a red even if there is minimal contact. I had this argument on Saturday with mojo and he ended up telling me to fuck off. [emoji38]

Did I? [emoji38] Honest apologies for that like.

It was blind loyalty to the shirt so I was okay with it. I might have told myself to fuck off if I was in your shoes.  O0