Newcastle United 1-2 Watford - 19/09/15 - Post-match reaction from page 21

Greg

Janmaat, Mbemba and Sissoko only players to come out Looking like they belong in this league. Haidara was woeful.

Wijnaldum looked better in the second half I thought, he was carrying the ball forward and trying to make things happen. Other than that, yeah those three were the pick.

We are in massive trouble - no two ways about it. I'll be interested to see how McLaren tries to dress this one up.

He said we needed a reaction after West Ham. Needs to explain why we haven't turn up again.

There's a cancer running through the club - the whole culture is fucked. And it's the owner who is to blame for that.

Might as well play Aarons at left back until PD is back and till January. Need to sign a f***ing left back man.

Jetro Willems has a grey hamster with good acceleration, and i think it might wanna sign for us.

George Caulkin ‏@CaulkinTheTimes  6 mins6 minutes ago

I'd forgotten that Rivière is injured. I'd also forgotten that he's a centre-forward.

:lol:

No matter how bad things get, Riviere should never play.

Agreed. Play Toney, recall Armstrong but never let him play again.

I'm not giving up on it just yet, but it's going to be a long season.

The new players and McClaren himself have come into a shambles and it really shows.

Most worrying is the general inability of anyone other than Janmaat to fashion a chance.

Coloccini so awful for the 2nd goal and Haidara s*** for the first. So damn easy for them

The worst of Colo right there.

Scared of any physical centre forward.

Really wish we had just replaced him with a big physical centre back.

We were much better in the second half - arguably as good as we've been this season (obviously not saying much mind) - but we are so chronically sluggish coming out of the blocks. Colback offers no protection whatsoever to the backline and was nowhere to be seen for their second goal. I actually thought Thauvin was one of our better players today, alongside Janmaat, Sissoko and Wijnaldum in the second half. Cisse is just a waste of a shirt these days, pathetic display once again.