Do you want NUFC to be relegated?

Guest palnese
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest firetotheworks

I'm not necessarily of the opinion that relegation alone will provoke Ashley into doing anything, but I am of the opinion that relegation is the only thing that will galvanise our support into doing something with AshleyOut, which in turn has more chance of ousting Ashley than not. So for that reason, yes.

I'm not necessarily of the opinion that relegation alone will provoke Ashley into doing anything, but I am of the opinion that relegation is the only thing that will galvanise our support into doing something with AshleyOut, which in turn has more chance of ousting Ashley than not. So for that reason, yes.

Fair point, on the other hand beating Championship teams every week might make people even more placid.

I worry if we went down again that we wouldn't come back for a long time. On the other hand going down would potentially lead to Ashley leaving. If a change of ownership was guaranteed I would be ok with us getting relegated. I can't see It happening, though. So I voted no.

Everyone would presumably vote yes if we knew Ashley would leave, that's exactly the problem.

Guest firetotheworks

Fair point, on the other hand beating Championship teams every week might make people even more placid.

I'm thinking more in terms of the lead up to relegation. FWIW I don't think we'd come back up again either.

No because there's every chance he wouldn't sell and then build a team that came straight back up again which would put us back another couple of years. I still cling onto the hope that once we are into some easier fixtures we start winning a few games and with some confidence returning we can start playing some decent football. We aren't going to finish any higher than mid-table without a couple of more commanding players in defence and midfield, but we never seem to learn.

Guest firetotheworks

No because there's every chance he wouldn't sell and then build a team that came straight back up again which would put us back another couple of years. I still cling onto the hope that once we are into some easier fixtures we start winning a few games and with some confidence returning we can start playing some decent football. We aren't going to finish any higher than mid-table without a couple of more commanding players in defence and midfield, but we never seem to learn.

If mid-table is the clubs own chosen limit, wouldn't you rather roll the dice?

Voted no but deep down it should be a yes, I like others don't think we will come straight back up should we drop down a league.

If there was a guarantee mike would leave if we were relegated now that would be a different kettle of fish.

I think it's safe to say that if we stay in the Premier League, Mike Ashley will never leave and we'll never compete again.

If we went down to the Conference North there's a chance he will go, and a chance the club can go back up the leagues again to the PL and compete.

I reckon there's more a chance of all the latter happening than Mike Ashley leaving on his own accord or selling up whilst we're still in the PL. For that reason alone I vote yes.

If I thought he was guaranteed to leave yes. But then we don't just need him to leave, we need an ambitious owner to come in. Chances are we would just end up with another cunt like him. If there was someone out there who really had a vision you would have thought they would have shown their hand when we went down last time. With the money in the game now the price of the club will be sky high.

Guest firetotheworks

If I thought he was guaranteed to leave yes. But then we don't just need him to leave, we need an ambitious owner to come in. Chances are we would just end up with another cunt like him. If there was someone out there who really had a vision you would have thought they would have shown their hand when we went down last time. With the money in the game now the price of the club will be sky high.

That's what I mean by rolling the dice, no one rolls it knowing that they're going to get a 6. :lol:

That's what I mean by rolling the dice, no one rolls it knowing that they're going to get a 6. :lol:

Well I'm clearly not much of a gambler. :lol:

I might be at that point if we don't turn things around in the next few games though. There's still part of me clinging onto our tough start and thinking we might look a lot better after a couple of wins. After Pardew, aiming for the top 7 and less ugly football is about as ambitious as I can get at the moment.

I don't see how anyone voting yes is a joke compared to anyone voting no who is apparently happy with making no progress and being in a relegation scrap season after season with disinterested players making it more a chore than an enjoyment going to games.

Guest firetotheworks

Anyone voting yes is a joke in my opinion and id guess most aren't from the local area the atmosphere around the hole city was awful last time we went down.

Ah, the good old 'musn't be from Newcastle' argument. So you can't understand why the club failing and therefore Ashley failing could have long term benefits? The alternative is just pottering along under Ashley doing nothing ever whilst the identity of our club is lost year on year in favour of the owner's sports brand.

Anyone voting yes is a joke in my opinion and id guess most aren't from the local area the atmosphere around the hole city was awful last time we went down.

Born, raised and currently residing. I voted yes. No reason for this club to exist in any division really and it's thoroughly toxic.

Ah man, I hate this sort of dickhead. Absolutely moronic post. Most of the people who have posted and said yes are locals. Give your head a shake or get in the fucking sea.

Genuinely don't give a f*** any longer. Staying up year on year has seen me so apathetic it's beyond belief, I still follow the club and the results but I don't care about it now, the emotion it used to stir in me, good and bad, has gone. When I bother to watch us I generally watch in silence, no celebrating goals, no anger about goals conceded - nothing. If staying up is going to mean this continues then f*** it, let's go down 2 or 3 divisions. At least I might care again, because the current state of play is f***ing awful. 

Been the case for two years now. Not arsed anymore.

Not really arsed one way or the other tbh although the economic impact on the city and surrounding businesses would probably be the main reason I'd want us to stay up which is barely a credible reason.

Agree with this. He clearly felt the pressure at the end of last season and that's without a full season's build up to it.

If we don't start winning, and very soon, the winter of discontent will be very real and the volume will be deafening come the end of the season.