Pavel Srníček (1968–2015)

sempuki

Guest zicomartin

If it really was 20 minutes to 'recover him to life support', the prognosis will most probably not be good.  8-10 minutes with no blood or oxygen being pumped to the brain, then maybe, its still possible to make a full recovery, but even then, rarely.

Dont mean to be negative.

Sorry lads, but I really fear the worst for him. :(

Best wishes to Pav and his family & friends.

If it really was 20 minutes to 'recover him to life support', the prognosis will most probably not be good.  8-10 minutes with no blood or oxygen being pumped to the brain, then maybe, its still possible to make a full recovery, but even then, rarely.

Dont mean to be negative.

Sorry lads, but I really fear the worst for him. :(

Best wishes to Pav and his family & friends.

It's rare to make a full recovery and usually Dr's won't try for so long, Muamba's heart had stopped for 78 minutes though he was being given oxygen. I think one of the reasons why the kept going so long on him was because there was a full stadium watching and they would have found it difficult to stop. If oxygen is being spread around the body then in theory you have as much time as you like, it's just the heart will have little chance of starting again.

Anyway there is a chance that he can make full recovery, it does happen, and he's in the best place. We just have to be patient.

"There are limited data on the current rate of bystander defibrillation with a public access

defibrillator (PAD) following an OHCA. One study in the South of England reported bystander

defibrillation in 1.74% of OHCA cases.8 When someone has a cardiac arrest, every minute

without CPR and defibrillation reduces their chances of survival by 7–10 per cent."

Not to be negative, but even is hospital resus has a very low success rate...

"There are limited data on the current rate of bystander defibrillation with a public access

defibrillator (PAD) following an OHCA. One study in the South of England reported bystander

defibrillation in 1.74% of OHCA cases.8 When someone has a cardiac arrest, every minute

without CPR and defibrillation reduces their chances of survival by 7–10 per cent."

We were discussing it on skyscrapercity. In the UK only 8% of patients who suffer from cardiac arrest survive, I think the best survival rate is 25% and I think thats in Norway.

A lot of reasons are associated with survival rates, and the topic of defibrillators was brought up. I have said that defibrillators should be available in every public place, and every first aid kit should have one, something I stand by. I think the only public places that have defibrillators is leisure centre's even then I don't think there is a law that they should all have them and I'm not sure if all do. I think some shopping malls have started installing them.

A large reason why I think they should be more available is that I myself was born with what is a rather complex heart problem, the fear of having a heart attack or cardiac arrest makes you realise the threat it poses more.

If anyway is interested, here is the link to the page the discussion is on:http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=981442&page=305

Guest firetotheworks

Wraith will do anything for money.

Saddest thing is he has absolutely no shame whatsoever.

Here lies the only post I've ever agreed with Crumpy Gunt on. 2015-2015.

He's a promoter not an agent. He's trying to flog a book not turn out in the PL.

He's a grade A arsehole. Fully expecting the c*** to try and jump on screen in the new Krays movie

Seen him in the Walls End pub a couple of years ago. Expected him to be a right prick but was surprised to find he's actually a sound lad. Spent about 20 minutes talking about NUFC with him and he was canny crack. Can totally understand why people who've never met him would think otherwise though.

This.

I understand why people who only see him on tv don't like him, but in person he's sound and a really nice lad.

He's a promoter not an agent. He's trying to flog a book not turn out in the PL.

He's a grade A arsehole. Fully expecting the c*** to try and jump on screen in the new Krays movie

Seen him in the Walls End pub a couple of years ago. Expected him to be a right prick but was surprised to find he's actually a sound lad. Spent about 20 minutes talking about NUFC with him and he was canny crack. Can totally understand why people who've never met him would think otherwise though.

This.

I understand why people who only see him on tv don't like him, but in person he's sound and a really nice lad.

No he's not, he's a cunt. I've met him several times unfortunately.

This.

I'm sure Piers Morgan and Russell Brand are decent enough company for a pint or two anarl but if you make a point of being a complete bellend when you're in the public eye then people are going to think you're a complete bellend.  They're not wrong either.

Attention seeking twat with no discernible talent apart from globbing on to those who might get him a bit of spotlight for his sad pathetic ego.

We were discussing it on skyscrapercity. In the UK only 8% of patients who suffer from cardiac arrest survive, I think the best survival rate is 25% and I think thats in Norway.

A lot of reasons are associated with survival rates, and the topic of defibrillators was brought up. I have said that defibrillators should be available in every public place, and every first aid kit should have one, something I stand by. I think the only public places that have defibrillators is leisure centre's even then I don't think there is a law that they should all have them and I'm not sure if all do. I think some shopping malls have started installing them.

A large reason why I think they should be more available is that I myself was born with what is a rather complex heart problem, the fear of having a heart attack or cardiac arrest makes you realise the threat it poses more.

If anyway is interested, here is the link to the page the discussion is on:http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=981442&page=305

You can't just class it as 'cardiac arrest'. There are quite a few different types of heart attacks that all give differing chances of survival.

Depends also of course if he was in a shockable rhythm.  Defibrillator is no use if it's Pulsless electrical activity or asystole. 

I used to nurse in ICU,  I'm sure they will be attempting to bring him round slowly. I'm sure we will hear more soon.

My thoughts are with his family.

Pav is genuinely a lovely guy. I used to go watch the lads train, and out of all of them, he was the nicest bloke. He obviously loved meeting the fans and he'd stay out as long as there were people there, talking to people, signing autographs, always smiling, joking with people. Here's me with Pav when I was an awkward...  11 year old maybe? He's got an Asics top on so must have been our first or second season in the premier league.

http://i.imgur.com/Gdhv4mF.jpg

Really hope he makes a full recovery, and hope he gets some songs today.

Guest firetotheworks

The Asics logo changed slightly in 94/95 and I think that coat was all black by that point too so I'd guess it's 93/94. Those badges on the hat as well. :love:

You can't just class it as 'cardiac arrest'. There are quite a few different types of heart attacks that all give differing chances of survival.

The study says cardiac arrest survival rate is 8% in the UK. Of course you can have heart attacks without cardiac arrest, my Mam had a heart attack a couple of years ago but did not suffer from cardiac arrest.