Newcastle United 0 - 1 Everton - 26/12/15 - Post-match reaction from page 19

Dave

Bizarre punditry from BT Sport, talking of Everton domination. We should've won that and to lose in this fashion is heartbreaking.

A lot of energy went on this performance, I think we'll be knackered for West Brom. But we were decent today.

The Everton love in was pretty bad today.

Bizarre punditry from BT Sport, talking of Everton domination. We should've won that and to lose in this fashion is heartbreaking.

A lot of energy went on this performance, I think we'll be knackered for West Brom. But we were decent today.

:(

Why the f*** Colo is standing on the goal line when a corner comes in and is not in the penalty box marking someone when he's the leading CB is beyond me.

Oh no it's not, it's because he's s*** in the air and it's chance to stand aside and let someone else do a job that he's supposed to do and not look bad.

I really hope you're just drunk. Always.

No, honestly why is Colo not in the penalty box, he's your CB, you expect him to be in there defending a set piece not standing near the goal line.

Guest firetotheworks

While Elliott did make loads of saves, that Mitrovich chance was as clear cut as they come and it's an absolute joke that he didn't bury it. Like I said, a draw would have made sense on the quality of chances, but it's our own fault for being absolutely shit.

Watched the goal again. Think Colo and Anita both think the other guy is going to clear it so leave it go. Shocking stuff

I agree but the chance should never have arisen anyway, shite keeping and no one closing down Cleverley. Fucking amateur hour like it was just before it aside from the Chancellors tackle.

Watched the goal again. Think Colo and Anita both think the other guy is going to clear it so leave it go. Shocking stuff

The thought of a goal line clearance at 93rd and 2 players leave it angers me to no end.

Thought it was an even game after the first 20 and we looked to have more ideas towards the end. Our weaknesses really showed in the opening period mind, tried to play higher and the midfield were exposed terribly. Perez and Mitro are very green, in that instance, always leaving the spare man and going towards the ball rather than the space -  much better when they dropped in. Everton had a fair few pot shots, like, not arsed about that one stat. Possession was poor but we play a direct game now (short term, I imagine) and it's where we look at our best.

Didnt think we deserved to lose. Another game where we've missed some good openings.

Thing that does me in right now is that we played under heavy conditions, only made 1 sub, played with full energy right until that goal, wasn't hanging on by a thread situation, had chances of our own and by the end, we got nought from it and will probably be knackered plus demoralised on Monday. Worthless afternoon.

Thought it was an even game, a point would have been a good result and it would have been good going into the WBA game. I've no idea how McClaren is going to pick the team up for WBA after another kick in the bollocks. We're fragile enough as

it is.

Anita was really good today and a few good other performances but it's obvious why we're there in the table.

So unlucky there.

This really bar the so unlucky. You make your luck sometimes and we didn't play til the final whistle. Our defence was still absolutely comical at times. Mainly, but not exclusively from the midfields inability to mark players in our box but also the complete lack of pace and overall skill of dummett.

Anita as you say had a great second half and so so first. Much better. Perez was off virtually all night. Hard to fully judge mitrovic om the one chance we actually created for him all game

He should have buried it though. Desperately need a left wing that works like the right and a central mid to replace colback and probably Anita.

The 'we deserved f*** all' v 'deserved a point' man it's all irrelevant.  We just don't do enough in games to win the amount we need. 

Hence why we're in the bottom 3 and have failed to take advantage of 2 home games

I agree but the chance should never have arisen anyway, s**** keeping and no one closing down Cleverley. f***ing amateur hour like it was just before it aside from the Chancellors tackle.

it all started from us pissing about on the edge of their box iirc.

Elliot made 2 really good saves. The rest were pretty routine, weren't they?

And was beaten for the goal. How many really good saves did Howard make? One, from our one effort?

Shots on target are tallied for a reason, that's because unless you pepper the woodwork shots off target aren't 'unlucky'. They're incompetence.

Gini and Sissoko often pick up the ball too deep in our own half and so we don't have anyone in the final third. Really need to change that.

Aye Chris Waddle(who I actually thought was alright) said this a lot. He also suggested swapping Ayoze and Sissoko's positions which I also would have liked to see