Jonjo Shelvey (now playing for Çaykur Rizespor, on loan from Nottingham Forest)

Guest ManDoon

Guest boumsongandbust

Attitude most likely. May be looking for a move (not necessarily to us I hasten to add). Look at Berahino at WBA, 'can't' start at a bottom half team yet is being linked with every Tom Dick and Harry in the top 6.

Think he's on upgrade on the current shite, but got to ask why he cant get a start at a relegation rival.

And, I'd rather we put the £10m towards a couple of strikers, what we actually need.

Ben Arfa couldn't get a game for us, then went to Hull and couldn't get one there, and then we let him go for fuck all  :cheesy:

He's better than what we have and why not buy him and a couple of strikers, well at least one.

Why I don't expect him to pull up any trees, I think he could be a solid squad member.

And wont it be nice to see one of our midfield have a damn good effort from 25 yards, i can't remember the last thunderbastard we scored.

Why I don't expect him to pull up any trees, I think he could be a solid squad member.

And wont it be nice to see one of our midfield have a damn good effort from 25 yards, i can't remember the last thunderbastard we scored.

Lets see if McClaren plays him first. :lol:

What's this on NUFC.com about us not following up on the Saivet signing unless we shift another high earner first?

Sounds more like us. Wonder if the Tiote to China deal has to happen to allow Shelvey and Saviet to come in.

Inevitably though things are never straightforward on Barrack Road and financing the pursuit of Shelvey in addition to an unidentified striking target in this window are at least partly dependent on concluding the sale of a current high earner at the club.

... From their bit about Shelvey.

I want him because not only can he be influential, but he's also got Premier League experience and we really need that. Swansea were doing well over the last two seasons and he was a big part of it.

He'll get a second chance with us and good displays will see him in the Euro team. I also like that anytime he picks up the ball, he's looking to create a goal scoring opportunity. He'll even try to score from his own half.

On the negative side, he can be quite rash. He's the type of player to get frustrated and lash out or commit a two footed challenge. But I think the positives out way the negatives on this one.

Really hope he signs for us.

Inevitably though things are never straightforward on Barrack Road and financing the pursuit of Shelvey in addition to an unidentified striking target in this window are at least partly dependent on concluding the sale of a current high earner at the club.

... From their bit about Shelvey.

Hmm reckon Tiote could go, if we did sign Shelvey as well he's got to be one gone, hopefully.

Lets see if McClaren plays him first. :lol:

If he's on the bench while cockback is loafing about on the pitch, i swear i'll go full Pardew.

Pleased you don't sit next to me you pessimistic tw@t... sick of reading your miserable drivel everytime we sign or go in for someone.... go be a mackem or summatt they're all misery guts on the forum of doom

He's an upgrade on Colback. So im happy with it. Hope this one happens because his offensive side of his game is positive.

Also if he does well and goes to the euros we'll have one newcastle player for England which is cool :lol:

Like Colback will be dropped man, no way.  :lol:

he's an upgrade on our cm options full stop

You and i would have been a upgrade on that pathetic excuse of a CM man.

Not sold on Shelvey at all, never rated him that much. Also, not fancy enough name, if he was named Pedro Gonzales mind...  :drool:  :lol:

I guess i have to wait and see.

"Jonjo Shelvy" seems like a much fancier name to me than "Pedro Gonzalez." Don't think I've actually ever met someone named Jonjo :lol:

Pleased you don't sit next to me you pessimistic tw@t... sick of reading your miserable drivel everytime we sign or go in for someone.... go be a mackem or summatt they're all misery guts on the forum of doom

Crikey.