Jonjo Shelvey (now playing for Çaykur Rizespor, on loan from Nottingham Forest)

Guest ManDoon

Doesn't mention Saivet and was written before he came over for a medical.  Really don't think we're going to have someone over for a medical if we're not ready to sign him.  Shelvey being dependent on a departure?, who knows.

Why I don't expect him to pull up any trees, I think he could be a solid squad member.

Pleased you don't sit next to me you pessimistic tw@t... sick of reading your miserable drivel everytime we sign or go in for someone.... go be a mackem or summatt they're all misery guts on the forum of doom

:lol: Out of the blue

Go get in front of some sky cameras.

Guest Howaythetoon

Shelvey is a huge upgrade on what we have in CM and gives us things we lack, he can control or dictate a game with his passing, vision and drive. He's a goal threat as well. I quite like him and think he could become a bit of a cult hero. My only worry is lack of discipline positional and lack of real pace. Long-term he isn't someone I'd like to see as a mainstay in our midfield, but for now, for this side, he is a huge upgrade.

There were a couple of times I watched him for England since he broke through where he looked like one of the brightest players, was quite impressed with him.

:thup:

Big upgrade on the likes of Anita and Colback.

Goes without saying, but you forgot the other one.

There were a couple of times I watched him for England since he broke through where he looked like one of the brightest players, was quite impressed with him.

He'll certainly drive us forward more than them if we persist with this formation and put him into one of those two slots. If his head's right, obviously.

Guest Howaythetoon

By the way, I don't think Swansea's game suits his and vice versa really. I think he could do well here and I'm hoping this is the sign of a different approach to recruitment. We need more PL experience and players with a bit of character, which we badly lack.

He'll certainly drive us forward more than them if we persist with this formation and put him into one of those two slots. If his head's right, obviously.

That's another that should change personally, the stupid as shit 4 CMs bollocks. Even if Shelvey and the french lad ( i know he's from Senegal, fuck off) turn out to be good signings it will still be a waste with the current set up IMO.

Sounds like we'd be looking to use him as the more attacking CM, he's well suited to that, IMO. Saivet appears to be a solid athlete with good technique and the appetite for a tackle, could be a nice partnership with a simple remit.

Get a LW and a good striker and I'll feel more confident about the attacking half of the pitch. Let's keep Gini as 10, with Perez and Mitro for competition.