Andros Townsend

lovejoy
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

What's happened to him?

Injured. Hamstring i think.

Relegation battle kicked in. Effects a few of them in the squad.

harsh on him.

So others have said but I'll be honest I'm past caring about any of the over priced players who claim their love of the game and all that garbage then pull out with slight pulls and strains when we're in the shit. Soft as shite nowadays they really are. He's shown very little in his time here, though he'd want to force his place into the team regardless, doesn't appear to be the case.

Like I said he's not the only one, far to many of the squad not up for the relegation battle and have taken the easy option.

It's already been reported that Siem De Jong has strained an eye tendon and torn his frown muscle whilst expressing surprise at the impending appointment

he is expected to be out for a year

In fact lets see how many injured players are fit and ready if Rafa is manager for Leicester. Each of them can frankly fuck off in my eyes if they are.

I was thinking this too, Rafa's healing hands will work wonders.

Needs to strap a block of cheese to his leg for 12 hours a day.

It's already been reported that Siem De Jong has strained an eye tendon and torn his frown muscle whilst expressing surprise at the impending appointment

he is expected to be out for a year

:D

I doubt townsend would have faked an injury this early in his new start. The guy has been gasping for games. Colo, on the other hand, hmmm :hmm:

Im not saying he's faked it, I'm suggesting its more not playing through a slight injury for the sake of the clubs PL battle.

I doubt townsend would have faked an injury this early in his new start. The guy has been gasping for games. Colo, on the other hand, hmmm :hmm:

Im not saying he's faked it, I'm suggesting its more not playing through a slight injury for the sake of the clubs PL battle.

Well, it all depends.  If our physio, would be asking or clearing a player, who relies mainly on speed, to play through a hamstring injury.  Then I'd be pretty fucking concerned. 

It sounds as if Alli has been playing through knocks at Spurs.  I think he has knee and ankle injuries.  But every case is different and I'm certainly not a medical expert, on sporting injuries.

I definitely think there are players, past and present (Owen, Marcelino) that have either faked injuries or massively exaggerated them.  But at the same time, I don't get the logic of some people saying professional athletes should be playing through injuries.  It's not quite the same as playing Sunday league.  Where 5-10%, isn't going to make a huge difference. 

It worked against us we played Mbemba against Everton, despite him being injured.  Colo looked even more immobile, when he played through his knee injury earlier in the season.  It can be to the detriment of the team.  Plus, if we played Townsend through a slight hamstring strain and then he tore it and was out for months.  We'd all rightly be fucked off.

Well, it all depends.  If our physio, would be asking or clearing a player, who relies mainly on speed, to play through a hamstring injury.  Then I'd be pretty f***ing concerned. 

It sounds as if Alli has been playing through knocks at Spurs.  I think he has knee and ankle injuries.  But every case is different and I'm certainly not a medical expert, on sporting injuries.

I definitely think there are players, past and present (Owen, Marcelino) that have either faked injuries or massively exaggerated them.  But at the same time, I don't get the logic of some people saying professional athletes should be playing through injuries.  It's not quite the same as playing Sunday league.  Where 5-10%, isn't going to make a huge difference. 

It worked against us we played Mbemba against Everton, despite him being injured.  Colo looked even more immobile, when he played through his knee injury earlier in the season.  It can be to the detriment of the team.  Plus, if we played Townsend through a slight hamstring strain and then he tore it and was out for months.  We'd all rightly be f***ed off.

it was said by McClaren that Townsend wasn't injured he just wasn't 100% fit and for the job he wanted him to do he felt he had to be 100%. Personally with the shite being ditched out by those players who have been playing, I whole heartily disagree. 

Some pure lazy bollocks here being directed at Townsend who has looked one of our few interested players in the games he has played. Also one of the few that looking visibly frustrated at results. For someone that has barely played and is clearly hungry to get playing time, its not inconceivable he might pick up some knocks getting regular games again. Direct your hyperbole somewhere else please, preferably away from the team over the next couple of weeks.

notice he was training yesterday..... Lazarus has risen

Suprise isn't it.

You can't throw the accusation at him man, the lads been here five minutes and only came because he was desperate to play. He could have lay on the treatment table at Tottenham if he  wanted to bottle his way through his career, instead he turned out weekly for their reserves.

I have no doubt we have bottlers in the camp, it's incredibly harsh to suggest townsend is one.