Andros Townsend

lovejoy
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Took him fucking ages to get into the game. I forgot he was even subbed on until about 15 minutes after it happened.  He did well enough when he got going, not sure about him on the right though

Didn't look fit at all, was moving very gingerly at first but then got into it and him and SDJ made a difference although by then Leicester were happy to soak up and hit us on the break anyway.

Did Bill Cosby touch the ball?????????????

Looked a lot slower than usual and his touch was awful.  Didn't try and take anyone on too often.  The one time he did, he got one of our only decent crosses in. 

He should be starting.  But if his hamstring is affecting him that badly.  Then I'm not sure he should be on the pitch. 

Didn't do much Imo, it was the townsend of spurs, one trick to beat a man and that's about it.

Very unfair IMO, i have never rated him but he was dangerous everytime he got on the ball and with better movement and finishing he could have had an assist or two as he put in some decent crosses which should have been taken advantage of.

Created at least two decent chances (one for Mitro near post and another for Sis back post). His shot could of lead to a goal if someone had the sense to follow it in. There was a similar cross he put in from a weird angle where if someone gambled near post would have resulted in a good chance.

Think it's harsh to say he didn't have a good game. In a game of few chances he looked our most creative outlet.

I was going to suggest he doesn't link as well with Janmaat as others when they play right and Janmaat was a lot less effective going forward. But maybe that's more to the fact that in the past we've been so reliant on Janmaat that we've just given him the ball any time he moves forward. There were times today when it could have went wide to Janmaat and Townsend has just took it on his own. Refreshing to see.

He's the most direct attack minded player we have. No passing to the back, no sideways passing like the others. Need him on the left to swing the crosses in though.

This very much like how direct he is,  hopefully he be fit for the rest of the season

Taken over from Cabella as the king of the stepovers.

He's as poor as I thought he was going to be.

Yet still our best outlet in first half. Give him a chance.

Taken over from Cabella as the king of the stepovers.

He's as poor as I thought he was going to be.

Thought he was our best player yesterday, and that he always looked to go forward, and for the most part was causing trouble doing so.

His stepovers look really telegraphed, like they're not actually adding any deception to his movements as his legs do a massive arc around the ball instead of a quick, short one.

He's got good acceleration and he made life difficult for Van Aanholt / Khazri but outside of his two crosses in the first 5-10 minutes and a shot on target he didn't penetrate too much; but that might be because we didn't really get behind Sunderland on counters where he could damage them. Exactly the kind of performance he'd give for Tottenham really, works for a team like ours more than Spurs though and definitely prefer him on the right cutting inside.