Andros Townsend

lovejoy
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Time to judge him is against better opposition. No point singing his praises against a shower of shite.

So we are allowed to slag him off when he has a bad game against Everton, but when he has a good game, even if against poor opposition, we are not allowed to praise him?

Time to judge him is against better opposition. No point singing his praises against a shower of shite.

So we are allowed to slag him off when he has a bad game against Everton, but when he has a good game, even if against poor opposition, we are not allowed to praise him?

Listen you can suck his cock if you want, but if he can't influence games against better sides then he's not the player we need.

But yes he did well against what he had to face.

Didn't know we were a top half table team pushing for Europe, these are normally the games we struggle to win. All that mattered today was the result but sounded like we play well also.

He was involved in everything we did. Ran at them, went looking for the ball, worked hard. Had our best effort in the first half too.

He's no HBA like but he's a good player.

He wanted the ball but didn't do a lot with it.  Lost it quite a few times when taking people on.  He was far from MOTM -- That'd be Tiote for me.

I think people underestimate the value of hard work. His end product might not be all that, but he offers genuine width and pace and will put in a shift at both ends of the pitch. Cabella and Thauvin might be better individual players but they weren't for the team because they just couldn't handle the pace of English football.

Oh and he nearly produced the end product as well btw, that effort that came off the post.

Might help him by being at a club where he doesn't have to be an 8 out of 10 when he starts just to keep his place in the team. Today was a solid 7 and should be what we get from him most weeks. Hopefully he knows that and doesn't try to overdo things to impress the manager just to have a chance of starting the next game. I'll take the Everton performance 2 in 10 games if we see this 5-6 out of 10 games and a couple of stand out performances thrown in.

I think people underestimate the value of hard work. His end product might not be all that, but he offers genuine width and pace and will put in a shift at both ends of the pitch. Cabella and Thauvin might be better individual players but they weren't for the team because they just couldn't handle the pace of English football.

Oh and he nearly produced the end product as well btw, that effort that came off the post.

He also almost bagged an assist. Like you say, him being in the team will mean we arn't just relying on the right side to attack from, which in itself will make us be able to stretch teams easier.

I thought he looked good, he's not amazing on the ball but he worked hard and forced the issue a few times, I think him and Shelvey will grab a couple of goals each before the end of the season too which we really need.

I don't think he has enough about him to be a permanent starter like, it'd be daft if he permanently takes Perez' place in the side. He'd a far better option than we've had for some time though.

Today wasn't amazing or anything, but was a marked improvement from his first match. He played well, and was involved in a lot of our attacks. As Disco pointed out it gave us a lot more threat on the opposite flank instead of just expecting Sissoko and Janmaat to create everything out wide as has been the case nearly all season.

I'm hopeful once he gets a bit more up to speed and in tune with his teammates he'll be a worthwhile addition to the team.

Apart from the shot that hit the post I don't understand why people are raving about him.

I didn't think he was poor but he wasn't great either.

My thoughts exactly.

When was the last time Gouffran / Obertan / Thauvin / Sammy / Cabella hit the post?

He's no world beater but he's better than anything we have had on the left wing recently.