Andros Townsend

lovejoy
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I can get behind a loan move, not keen on giving him a 5 year contract though.

Totally this.

Yeah I think that would be ideal. I've got a feeling that he's better than some think on here, but would still prefer to have a proper look before parting with daft money.

I can get behind a loan move, not keen on giving him a 5 year contract though.

Totally this.

Yeah I think that would be ideal. I've got a feeling that he's better than some think on here, but would still prefer to have a proper look before parting with daft money.

But come next summer £12m isnt going to be daft money, its going to be peanuts compared to the TV money each EPL club will get.  Dont forget, the higher you finish the bigger the slice of TV money, so Ash is going to want us to finish pretty high up in the EPL, if not this year, then certainly next season so I can understand him splashing the cash now.  Speculate to accumulate....

Don't know much about him admittedly but he's always struck me as someone who just wants to play Football.  So if he's doing well here and we already have a deal agreed with Tottenham through the loan then I could see him staying :dontknow:

If not, well then at least he'd have had a great 6 months for us and helped us get out of trouble (he'd have to to attract the kind of interest that could turn his head), then we could look elsewhere.  Buy him permanently now and he's shit and we're stuck with a millstone around our necks

Don't know much about him admittedly but he's always struck me as someone who just wants to play Football.

I want to play football too.  :mung:

But you're shit at it though so not even worth a loan.

I really think Townsend coming here would be great for both him and us. I appear to rate him more than most people on here but I do see a lot of potential with him.

I don't really see how we need him other than off the bench? And why would we over-pay for someone to sit on our bench? I mean I'm all for depth, but Townsend at £14m is absolutely ridiculous. Rather give Thauvin a chance and put that money into improving at LB and getting someone like Berahino.

I really think Townsend coming here would be great for both him and us. I appear to rate him more than most people on here but I do see a lot of potential with him.

I don't really see how we need him other than off the bench? And why would we over-pay for someone to sit on our bench? I mean I'm all for depth, but Townsend at £14m is absolutely ridiculous. Rather give Thauvin a chance and put that money into improving at LB and getting someone like Berahino.

This, just get a left back instead, and give Thauvin an opportunity to prove himself.

This, just get a left back instead, and give Thauvin an opportunity to prove himself.

Whilst we quietly slide into the 2nd tier of English football?

We're not in a position to carry anyone at this stage.