Andros Townsend

lovejoy
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

tbh, £2m loan fee for 4 months is bloody ridiculous.

Thats partially what I think it comes down to.

CPFC "He's your's for 13mill"

NUFC "Well we don't want to commit and I don't think he does till we are certain of promotion, how about 2mill now and the balance if we come up. If we don't come up you keep the 2 and can sell him to someone else for whatever ?"

CPFC "13mill now or 2 now and 13mill in the summer"

It's a possibilty.

Surely that depends on if it results in 2m being knocked off the asking price in the summer?

All the figures the last day or two were £2m plus £13m in the summer.

Hence why we should've bought and not loaned for £13m

Surely that depends on if it results in 2m being knocked off the asking price in the summer?

That seems to have been (one of the) issue(s) though... It was reportedly £2m now as a loan fee, then the £13m release clause in the summer.

Don't think Ashley would ever be happy spending more on a player we sold just a year earlier.

Also, if Palace were now agreeing to an initial loan, their terms may have been an obligation to buy in the summer regardless of promotion.

Guess we'll never know the ins and outs of the deal being thrashed out.

But, we need to win the next 2 games at home, and then take it from there - hopefully keep that gap to 3rd place for the rest of the season.

Thats partially what I think it comes down to.

CPFC "He's your's for 13mill"

NUFC "Well we don't want to commit and I don't think he does till we are certain of promotion, how about 2mill now and the balnace if we come up. If we don't come up you keep the 2 and can sell him to someone else for whatever ?"

CPFC "13mill now or 2 now and 13mill in the summer"

It's a possibilty.

More than likely I'd say. No club these days wants to commit to deals contingent on promotion because if you don't get it you can end up in a lot of trouble financially.

yup, a decent winger for£13m that would have been good enough for our premiership squad. not many of those around unless you take a risk with someone from abroad.

Not when you look at the bigger picture of money to be gained from promotion.

Sure, tell Villa that.

We spent in the summer, and on course for promotion. Sure Andros would be a good signing, but Rafa should get that squad promoted with our without him.

My slight problem with all this is Rafas reaction, but I take the meltdown when/if it happen.

Sure, tell Villa that.

We spent in the summer, and on course for promotion. Sure Andros would be a good signing, but Rafa should get that squad promoted with our without him.

My slight problem with all this is Rafas reaction, but I take the meltdown when/if it happen.

How good is the squad though? We all seen what happened when we lost ONE player for 5 games.

Getting dumped out of the cup by lower league opposition and having a wild goose chase transfer window resulting in nothing is an all too familiar feeling brought back.

I still think we'll go up but Townsend could have made it a canter for us. I really am gutted we haven't signed him although I feel like I've got him on a much higher pedestal than his actual ability since this transfer saga.

yup, a decent winger for£13m that would have been good enough for our premiership squad. not many of those around unless you take a risk with someone from abroad.

I've got a feeling the £13m release clause only kicks in at the end of the season, otherwise we could have just triggered it by putting in an offer. Either that or Townsend/us didn't want to commit to a permanent deal until we are officially promoted.

Sure, tell Villa that.

How good is the squad though? We all seen what happened when we lost ONE player for 5 games.

there arent any decent squads in this league.

Sure, tell Villa that.

I believe it's good enough to get promoted.

I've got a feeling the £13m release clause only kicks in at the end of the season, otherwise we could have just triggered it by putting in an offer. Either that or Townsend/us didn't want to commit to a permanent deal until we are officially promoted.

Probably both.