Andros Townsend

lovejoy
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Yeah, if you look at the beginning of this thread you can see what our opinion of him was for £12m. Now he has 4 months shining in a relegated team of sh1te and 6 months on the bench for another struggling team.

Don't get me wrong, I would like him back and £13m is fine with me but would rather stand our ground then get walked over by Palace and Fat Sam.

Of course when Ashley offers 10m in summer then I'll be full on raging.

It was pretty obvious from the short interview with Allardyce on Sky that he was determined to keep Townsend and that Townsend wanted to go.

We don't know the full story, but I think there was more to it than Palace naming a price and us refusing to meet it.

You're Alan Barnes. A nice young lass has raised £300k and you've f***ed off to the Shetlands. Do you give her a decent reward when you can get away with a tenner? Do you f***.

hahaha :lol: 

Wouldn't surprise me if Fat Sam deliberately held this one off to get one over on us and Rafa.

yes- wouldnt surprise me if Ashleys minions knew this would be the case, and allowed it to proceed as a- we tried cover story to peddle to Rafa.

I said at the start of this Ashley has never gone back fof someone he has sold, never.

Enough said

He has gone back for previous targets several times. In fact, that's one of the hall marks of the Ashley regime, to never give up on a target, a strategy that has landed us successes like McClaren and Thauvin.

I said at the start of this Ashley has never gone back fof someone he has sold, never.

Enough said

You also said that George Caulkin talks bullshit and isn't really ITK, despite him nearly always getting things right

Enough said

He has gone back for previous targets several times. In fact, that's one of the hall marks of the Ashley regime, to never give up on a target, a strategy that has landed us successes like McClaren and Thauvin.

I've never even understood the point of highlighting how we've never re-signed a player under Ashley, like it's some sort of interesting stat. What percentage of transfers in professional football is a player going back to an old club? 0.00001%?

It will be interesting to see whether we go back for Townsend in the summer. He's a good player but seems to get his head turned at the drop of a hat. I wish he would just make his mind up where he wants to play football so we can either make a serious bid for him or put our focus elsewhere.

Enough said

I've never even understood the point of highlighting how we've never re-signed a player under Ashley, like it's some sort of interesting stat. What percentage of transfers in professional football is a player going back to an old club? 0.00001%?

Its just a fact.i can only point out a fact  :lol:

• 3 weeks later...

Just looking at Palaces fixtures.  They're fucked man.  Using a conservative estimate of 36 points to stay up, they'll need 17 more.

Their remaining away games are West Brom, Chelsea, Southampton, Liverpool, Man City, Man Utd  They'd be lucky to get 3 points from that lot.

Meaning they need 14 from their home games, Boro, Spurs, Watford, Arsenal, Leicester, Burnley, Hull. 4 wins & 2 draws or 5 wins.

Before seeing this I'd have dismissed them as a relegation candidate, even in their current situation, but fucking hell it'll be close. Nice one "Pards"

Must say, I'd dearly love to see this lad playing in the Championship next year and us to have someone better than him tearing s*** up in the Premiership. :lol:

Would prefer we signed him and used him in the PL to be honest.

Must say, I'd dearly love to see this lad playing in the Championship next year and us to have someone better than him tearing s*** up in the Premiership. :lol:

Would prefer we signed him and used him in the PL to be honest.

Honestly think if there's money to be spent and we're in the PL we could do much better than him. He's a lot better than Gouffran obviously but let's not pretend he's some sort of superstar. I'd also be concerned that both he and Ritchie are best suited to playing on the right, would prefer a player who plays his best stuff on the left.

If he came to compete with Ritchie then that would be good but if we go into next year in the Premiership with Ritchie and Townsend as our starting wingers then it'll be a long season.