Stoke City 1-0 Newcastle United - post match standing watching from page 24

Disco

I didn't follow the game today, but I'm not surprised to see we lost. My interest is waning in this current side just because I don't think anyone in a position to change what is going on actually cares. We should win some of those last matches, but given recent performances you can't be certain which side will turn up.

I know it was mentioned at the Fan Forum, but no one is accountable for anything that goes wrong across the board. Chris Hughton achieved what we required and his reward was a few months before he got the sack.

We harbor a losing culture, especially away from home, and across the first team, U21 and U18 groups. We retained coaches within the setup because it would be cheaper than getting rid of them hoping other clubs would 'poach' them from us. We have players deemed available for sale that are now required to do a job given our current situation. We struggle to bring through young players for fear of scarring them, but then when needs must chuck them into the firing line. At board room level we've had failures such as Joe Kinnear and that poor January window...Joe Kinnear in football after 1999...jesus wept man. Our previous transfer plans mirrored Aldi and the food they sourced...often imported on the cheap from another country in the hope it turned out to be alright...who needs Kelloggs corn flakes when you can get some Aldi Kornflakes for a fraction of the price.

It's interesting to see Shelvey as captain tonight as it highlights a lack of character prior to January. Coloccini was constantly hammered for lacking leadership skills, yet a January signing is given the armband ahead of players who've been with us a season or more. I'm not saying every player should be able to be a captain, but you'd like to think we had some who could step up and lead the current squad.

If we go down, we've only got those within the club to blame, but realistically those players too good for us will be rewarded for a poor season by signing for a mid table Premier League team and we'll be thankful that Sammy Ameobi is returning to the club due to 'experience at that level.' Ultimately no one is culpable for failure and we reward the fans with mediocrity.

More replies in the match thread at RTG than here  :lol:

No surprise really, we are like an oxygen tank to other floundering sides at the moment. If they aren't looking at us and putting an extra step in their stride then they must be corpses already.

10 matches to save the season. If I knew nothing about this season already I'd say there were some winnable games in there besides the 3 or 4 we could just write straight off.

[pre]

05 MAR H Bournemouth

14 MAR A Leicester City

20 MAR H Sunderland

02 APR A Norwich City

09 APR A Southampton

16 APR H Swansea City

23 APR A Liverpool

30 APR H Crystal Palace

07 MAY A Aston Villa

15 MAY H Tottenham

[/pre]

- 1 defeat in last 7 away

- they're top and walloped us

- no comment necessary

- no wins there since 94

- usually the scene of our worst performance of the season

- never beaten them at home in the PL

- haven't won at Anfield in the league in 784 visits

- Pardzilla

- couldn't even beat this shitshow as home

- probably win

Piece of piss.

Is this true? Need to spread it.

We also play City at home which was missed off. AFCB is 8 games too. Obvs Liverpool is an embellishment.

Can understand the tactic of playing for a 0-0 in our situation. But:

The players are clearly not buying in to what he tells them. How many different formations / ways of playing have we trotted out, the players just do not play as a team. This is what happens when you chuck together a random group of individuals with no thought as to how well they compliment each other, or how they fit tactically.

I wanted McClaren to succeed because I think he's an honest guy and a decent coach. But it's become increasingly clear the players will not / cannot listen to what he wants them to do. If we want to stay up, time to let someone else have a go.

Can understand the tactic of playing for a 0-0 in our situation. But:

The players are clearly not buying in to what he tells them. How many different formations / ways of playing have we trotted out, the players just do not play as a team. This is what happens when you chuck together a random group of individuals with no thought as to how well they compliment each other, or how they fit tactically.

I wanted McClaren to succeed because I think he's an honest guy and a decent coach. But it's become increasingly clear the players will not / cannot listen to what he wants them to do. If we want to stay up, time to let someone else have a go.

Just the one? :dontknow:

Seriously, McClaren is a sucker for 4-5-1 and persists with it even though it's evidently not working. Have we even tried two up top this season for example?

Elliott. :lol:

Just watched it all the way in, then put his hands on his head like 'did I leave the oven on?'.

:lol: absolutely shite. Closing down from Jogback and Sissoko is laughable too.

Fucking hell :lol: I hope we die. Burn the club down and start again. I'm so glad I'm getting a ST at Ibrox next year and not putting up with this shit anymore - although I rapped in my season ticket years ago at SJP. I honestly hate the club, there just isn't anything there for me. We're not the NUFC I fell in love with.