sunder↓and

Greg
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The absolute worst is people posting in this thread slagging off others for talking about them. Like it or not, they're our local rivals. They're our friends, relatives, colleagues etc. A lot of us have regular dealings in real life with them so obviously they're going to be a talking point. They're always going to be a point of interest to Newcastle fans. That's the way rivalry works. If people want to talk, let them.

If you think they're irrelevant/youre not interested in them at all, then don't post in the f***ing Sunderland thread. Not hard is it. 

Its the fact that some on here talk more about Sunderland than Newcastle, and its the same people day after day - Normally going on about how obsessed they apparently are :lol:

You in this thread again  :lol:

Some folk seem really, really worried that this thread makes us look "obsessed".  Looks like they care more about what mackems think than the regular posters in the thread they're decrying.

He's obsessed with us being obsessed about them obsessing over us. :lol:

The internet is a funny old place

Can't we all just accept that we are both obsessed with our local rivals, as most football fans are, and get on with some bad-natured piss taking?

But some think its wrong :lol:

I just hope their bad fortune continues past xmas, love it if the drop, love it.

They are pinning their hopes on Clattermole, they forget they need to win games

Might be just me but a while back this thread just seemed a general thread about all things Sunderland related including some of the more outlandish stuff from RTG. Now the thread seems more like a daily update of RTG's latest obsessions with all things NUFC plus some other Sunderland stuff if anyone can be arsed.

Personally don't see the point in picking out so much shit from RTG football side as it's been will established many of them are clearly fucking mental and know nothing about football.

In true macum style it appears that a lot of them are now getting very precious about language the young journalist used on social media some time ago, particularly the "c" word.

This from people who's main forum and social media sites often descend into violent threats to each other by page 2 while peppering their prose with profanities is the norm.

That young journalist was slagging Sunderland off on social media last December. He's also called Sunderland fans scummy c*nts in the past. I struggle to see how he can report with any degree of impartiality after comments like that.

In true macum style it appears that a lot of them are now getting very precious about language the young journalist used on social media some time ago, particularly the "c" word.

This from people who's main forum and social media sites often descend into violent threats to each other by page 2 while peppering their prose with profanities is the norm.

That young journalist was slagging Sunderland off on social media last December. He's also called Sunderland fans scummy c*nts in the past. I struggle to see how he can report with any degree of impartiality after comments like that.

I don't get your point. That seems like objective , fact based reporting to me.

:lol:

:lol:

I completely understand mackems not being too happy with him, but to say that there's no way he can do his job is a bit ott. At least give him a chance and see if he can be professional.

That young journalist was slagging Sunderland off on social media last December. He's also called Sunderland fans scummy c*nts in the past.

What's your point?

Which was not the point I'm making.

My point was some of your brethren pretending to be upset by bad language per se, when what really upsets them is who the language was directed at.

Of course you'll hound him out, Sunderland is a parochial little town where lynch mob mentality is never far from the surface.

You hounded out probably the best manager you've had in recent years because he was a Geordie and you love a boycott of anything perceived to be linked to Newcastle.

BTW just to cheer you up I was talking to someone this morning who has involvement at your club and he told me that the problems behind the scenes may be a lot worse than anyone is letting on. Happy days!

Which was not the point I'm making.

My point was some of your brethren pretending to be upset by bad language per se, when what really upsets them is who the language was directed at.

Of course you'll hound him out, Sunderland is a parochial little town where lynch mob mentality is never far from the surface.

You hounded out probably the best manager you've had in recent years because he was a Geordie and you love a boycott of anything perceived to be linked to Newcastle.

BTW just to cheer you up I was talking to someone this morning who has involvement at your club and he told me that the problems behind the scenes may be a lot worse than anyone is letting on. Happy days!

OK  :lol:

Can't we all just accept that we are both obsessed with our local rivals, as most football fans are, and get on with some bad-natured piss taking?

ok, but Ive been checking everything they do all the time,just to confirm they are more obsessed than us.

Fwiw the media is full of reporters that dislike certain teams and write/report heavily one sided views, I've read some real shit about NUFC in the past as I'm sure most of us have. However I can empathise in that the reporter is from a direct rival and is reporting solely for the area he has grown up to hate. That doesn't immediately mean he can't be professional or impartial, I wouldn't be happy if it was the other way round but you've got to give the lad a chance to do the job he is qualified to do. I don't think he'll be there very long which is a shame because he's earned the right to do that job and deserves his chance, but it is a tad hypocritical to dislike a guy for calling you a cunt 6 years ago when most of you say the same about all our supporters on a daily basis.

What's your point?

He shouldn't be reporting on all things Sunderland when he clearly detests the club and it's fans?

If the roles were reversed and it was a Sunderland fan reporting on Newcastle I'd say the same.

So Louise Taylor .

Personally, I think Sunderland fans are unrealistic if they think they can find someone who doesn't detest Sunderland to report on their club, well apart from one of their fans but that would be biased.

What's your point?

He shouldn't be reporting on all things Sunderland when he clearly detests the club and it's fans?

If the roles were reversed and it was a Sunderland fan reporting on Newcastle I'd say the same.

I still don't get your point. He hates a club who harboured a paedophile as any right minded individual would, other than the sinister, twisted and perverse.