sunder↓and

Greg
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Their attendances next year will be a sight to behold, like. Surely only the most massive of #ladsfans will remain. Fully expect around the 30k mark, with a mysterious illness culling around two fifths of the STID lot. Which is quite sad, really. I mean, those crisp-packet tornadoes aren't gonna fuel themselves.

I'm not sure Moyes will have the ability to rebuild such a mess of a squad, he was at one of the worlds richest clubs and couldn't rebuild that team into a competitive team.  He needs years to get things going, I'm not sure he will have that time at Sunderland.  How long is his contract?  Player purchasing maybe reduced in having to pay him.

Ms Byrne resigned from her role at the Stadium of Light last March, admitting that she made a “serious error of judgement” in allow Adam Johnson to play for the club despite knowing he would be pleading guilty to grooming and sexual activity with a child.

Now financial accounts for the club have been published which show that Ms Byrne received £1.2m between July 2015 and March 2016, which included £850,000 for “compensation for loss of office”.

Well there's where some of Moyes' payoff has gone

Ms Byrne resigned from her role at the Stadium of Light last March, admitting that she made a “serious error of judgement” in allow Adam Johnson to play for the club despite knowing he would be pleading guilty to grooming and sexual activity with a child.

Now financial accounts for the club have been published which show that Ms Byrne received £1.2m between July 2015 and March 2016, which included £850,000 for “compensation for loss of office”.

:lol: :lol:

Hang on, they still have 4 more games to go? FOUR?! I thought the PL season ended next week!

Jesus, that is one long drawn-out death-rattle. Like one of those poor b*stards on death row who has their pardon granted at the chair with the priest present, merely delaying the inevitable and extending the pain. I actually feel a bit bad for them at this point.

I just burst out praying. 

There's some sort of karmic justice there.

http://www.sunderlandecho.com/sport/football/sunderland-afc/which-players-might-stay-to-lead-sunderland-s-championship-campaign-1-8521419

Contracts expiring: Pienaar, Anichebe, O'Shea, Lescott, Larsson, Kirchhoff

Loan deals ending: Januzaj, Denayer, Manquillo

Probable sales: Pickford, Defoe, Kone, Borini, Khazri

They're left with Mannone, Mika, B Jones, Oviedo, Love, Djilobodji, Gibson, McNair, Cattermole, Rodwell, Ndong, Watmore and Gooch :lol:

They'll need another 12 players at least!

Get in!

He's staying :lol: and the mackems are fewmin ;D.

Excellent news, and superb decision not to sack him, I firmly, 100% believe from the bottom of my heart he is the right man to lead Sunderland right back to where they rightfully belong. He will lead them to their rightful place. The championship is not where they ought to be by any means. A club like Sunderland simply does not belong in the championship let's be real. It's not a championship club, simple.

I fully believe that smeagol, will indeed, lead them to League one. And may they forever rot there.

Could be exactly what they need or a complete and utter disaster to keep him in charge, I'm lost in predicting what Moyes actually is now as a Manager, surely the great work he did at Everton couldn't all be put down to a bit of luck ?

That squad is f***ing dreadful. And with them skint too. League One could actually happen.

According to them lot its not even a debate that it is better than ours that went down !

There is a hell of a lack of quality, even if they kept everyone of their own players but it is also propogated with a bunch of injury prone players. Thank goodness for them that they'll easily get 30 million for Pickford !! They will need that plus a bunch more to be competitive.

Get in!

He's staying :lol: and the mackems are fewmin ;D.

Excellent news, and superb decision not to sack him, I firmly, 100% believe from the bottom of my heart he is the right man to lead Sunderland right back to where they rightfully belong. He will lead them to their rightful place. The championship is not where they ought to be by any means. A club like Sunderland simply does not belong in the championship let's be real. It's not a championship club, simple.

I fully believe that smeagol, will indeed, lead them to League one. And may they forever rot there.

:lol:

Such a contrast from the extreme goatling they did last year, brilliant this!

Hang on, they still have 4 more games to go? FOUR?! I thought the PL season ended next week!

Jesus, that is one long drawn-out death-rattle. Like one of those poor b*stards on death row who has their pardon granted at the chair with the priest present, merely delaying the inevitable and extending the pain. I actually feel a bit bad for them at this point.

I just burst out praying. 

A pardon means they let him off.

Imagine being forced to sell your only prize asset in order to pay off the manager. Delicious.

Imaging having to give your other prized asset away for nowt because your relegation dodging expedition has ended in the glorious disaster everyone outside of the club hoped for.

Hopefully not seeing them for a while will make the mongs in our support forget about them a bit.

I actually don't mind the going down/going up thing at the moment as it's a kick in the teeth for them, but after the weekend it's served its purpose.

This fuckin banners and planes and s*** is full on cringe. Just stop.

Why should we forget about them? They've been our rivals for 125 years! The going down, going up song has been tremendous for the past few games but other than that they don't really get sung enough that much. Rivalry is one of the things that makes football what it is and what sets it apart from other sports. I find it staggering how many people on here don"t understand that.

I'll take great delight if they struggle badly next season and get turned over by Burton Albion. If that offends you then tough sh*t.

Agree about the banner/plane fwiw.

I agree about rivalry being important in football and all that. But to me I'd rather focus on or season of achievement then theirs of plight. We can have endless amounts of laughs after this summer if we still have Rafa, he's been backed and they're struggling in the Chanpionship

Hopefully not seeing them for a while will make the mongs in our support forget about them a bit.

I actually don't mind the going down/going up thing at the moment as it's a kick in the teeth for them, but after the weekend it's served its purpose.

Why should we forget about them? They've been our rivals for 125 years! The going down, going up song has been tremendous for the past few games but other than that they don't really get sung enough that much. Rivalry is one of the things that makes football what it is and what sets it apart from other sports. I find it staggering how many people on here don"t understand that.

I'll take great delight if they struggle badly next season and get turned over by Burton Albion. If that offends you then tough sh*t.

I agree about rivalry being important in football and all that. But to me I'd rather focus on or season of achievement then theirs of plight. We can have endless amounts of laughs after this summer if we still have Rafa, he's been backed and they're struggling in the Chanpionship

No reason why we can't do both. We've had a great season and their demise has been the icing on the cake.

No reason why we can't do both. We've had a great season and their demise has been the icing on the cake.

Cake with icing made of mackem tears.  Delightful.

I reckon he'd do alright down there, hope he leaves and the replacement is even worse.

I think he'll do ok as well, the championship should suit a dour bastard like him. He'll get to work with the type of hard working, mostly British players he's comfortable with, and the refs down there will help with that. I still think he'll struggle to get out of the division though. Squads like theirs are ten a penny in that division, and there's better managers from what I've seen. When I say he'll do okay I mean compared to whichever doylem they would hire if he left. He should be able to aim for the play offs.

Cake with icing made of mackem tears.  Delightful.

....and a Boro cherry. Dare we wish for some Palace flavoured ice-cream to go with it?