sunder↓and

Greg
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Monk will have Boro up.

based on what?

he's inheriting a good championship squad that they don't have to rip apart to get rid of high earners (afaik) so they should be fairly settled, couple of astute additions to it and they'll be fighting automatic promotion imo

monk did a good job last year with what he had imo

Preseason for the Premier League is around 3rd July I think, as the "Champo" starts a week earlier then I would guess preseason starts towards the end of this month!

Only guessing though....

Villa and sheff  wed would be my favourites to go up as it currently stands. Boro and Fulham would also have a good chance if they can keep hold of their best players ("the defence" in boros case.) Reading will do nowhere as well as last season imo and Leeds are likely to self-destruct again as is customary. Rest are much of a muchness as far as I can see.

Keep seeing that, but he had the top goal scorer, Pablo Hernandez, one of the best young full-backs in the country, one of the best CBs in the league, and an experienced goalkeeper. More than enough for top 6.

If the CB you're referring to is Jansson, then Monk bought him to Leeds like and deserves the credit for that.

Wood "the top goal scorer" only scored 13 goals the season before Monk came in (which is also his previous highest scoring season, his next is 4 goals). Maybe, just maybe, Wood's number of goals last season had something to do with the coaching and tactical approach from Monk.

Leeds were a complete mess before Monk went in, of course he deserves great credit for transforming them into a promotion chasing side.

Keep seeing that, but he had the top goal scorer, Pablo Hernandez, one of the best young full-backs in the country, one of the best CBs in the league, and an experienced goalkeeper. More than enough for top 6.

If the CB you're referring to is Jansson, then Monk bought him to Leeds like and deserves the credit for that.

Wood "the top goal scorer" only scored 13 goals the season before Monk came in (which is also his previous highest scoring season, his next is 4 goals). Maybe, just maybe, Wood's number of goals last season had something to do with the coaching and tactical approach from Monk.

Leeds were a complete mess before Monk went in, of course he deserves great credit for transforming them into a promotion chasing side.

:thup:

Yeah, I was always sure they'd get over £20m but £30m is a bit silly. Then again, we got the same amount for a worse player :lol:

I wonder how much of that will be incentive-based, he's the only real money they'll get. Maybe Borini and Khazri will raise some pennies.

On one hand they lose their best player but one the other hand they are never in a position to say no to an offer like that. Hopefully Short offsets the money against some of the money he's blown on keeping them afloat and the club don't see a penny of it.

£30m after basically his first full season, in a team that finished bottom. The worlds gone mad.

Wonder how much Woodman is worth then... he's just won the (u20s) World Cup, FFS!!! Hehe

That'll be £30m off their debt to Short, then.

Potentially Everton #1 for the next 10+ years, and maybe England #1 for a good chunk of that if he fulfills the potential in the next couple of seasons

£30m for him is a good investment, man

He either gets even better and an even bigger club goes for him with even more money, or he stays at Everton as a solid Prem GK for many years

Guest ElCid

30 million for Pickford and Sissoko 20 million for Cairney dear me is that what football has now come to.