sunder↓and

Greg
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I've been to their place 3 or 4 times over the course of 2 seasons when they were in the Prem. as a work thing . It is so obvious that the fanbase there is of a much more basic , working class background than ours , the difference is so palpable in and around the two stadiums . Even taking the fact that I'm on enemy territory at their place into consideration , it just has the feel of a cold , deprived wasteland . I can't blame their fans for deserting in vast numbers to be honest .

:anguish:

Not sure why people are so worried about their attendance anyway. They're in a mess and have been for a long time. Less hope in sight than ever. Can't really blame them for not turning up.

Sunlun till I die marra!

Or maybe just until they got relegated from the PL.

Can't see where I claimed that our fanbase is totally devoid of any working class members , nor that I decried any classes . I am probably as "working class" as you could possibly get . I merely attempted to point out that there is absolutely no inspiration for their working class  fans to trudge along to watch such abysmal performances in such a run down , soulless area at which their stadium is situated . My observations were made from actually experiencing the situation . Obviously others have experienced the same and obviously I'm wrong . So sorry to have created so much vitriol .

I've been to their place 3 or 4 times over the course of 2 seasons when they were in the Prem. as a work thing . It is so obvious that the fanbase there is of a much more basic , working class background than ours , the difference is so palpable in and around the two stadiums . Even taking the fact that I'm on enemy territory at their place into consideration , it just has the feel of a cold , deprived wasteland . I can't blame their fans for deserting in vast numbers to be honest .

Eh? There's not many more traditional working class places in the UK than Newcastle so that's a strange stick you've used to beat them with. There's so many other things you could have laughed at them up for as well. It's not like they don't give us much ammunition!

Can't see where I claimed that our fanbase is totally devoid of any working class members , nor that I decried any classes . I am probably as "working class" as you could possibly get . I merely attempted to point out that there is absolutely no inspiration for their working class  fans to trudge along to watch such abysmal performances in such a run down , soulless area at which their stadium is situated . My observations were made from actually experiencing the situation . Obviously others have experienced the same and obviously I'm wrong . So sorry to have created so much vitriol .

Fair enough. Maybe your post didn't come across as you intended.

Happens to me all the time.

Harsh? Come onto a Newcastle forum and start slagging working class folk?

Just jamming your nob into a wasps nest would probably be a bit less painful.

There's been far worse said about Sunderland on here before :lol:

Is that the same working class folk who voted to overwhelmingly leave the EU,  who get called racists and uneducated by posters on here and pretty much get derided all the time?

The hypocrisy honks on here at times.  :lol: :lol:

Aye, that's cos they're dicks though. Nowt wrong with being working class.

They are nowhere near the dick level of the folk that mock them on a regular basis.

Guest Open_C

As a member of the middle class I wish you infantile scum would pack it in.

:lol:

My avatar is getting some notice at the minute like :lol:  Might have to retire him :(

No.

It's the second time in a week it's called into question the content of my posts :shifty:  But nah, I like him :)

Swap ‘working class’ for 4th world troglodytes (Ooh, get me and my middle class England speak) and I reckon your bellend would remain unstung in that particular wasps’ nest, Legionnaire ;)

Swap ‘working class’ for 4th world troglodytes (Ooh, get me and my middle class England speak) and I reckon your bellend would remain unstung in that particular wasps’ nest, Legionnaire ;)

If the point of the post was to compare the walk through our City up to St James' Park, wandering through historic streets bathed in glorious architecture to walking through an old derelict brown field industrial site in what is frankly an awful part of an even worse City then the point is accepted by me.  We also widely accept that Sunderland has some rather unusual inhabitants, much like Newcastle, obviously we are soaked in gravy while they ooze class but, I think point raised about the average fan from either side of the "fence" was quite badly made.

Tried similar kind of tag to describe them in the past and was set upon big style by the bad ass hipsters on here . Guess I'm a bad fit on "their" board .

Tried similar kind of tag to describe them in the past and was set upon big style by the bad ass hipsters on here . Guess I'm a bad fit on "their" board .

You need to tread careful on here with hipsters mind. 

Anything that conflicts with their world view and you are for it with constant internet jibes.  :lol: :lol:

They've  literally ran out of steam, all those years chasing being 1pt better then NUFC at any cost has finally caught them up and killed them. This will get a lot better before it gets worse.

:anguish:

Running that through the translator I'm going with: Sunderland as a city and people have been and continue to be massively hit by deprivation and austerity, to an extent that Newcastle probably hasn't been, therefore it's understandable that they're not still packing the ground out week in week out.

I am a little surprised this hasn't gotten a bit more coverage bar the occasional article in The Guardian. They were in the Premier League for a decade and have imploded in spectacular fashion. Darron Gibson was driving drunk hours before a game and hit his club's own supporters' cars :lol: Just seems like it's ripe for the media to talk about, but I guess they really are that unimportant.

I am a little surprised this hasn't gotten a bit more coverage bar the occasional article in The Guardian. They were in the Premier League for a decade and have imploded in spectacular fashion. Darron Gibson was driving drunk hours before a game and hit his club's own supporters' cars :lol: Just seems like it's ripe for the media to talk about, but I guess they really are that unimportant.

There are no leagues worthy of discussion outside of the PL though.