sunder↓and

Greg
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

For example Sheff Utd were averaging 21k last year with highs of 30k.

Sunderland are a bigger club with historically higher attendances, if they're putting together a fun title charge of that magnitude they will comfortably beat out that.

If they remain a disorganised mess and slump to mid-table, their attendances will be even worse than this year.

As shambolic as they are at the moment, and as toxic as the club is right now, it would take something special for them to struggle again next year in League One.

Their wage budget as a percentage of turnover permitted by FFP, even with half of it eaten up by the likes of Cattermole/Rodwell hanging around, will still leave them with 5 or 6 times the budget of clubs down there. So long as they're proactive they could hoover up all the best players in that division as the vast majority move around on free transfers.

Sunderland are a bigger club with historically higher attendances, if they're putting together a fun title charge of that magnitude they will comfortably beat out that.

If they remain a disorganised mess and slump to mid-table, their attendances will be even worse than this year.

Yep. If they’re right up the top attendances will be good (might even have to open the top tier!). Around the playoffs and they’ll probably be not too bad. Anything less than that and they’ll be woeful.

Whats this bollocks about Amanda Staveley being at their last few games :lol:

Someone took a picture of a women with blonde hair from one of their games a few weeks ago and said it was Staveley. It obviously wasn’t, but you know, that doesn’t stop idiots from gossiping.

Yep. If they’re right up the top attendances will be good (might even have to open the top tier!). Around the playoffs and they’ll probably be not too bad. Anything less than that and they’ll be woeful.

In 87 their attendances went up about 25% in the 3rd division, then fell again by about the same amount on return to the 2nd division.

Don’t think I have seen an emptier stadium. Except for occasional reserve games at SJP, which always struck me as quite a eerie experience. Must be demoralising to play there and surely leads to the players following suit and also not giving a shit.

Annoys me that people never say what time was on the clock when the stadium looked like that. Obviously the players are still out but you'd expect it to be pretty dead on 90+3 at 2-0 down and no hope.

Annoys me that people never say what time was on the clock when the stadium looked like that. Obviously the players are still out but you'd expect it to be pretty dead on 90+3 at 2-0 down and no hope.

My mate sent me this to laugh at the kid, but 2:30 - 9:30 is literally match clips for the whole game from his seat. It's dead.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XMqXxJ6wZ68

My mate sent me this to laugh at the kid, but 2:30 - 9:30 is literally match clips for the whole game from his seat. It's dead.

They may have s*** fans but Jesus attends their matches.

kMr0Alp.png

Jesus, some of the clips in there that probably aren't in highlights, they are really, really s***. My heart bleeds for them.

s6mwIkB.jpg

They may have s*** fans but Jesus attends their matches.

kMr0Alp.png

Took me a while but now can’t unsee it. Worryingly can now see Dave Lee Travis, Jesus’s right eye becomes his His left eye... now fearing I’ve been driven mental by the Makems (or their deal with the devil,  :lol:).

Edit: might be Mo Salah rather than DLT... that might make it worse.

Bullshit, its barely 18 months since they were going to storm mid table with Big Sam after they relegated the mags. They gave up on their club the moment it got tougher than usual.

They still wont show any real displeasure to short either. Some still defend him. The sheer Apathy of it all is astounding.