sunder↓and

Greg
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

We might sign some duds and will need to spend if promoted but I bet we are a better team than we have been in a long time when we go up.

We actually have a competitive squad that play as a team with a British core. Yes quite a few will be poor if promoted but we needed to rebuild and have. We will have 4 wingers, good depth in defense and different options up front.

Its the building of a team, the first time in ages, and what we need.

Anyways what the fuck is defoe thinking, staying there- can only be due to his contract/ age making him almost unbuyable- unless he can find a club that buys aged stars with no prospect of a return later on....  :hmm:

http://www.readytogo.net/smb/threads/callum-mcmanaman.1269981/

The irony of a Mackem asking how many s*** players another team needs :rolleyes:

Just read some of that topic. How can you even talk to people like that with the drivel they spout? They keep going on about where has the money come from totally ignoring players we've sold and how our wage bill will be "through the roof" despite getting shot of 10+ of our highest earners. They just totally ignore the facts when it comes to us and make up their own stories. ;D

The irony of a Mackem asking how many s*** players another team needs :rolleyes:

Just read some of that topic. How can you even talk to people like that with the drivel they spout? They keep going on about where has the money come from totally ignoring players we've sold and how our wage bill will be "through the roof" despite getting shot of 10+ of our highest earners. They just totally ignore the facts when it comes to us and make up their own stories. ;D

and when it turns out not to be true- they make something else up and start over-  their life story tbh.

Wish I hadn't clicked that link. Never seen so many ridiculous posts in close proximity.

How can our wage bill be an issue when we've shipped out the majority of our highest earners like Colo, Wijnaldum, Townsend, probably Sissoko and a whole host of other big contracts like Krul, Thauvin and SDJ?

Do they not understand the concept of a squad and a need for rotation? Even from an objective point of view the only obviously shit player we've signed is Murphy and as a backup in the Championship where he's scored goals isn't exactly a disaster for the nominal fee that was paid.

Mate, barely any of our fans understand the concept of a squad.

That thread is mind numbing, the amount of sheer lack of understanding of basic principles and just blind hatred on the lines of  "common sense goes out of the window, need to make a point that the mags suck and invite all my educated mates to wade in with the same utter bile".

FFS, there is rivalry and all, but you need to sometimes take those blinkers off and look at things objectively, we've reduced our scored, pulled in more than we sold. No evidence exists but it's a pretty good guess to assume the wage bill has been pruned. We've got a squad of players more than capable of bringing us up, all who want to be here and we still have plenty of potential, there's been some short term buys, like Gamez, Murphy and Diame but on the whole the players we've bought are still at a good age. Once we add the LW to the squad maybe even one or two more, we'll have had a darn good transfer window, but they just can't take those red and white blinkers off for one minute.

The funny thing is they slate our approach yet they have had a terrible window so far, so bad even their own manager admits they are likely in a relegation fight, in August !!

In fairness the mackem one is actually fairly well done. That reply misses the importance of subtlety by quite a margin.

Doubt  'Andybiotics' was auditioning for the secret service disinformation team. That's not what they're called btw; nobody knows what they're really called, they're that good.

That thread is mind numbing, the amount of sheer lack of understanding of basic principles and just blind hatred on the lines of  "common sense goes out of the window, need to make a point that the mags suck and invite all my educated mates to wade in with the same utter bile".

FFS, there is rivalry and all, but you need to sometimes take those blinkers off and look at things objectively, we've reduced our scored, pulled in more than we sold. No evidence exists but it's a pretty good guess to assume the wage bill has been pruned. We've got a squad of players more than capable of bringing us up, all who want to be here and we still have plenty of potential, there's been some short term buys, like Gamez, Murphy and Diame but on the whole the players we've bought are still at a good age. Once we add the LW to the squad maybe even one or two more, we'll have had a darn good transfer window, but they just can't take those red and white blinkers off for one minute.

The funny thing is they slate our approach yet they have had a terrible window so far, so bad even their own manager admits they are likely in a relegation fight, in August !!

its a propaganda site for hating us, its inbred, its all they think of, we are all they have.  :lol:

Wish I hadn't clicked that link. Never seen so many ridiculous posts in close proximity.

How can our wage bill be an issue when we've shipped out the majority of our highest earners like Colo, Wijnaldum, Townsend, probably Sissoko and a whole host of other big contracts like Krul, Thauvin and SDJ?

Do they not understand the concept of a squad and a need for rotation? Even from an objective point of view the only obviously s*** player we've signed is Murphy and as a backup in the Championship where he's scored goals isn't exactly a disaster for the nominal fee that was paid.

Mate, barely any of our fans understand the concept of a squad.

Harsh, many just think we can attract better than Murphy and the WBA winger to build that squad. I don't mind building a squad good enough to get us out of this division and I know we had a bloody good season with a defence featuring Griffin, Bramble, Andy O'brien but I'm looking at this squad and think it will be good enough to go up. I also think it'll need a similar overhaul next season (should we go up).

They are blinded by bitterness. They think Rafa is a shit manager and we will be saddled with Championship players when promoted. We needed rebuilding and to build solid foundations. Our back 4 are all under 25 (with Yedlin). Hayden and Shelvey are premier league quality, Ritchie was decent at that level and jury out on the rest but what we will have for first time in a long time is energy, a tactical system and style and cover for all positions without resorting to square pegs.

They are blinded by bitterness. They think Rafa is a s*** manager and we will be saddled with Championship players when promoted. We needed rebuilding and to build solid foundations. Our back 4 are all under 25 (with Yedlin). Hayden and Shelvey are premier league quality, Ritchie was decent at that level and jury out on the rest but what we will have for first time in a long time is energy, a tactical system and style and cover for all positions without resorting to square pegs.

If square pegs means playing Perez on the left as opposed to the WBA winger then I'm all for it.

They are blinded by bitterness. They think Rafa is a s*** manager and we will be saddled with Championship players when promoted. We needed rebuilding and to build solid foundations. Our back 4 are all under 25 (with Yedlin). Hayden and Shelvey are premier league quality, Ritchie was decent at that level and jury out on the rest but what we will have for first time in a long time is energy, a tactical system and style and cover for all positions without resorting to square pegs.

If square pegs means playing Perez on the left as opposed to the WBA winger then I'm all for it.

Good to have some direct wingers though even if limited. The main objective at the moment is getting out of this league and building foundations.

He wouldn't be my choice of winger but him and Atsu at least offer something different

Good to have some direct wingers though even if limited. The main objective at the moment is getting out of this league and building foundations.

He wouldn't be my choice of winger but him and Atsu at least offer something different

I can see about building a squad to get out of this division, I don't see how Murphy and the WBA winger are about laying foundations. If anything it's the opposite.