sunder↓and

Greg
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I know they both to. They both average around 28,000 which is good for a football league club. The same level Everton would have were they to have a spell even in the bottom 8 or so in the premiership.

They finished in the bottom half 7 seasons out of 8 from 96 to 04 and their average attendance was always in the mid to high 30000s

I know they both to. They both average around 28,000 which is good for a football league club. The same level Everton would have were they to have a spell even in the bottom 8 or so in the premiership.

They finished in the bottom half 7 seasons out of 8 from 96 to 04 and their average attendance was always in the mid to high 30000s

That's gone into the car park.

Go back a couple of seasons before that and Goodison wasn't even half full most of the time. I remember our 1st season in the Premier League back in 1993 (Mike Hooper nearly scored for us) and we played them just before Xmas. They gave us the full stand behind the goal (6,000 seats) and the crowd was still only 25,000 which was one of their biggest crowds of the season.

was only messing, it does appear here more than anywhere. no surprise given the Mackems obsession with our attendances.

Having been totally obsessed with attendances for decades and came up with the most bizarre reasons why we always get better crowds (North Sea, mortality etc, etc) they've finally decided, with the way it's gone this season, that they're not really interested in attendances and it's not important anyway  :lol:

Our attendances and support is the single best thing about this club. If people want to mention them and be proud of that so be it.

Legacy is the best thing imo.

http://40.media.tumblr.com/8271b3414bb0ac7d1fd2dc4a248c59a2/tumblr_miiyihztGV1s6tbnjo1_1280.jpg

People whinge about people talking attendances in here then accept things like the Pardew thread [emoji38]

This forum has it's own trendy topics that only a small minority of our fan base probably actually give a shit about.

Fnd it strange me like.

People whinge about people talking attendances in here then accept things like the Pardew thread [emoji38]

This forum has it's own trendy topics that only a small minority of our fan base probably actually give a shit about.

Fnd it strange me like.

I find getting upset at some random blokes posts on  a forum weird, odd and startling tbh, this Sunderland thread is almost a no go thread for me now as you arent allowed to poke fun, discuss RTG, mention crowds. Sad sacks.

This forum has it's own trendy topics that only a small minority of our fan base probably actually give a s*** about.

Fnd it strange me like.

The Alan Pardew thread on here must be the most embarrassing thing on the Internet. It's probably on about its 4th incarnation now after constantly hitting 1,000 pages. Sad thing is it generates far more interest than the Rafa Benitez thread, our current manager, whereas Pardew has been gone for 2 years and is currently making a pigs ear out of it at another club, which certainly isn't our problem.

This forum has it's own trendy topics that only a small minority of our fan base probably actually give a s*** about.

Fnd it strange me like.

The Alan Pardew thread on here must be the most embarrassing thing on the Internet. It's probably on about its 4th incarnation now after constantly hitting 1,000 pages. Sad thing is it generates far more interest than the Rafa Benitez thread, our current manager, whereas Pardew has been gone for 2 years and is currently making a pigs ear out of it at another club, which certainly isn't our problem.

Spot on. An obsession over a manager who left here 2 years ago is normal but to talk about attendances or the mackems isn't.

How is trying to work out the attendances of Everton if they got relegated normal?

What isn't normal is the most popular topic on the forum being about an ex manager who departed 2 years ago, when we have a World class manager in Rafa Benitez at the helm to discuss/lavish praise on.

Fnd it strange me like.

I dont really give a shit what Pardew does but I sure as hell understand why people have this so called "obsession" for him. He ruined the love of football for many people, he consistently chastised the fans, spouted shit, and made people want the club to lose, to want to see that twat fail is normal.

As for the "most embarrassing thing on the internet" tag, have you seen Reddit? :lol:

At the end of the day talking about our local Rivals (Just not RTG links every other post) and an ex manager is completely fine. The only thing that annoys me personally is that people seem to like to use attendance figures as a justification for slating an entire fan base, and acting like Newcastle fans are superior, when most definitely are not.

Fnd it strange me like.

I dont really give a s*** what Pardew does but I sure as hell understand why people have this so called "obsession" for him. He ruined the love of football for many people, he consistently chastised the fans, spouted s***, and made people want the club to lose, to want to see that t*** fail is normal.

As for the "most embarrassing thing on the internet" tag, have you seen Reddit? :lol:

At the end of the day talking about our local Rivals (Just not RTG links every other post) and an ex manager is completely fine. The only thing that annoys me personally is that people seem to like to use attendance figures as a justification for slating an entire fan base, and acting like Newcastle fans are superior, when most definitely are not.

We should start up a Graeme Souness thread whilst we're at it then. He did far more damage than Pardew did, especially considering his starting position of having a Champions League quality squad to work with. Pardew has gone, he's been gone for 2 years. His name being constantly at the top of this messageboard is an embarrassment.

We certainly are superior like when we are getting 52,000 in the championship when the majority of clubs wouldn't get within 20,000 of that. What's wrong with being proud that we have the best support in the country.

I don't get all this what's attendances got to do with it argument? I'm sure every debate about clubs I have ever seen used attendances as a measure.

Why are Sheffield Wednesday considered a bigger club than say Wigan then? Why are we considered a big club despite winning nothing in decades? Size of our support that's why.

Fnd it strange me like.

I dont really give a s*** what Pardew does but I sure as hell understand why people have this so called "obsession" for him. He ruined the love of football for many people, he consistently chastised the fans, spouted s***, and made people want the club to lose, to want to see that t*** fail is normal.

We should start up a Graeme Souness thread whilst we're at it then. He did far more damage than Pardew did, especially considering his starting position of having a Champions League quality squad to work with. Pardew has gone, he's been gone for 2 years. His name being constantly at the top of this messageboard is an embarrassment.

Are you just being ignorant for shits and giggles? :lol:

So you seriously don't see why people would want to talk about a manager that almost destroyed there love for football? And actively made them want the club to lose?

We certainly are superior like when we are getting 52,000 in the championship when the majority of clubs wouldn't get within 20,000 of that. What's wrong with being proud that we have the best support in the country.

I don't get all this what's attendances got to do with it argument? I'm sure every debate about clubs I have ever seen used attendances as a measure.

Why are Sheffield Wednesday considered a bigger club than say Wigan then? Why are we considered a big club despite winning nothing in decades? Size of our support that's why.

Exactly. We haven't won a domestic trophy for over 60 years. We haven't won a league title in almost 90 years, yet here we are playing in the 2nd tier of English football and constantly selling out a 52,000 stadium every week. Based on those facts I've mentioned, I'm fairly sure there's not a club in World football that could manage that.

Exactly. We haven't won a domestic trophy for over 60 years. We haven't won a league title in almost 90 years, yet here we are playing in the 2nd tier of English football and constantly selling out a 52,000 stadium every week. Based on those facts I've mentioned, I'm fairly sure there's not a club in World football that could manage that.

If we didnt have the bounce of Rafa, do you guys think we will be selling out in the Championship?

If another club akin to Everton were to have the exact same bounce, you honestly think that they wouldnt have a similar uptake?

The thing that pisses me off the most in this conversation, is that you guys are acting like its fact, when it most certainly is not.

Fnd it strange me like.

Are you just being ignorant for s***s and giggles? :lol:

So you seriously don't see why people would want to talk about a manager that almost destroyed there love for football? And actively made them want the club to lose?

Get a grip man you big daft tart  :lol: The majority of people on here don't even go to the matches anyway so the worst he did was make them turn their streams off in the huff. Destroyed their love for football ffs man  :lol: You couldn't have been watching NUFC all that long if Alan Pardew did all that to you. I didn't like the bloke, I'll admit it, but he's been gone for 2 years now and we now have one of the worlds great mangers running our club which is why Pardew isn't even worthy of a mention anymore.