sunder↓and

Greg
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Its turned in to a thread off.

Pardew haters Vs Mackem haters

we need a referendum

Except it's perfectly possible and indeed acceptable to be both. Whereas any other topical referendum in this country in the last 6 months the Mackems did  and  Pardew almost certainly  voted for the uneducated, bigoted and racist choice. [emoji6]

Guest Howaythetoon

We should start up a Graeme Souness thread whilst we're at it then. He did far more damage than Pardew did

Did he fuck, an absolutely unbelievable statement that. Souness was just a rank bad manager. Pardew is the devil incarnate. A man who patronised fans, belittled our region and the intelligence of Geordies. A man who regarded clubs like Swansea and Southampton as clubs poor little old Newcastle could never compete with. A man who was a cunt of a person to his own staff, another manager, someone who head butted an opposition player and pushed a referee. Souness was very bad, but only at getting results. Pardew was on a whole other level.

At least Souness actually had ambition and didn't regard the cups or Europe as damaging to the club. Souness never once

belittled fans or said bad things about the region.

We should start up a Graeme Souness thread whilst we're at it then. He did far more damage than Pardew did

Did he f***, an absolutely unbelievable statement that. Souness was just a rank bad manager. Pardew is the devil incarnate. A man who patronised fans, belittled our region and the intelligence of Geordies. A man who regarded clubs like Swansea and Southampton as clubs poor little old Newcastle could never compete with. A man who was a c*** of a person to his own staff, another manager, someone who head butted an opposition player and pushed a referee. Souness was very bad, but only at getting results. Pardew was on a whole other level.

At least Souness actually had ambition and didn't regard the cups or Europe as damaging to the club. Souness never once

He did on Irish radio mind.

Also said at the time of getting the job it was the biggest job he was ever given then in that Irish radio interview said the club was small time with only a real support of a about 10k fans, the rest are customers.

Did he f***, an absolutely unbelievable statement that. Souness was just a rank bad manager. Pardew is the devil incarnate. A man who patronised fans, belittled our region and the intelligence of Geordies. A man who regarded clubs like Swansea and Southampton as clubs poor little old Newcastle could never compete with. A man who was a c*** of a person to his own staff, another manager, someone who head butted an opposition player and pushed a referee. Souness was very bad, but only at getting results. Pardew was on a whole other level.

He did on Irish radio mind.

Also said at the time of getting the job it was the biggest job he was ever given then in that Irish radio interview said the club was small time with only a real support of a about 10k fans, the rest are customers.

Ssshhh. That doesn't fit the agenda on here man.

Sticking up for Pardew to score points in an argument. Howay man lads.

I'm not sticking up for him. I've already said I didn't like the bloke. I also think Souness, given the squad he had when he took over, did a worse job as manager than Pardew did.

Guest neesy111

Sticking up for Pardew to score points in an argument. Howay man lads.

I'm not sticking up for him. I've already said I didn't like the bloke. I also think Souness, given the squad he had when he took over, did a worse job as manager than Pardew did.

That is absolutely correct.

The issues with Pardew go beyond his capabilities as a manager though. I cannot remember giving less of a shit about NUFC than when managed by him, the whole period after finishing 5th was just a total disaster on every possible turn. Obviously that's Ashley, but he was fully on board with it. In terms of getting results there isn't much between them. Both were absolutely shite and had their sides performing far below what they should have been.

Souness is a cunt anyway, fuck him.

It'll be interesting to see who would be interested in buying them. They've always made losses for as long as I remember and their fans only turn up if you let them in for nowt or next to nowt so other than TV money they don't really generate any other cash through their own merits so they need to be bankrolled just to tick along, which to be fair, is what Short has done by covering their massive losses year after year.

No doubt some Saudi Billionaire who doesn't care about any of that that will come in and buy them now.

Guest firetotheworks

The issues with Pardew go beyond his capabilities as a manager though. I cannot remember giving less of a shit about NUFC than when managed by him, the whole period after finishing 5th was just a total disaster on every possible turn. Obviously that's Ashley, but he was fully on board with it. In terms of getting results there isn't much between them. Both were absolutely shite and had their sides performing far below what they should have been.

Souness is a cunt anyway, fuck him.

They're not even comparable. Even at a shallow level, and before what they're like as people, one was shit and sacked, the other was shit and told to carry on for another 8 years.

They've got a poor squad but a big wage bill, have a small turnover in comparison to other teams in their league, are drowning in a mountain of growing debt and are bottom of the league and hurtling towards relegation. To top it off they play in one of the most deprived areas of the country. Any investor would need to have a screw loose to take them on if their end game was to make some money.

Wallsendmag is so fucking bipolar. :lol:

Well that's me finished with it all now. Season ticket holder for over 20 years up until 2009 when I couldn't afford to renew due to moving house and since then i've just bought tickets for (nearly every) home games match by match. If i'm not welcome at away games I won't be bothering to line his pockets by attending the home ones either and will copy of the Mackems and watch them in the pub.

I remember the old saying, managers, players and directors come and go but the fans are there for life.

Not with a lot of the modern day, cowardly type supporters that claim to support NUFC these days it would seem.

I can't stand Pardew but I love NUFC more than I dislike him so he certainly won't be stopping me from watching my team next season should he still be here.

Should push Pardew closer to the sack. 2nd derby in a row we haven't been up for it. Unfortunately he'll be here for the long term or if he was sacked an equally hopeless replacement would be brought in.

So glad I didn't renew my season ticket. This club's going nowhere.

I've packed in my season ticket that I'd had over 20 years and pay match by match now. Ill never buy another season ticket as long as Ashley's here because if we're doing well he'll cash in on it in January and leave the last 8 or 9 games as pointless kickabouts like last season.

To me when I think back over the last 8 years all I get is Sports Direct, relegation, derby day defeats, Pardew's smug face, Kinnear in the dugout, Ben Arfa being drove out, Carver and then Jonas being told to f*** off despite saving the club from relegation again. Utter grim. Nothing nice or memorable at all. What a waste of 8 f***ing years. When the the history books refer to this chapter all it needs is a Sports Direct sign. There has been no football or football club. Its a shell of a club and the fans are not Newcastle United supporters any more, they are Premier League customers now there to watch a game of Premier League football. Cheers Mike!

A very good summary  :clap:

Glad I wrapped in my season ticket so I'm not part of it anymore.

I voted no but the more I think about it I'm starting to be swayed more to hoping we go down. I haven't renewed my season ticket so regardless of the league we're in I won't be watching anyway so it's really a choice of another season of trying to finish 17th in the PL and Ashley raking in more £millions or the Championship where I haven't got a clue how we'd get on but I do know Ashley wouldn't be making any money out of the club.

I think I'd also take a degree of satisfaction watching the mugs that point blank refuse to stop going sitting through Rotherham at home on a Wednesday night in January.

I would happily take a defeat if it meant that would be the last we'd see of Pardew in our dugout. I hate the bloke the same way as I hate Souness and Allardyce. Win, lose or draw on Sunday, it matters not one bit. We'll either be 8th or 9th afterwards which is where we'll be in May after 38 games

Jacked his season ticket in, then went back, then jacked it in again because of Pardew (never going back remember) then comes out swinging at a) empty seats at other grounds and b) Newcastle fans who chucked their season ticket in because of Pardew. For someone who's obsessed with other clubs' attendances, it's amazing how many times he's said he's not going back to Newcastle.

How many times have I got to say I hated Pardew! However he's old news and we've got one of the world's greatest managers in charge now, so 2 years since he left I find the obsession with him a bit weird.

You must have a lot of time on your hands raking through so many old threads mind  :lol:

Living the dream eh  O0

Wow! 5 years back to prove a point. Are you 10, Wullie?

He's just accused me of "turning my stream off in a huff" when it was actually a case of giving up a season ticket of many years and dozens of points.

He's flounced away from NUFC more than anyone on this forum and yet points fingers back at anyone not currently going to the match faster than anyone else. It's fucking weird.