sunder↓and

Greg
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Looking at their startin line-up today it is absolutely shocking how bad they are. Compare it with Sheffield Uniteds line-up on saturday. How....?

They have a team half full of shit and half full of players well past their sell by date.

The general hatred of Maclean is a bit daft given that those who gave their lives did so to fight fascism and allow freedom of speech.  He grew up in a fiercely republican area where the wearing of a poppy would likely get you, at the very least, beaten up so are we seriously expecting him to wear one?  He still has family and friends back home and I’m sure their lives would be uncomfortable if he did. 

Guest neesy111

I don't have a problem with his refusal to wear it, some people just want to angry about it for the sake of it.  I haven't bought one this year as I feel the whole thing has been hijacked in the recent years, I'll still donate some money to the Royal Legion.

The general hatred of Maclean is a bit daft given that those who gave their lives did so to fight fascism and allow freedom of speech.  He grew up in a fiercely republican area where the wearing of a poppy would likely get you, at the very least, beaten up so are we seriously expecting him to wear one?  He still has family and friends back home and I’m sure their lives would be uncomfortable if he did.

Personally, I have no problems with him doing this as like you say, he's from a staunchly Republican family and area. For such a man of principles though, he seems to have no problems paying (quite a lot of) tax to HMRC, knowing fine well that a lot of it is going directly to the British Army......that's where I find him to be an absolute hypocrite.

He's stated numerous times that he would wear it if it was just about the World Wars. He refuses to wear it because he refuses to honour those that commited the Derry massacre.

Quite happy to fund the British Army through his UK taxes though.

Personally, I have no problems with him doing this as like you say, he's from a staunchly Republican family and area. For such a man of principles though, he seems to have no problems paying (quite a lot of) tax to HMRC, knowing fine well that a lot of it is going directly to the British Army......that's where I find him to be an absolute hypocrite.

What's he supposed to do? Quit football to make a tax statement? 

Guest neesy111

He's stated numerous times that he would wear it if it was just about the World Wars. He refuses to wear it because he refuses to honour those that commited the Derry massacre.

Quite happy to fund the British Army through his UK taxes though.

Like he has a choice where his taxes go....

Doesn't the same go for every Republican working in the UK ?

UncleBingo would you prefer him to be a tax dodger and not pay his taxes?

No, but if he has such a problem with the UK and it's history, go and play somewhere else.

I for one, wouldn't work in a country I had problems with.....I turned down a job in Saudi for the very reason.

No, but if he has such a problem with the UK and it's history, go and play somewhere else.

I for one, wouldn't work in a country I had problems with.....I turned down a job in Saudi for the very reason.

That would mean he'd not even be able to go home because we still hold it.  :lol:

Guest neesy111

I don't like our government, our history (to do with the British Empire) and I hate the Royal Family.  Guessing i should fuck off.

Is the poppy a legal requirement of living in England? He has a problem with the Army, not the country

Not at all, but it's not just the poppy with him though is it?