Rafael Benitez

Jesse Pinkman

Really intrigued to know what others think,  be honest. Do you think Rafa might stay if we go down?

Personally I've got a feeling he might. Depending, of course, on what assurances he receives moving forward.

He'd be mad to stay whatever "assurances" we give him. Besides Championship football, a glance at how the club has been run under Ashley for nearly a decade will be enough to put him off. Only obscene money would persuade him otherwise, and Ashley won't pay it. He came because we presumably offered very generous terms short-term and a get-out clause if the shit hit the fan, which it has.

He'll undoubtedly have far better offers in the summer but I hope he gives us a year. Just a single year to bounce straight back up, leaner, meaner and with a bit of nous to push on. Pay him whatever he asks for.

Really intrigued to know what others think,  be honest. Do you think Rafa might stay if we go down?

Personally I've got a feeling he might. Depending, of course, on what assurances he receives moving forward.

I hope he does stay because it wouldn't take much to bring us back up as long as we get rid of the s**** from the squad and bring in proper players who give a s***.

I prey he does as the club needs rebuilding from the bottom up and he's the perfect man for the job.  Honestly if he came out and committed I wouldn't even care if we went down.

I think there's a chance he'll stay, we're just all in a catastrophic mood tonight. It's not like he suddenly hates this place or a job has opened up.

I don't. I think if he was going to he would have announced it by now.  Managing Real Madrid a few months ago then to the championship. He'll run a mile.

Need him to commit sooner rather than later if he does.  If he waits until after the Euro's for Spain or whatever that'll just leave us in a shitty situation.

That said he could leave now and I'd have no faith in the useless cunts in charge to get a new manager in before a week before the start of next season anyway

I don't. I think if he was going to he would have announced it by now.  Managing Real Madrid a few months ago then to the championship. He'll run a mile.

He doesn't have to say anything until we're relegated.

I think there's a chance he'll stay, we're just all in a catastrophic mood tonight. It's not like he suddenly hates this place or a job has opened up.

He wouldn't have. He's (rightly) only discussed staying up.

Guest Open_C

Exactly, no manager with any motivational talent would have said anything about what might happen post relegation

The reason I think he could stay is his personality, the bond he formed with Liverpool fans which has lasted, and continues to last. A working class club with notoriously passionate fans who appreciated every little thing he did.

Contrast that with Madrid and their fans and, to an extent, Napoli too.

His family are in the north of England, we're a huge club that fits the projects he seems to thrive on. I'm not saying I think he will stay, I just don't think it's as cut and dried that he'll leave as some people are making out.

Shouldn't be allowed to avoid the flack for that utter s*** today. Tactically inept as his predecessor today.

Let down at the last.

I'm not sure the tactics were too wrong, the players were shite and couldn't find the net.

Guest neesy111

Shouldn't be allowed to avoid the flack for that utter shit today. Tactically inept as his predecessor today.

Let down at the last.

Your such a moaning bastard.  Never happy.

I'd hope with the integrity the bloke has, that he sees a future for us and how to deliver it. It boils down to how much the fatman gives him to spend and how much say he gives him on transfers. The cards are stacked against us though.

Shouldn't be allowed to avoid the flack for that utter shit today. Tactically inept as his predecessor today.

Let down at the last.

Your sucking a moaning bastard.  Never happy.

:lol:

I hope he does stay because it wouldn't take much to bring us back up as long as we get rid of the shite from the squad and bring in proper players who give a shit.

What the fuck???  ???

Guest neesy111

Fucking autocorrect. :lol: :lol:

Was that what happened with prontonise gate?

No, that was me being pissed and absolutely pissed off.