Rafael Benitez

Jesse Pinkman

How did talks on Thursday with Lee Charnley go?

"Fine. We have a good relationship and he's professional and I am professional.... and we were analysing things that were wrong and things that we could do in a different way....so quite positive.

Have you come to a decision about your future?

"No, not really. What we said in this meeting is we will have more meetings. So, again it was very positive in terms of the things that we were discussing.

"I can say to the fans that we will continue so obviously if I decide to come here it’s because I knew that was a massive club with massive support from the fans.

"That was my impression when I came and I'm really flattered with the fans because it has been amazing.

"I know they can be even more positive in the future but at the moment we have to be sure that we  prepare the game for tomorrow properly and after we will try to do the best for everyone: for me, for the club, for the fans, for everyone here.

Is this a big decision for you?

"Obviously. I am professional and I have been in this business for a while no? I am the kind of manager that has achieved what I have achieved working very hard. I was not a famous star as a player so I needed to work very hard.

"I have experienced two promotions with different clubs in Spain and I have experienced being relegated too....so I can understand that there are some people who say 'no he cannot stay', some people say 'he will do it'.

"That is a situation where we have to be calm, we have to be sure. What I want is the same as the fans want. We want a successful team, we want a strong team to be promoted to the Premier League again as soon as possible and that is the situation now.

"We have to talk, we will have more meetings and then we will see what happens. But if I am here and I am discussing these things, because obviously in my head it's a chance, it's a good chance and we have to keep talking.

What sort of assurances would you be looking for?

"I say before, it's like the fans - a strong team capable of being promoted quickly and to compete at the maximum level.

"It's not a question of money, it's a question of if we have a structure that can allow the club in the next year and in the future years to be strong and competing in the Premier League hopefully.

"I am happy to discuss all these things.....at the moment I am really pleased with the first conversation. I am really pleased with the people here - so the staff, players, directors - everyone here since I came has been fantastic.

"I cannot say other things, than I want to be sure that if everything is fine. It has to be fine for me, but also for the club, for the fans, for everyone.

When do you expect to come to a decision:

"It's difficult to say, it depends on the conversation but I think that a couple of weeks could be a decent time.

"In the meantime obviously we have a responsibility and we have been even working preparing the pre season and leaving everything ready for the next year.

"So we cannot say yes and then not have time to move things in a professional way. So we are working as professionals and we are talking and I think that a couple of weeks maximum and we will have an idea."

:fwap: :fwap: :fwap:

“Whether it’s in the Championship or the Premier League a coach’s job doesn’t change too much. Winning trophies around the world and being in the Champions League is what you’re looking for, but I’ve already done these things. I decided to come here because I knew it could be a big challenge and could also be really important for my future.”

That's one hell of a positive quote there.

http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i19/nemtizz/HS2pv2e_zpsx19fgfes.gif

For the last month or so, ICNewcastle has been uploading videos of each pre-match press conference within an hour or two of them happening. For some reason this one hasn't been uploaded.

.com's write up is much more complete about what he said. I'm positive about it, like.

How did talks on Thursday with Lee Charnley go?

"Fine. We have a good relationship and he's professional and I am professional.... and we were analysing things that were wrong and things that we could do in a different way....so quite positive.

Have you come to a decision about your future?

"No, not really. What we said in this meeting is we will have more meetings. So, again it was very positive in terms of the things that we were discussing.

"I can say to the fans that we will continue so obviously if I decide to come here it’s because I knew that was a massive club with massive support from the fans.

"That was my impression when I came and I'm really flattered with the fans because it has been amazing.

"I know they can be even more positive in the future but at the moment we have to be sure that we  prepare the game for tomorrow properly and after we will try to do the best for everyone: for me, for the club, for the fans, for everyone here.

Is this a big decision for you?

"Obviously. I am professional and I have been in this business for a while no? I am the kind of manager that has achieved what I have achieved working very hard. I was not a famous star as a player so I needed to work very hard.

"I have experienced two promotions with different clubs in Spain and I have experienced being relegated too....so I can understand that there are some people who say 'no he cannot stay', some people say 'he will do it'.

"That is a situation where we have to be calm, we have to be sure. What I want is the same as the fans want. We want a successful team, we want a strong team to be promoted to the Premier League again as soon as possible and that is the situation now.

"We have to talk, we will have more meetings and then we will see what happens. But if I am here and I am discussing these things, because obviously in my head it's a chance, it's a good chance and we have to keep talking.

What sort of assurances would you be looking for?

"I say before, it's like the fans - a strong team capable of being promoted quickly and to compete at the maximum level.

"It's not a question of money, it's a question of if we have a structure that can allow the club in the next year and in the future years to be strong and competing in the Premier League hopefully.

"I am happy to discuss all these things.....at the moment I am really pleased with the first conversation. I am really pleased with the people here - so the staff, players, directors - everyone here since I came has been fantastic.

"I cannot say other things, than I want to be sure that if everything is fine. It has to be fine for me, but also for the club, for the fans, for everyone.

When do you expect to come to a decision:

"It's difficult to say, it depends on the conversation but I think that a couple of weeks could be a decent time.

"In the meantime obviously we have a responsibility and we have been even working preparing the pre season and leaving everything ready for the next year.

"So we cannot say yes and then not have time to move things in a professional way. So we are working as professionals and we are talking and I think that a couple of weeks maximum and we will have an idea."

That reads like a man who has visions of the future with this club. Given the right backing he'll stay IMO, but obviously there will be other clubs in for him as well. I just think we are the best fit for him despite relegation.

“Whether it’s in the Championship or the Premier League a coach’s job doesn’t change too much. Winning trophies around the world and being in the Champions League is what you’re looking for, but I’ve already done these things. I decided to come here because I knew it could be a big challenge and could also be really important for my future.”

That's one hell of a positive quote there.

:lol:

Phahaha.

Been checking this section all day just in the hope that this thread's title DIDN'T change.

The written press interviews are even more promising than the TV press conference!!!

His "1 year in the Championship, 5 years in the Premier League" comment tells me he has a clear plan in mind!

It's the hope that kills...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

“The fans have done so much. Flattered is the word. They have been fantastic. Even today, the staff were showing me a video of the Newcastle fans singing my name. It was like in Liverpool when we won the Champions League. You cannot expect more from them".

“The fans have done so much. Flattered is the word. They have been fantastic. Even today, the staff were showing me a video of the Newcastle fans singing my name. It was like in Liverpool when we won the Champions League. You cannot expect more from them".

Where is that quote from ?

Where is that quote from ?

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/newcastles-rafa-benitez-set-face-7970313

Lots in there.

As I've said before, I hope the fans in the ground forget everything else, any shit the players come across with, any shit score and just concentrate on showing Rafa how much he is already valued and potentially loved. Any help to him staying has got to be worth it.

He's actually comparing his reception here to when Liverpool won the CL, I think he has an idea what it would be like to win something here and it will eclipse anything he's seen so far.

How the fans react isn't important, its how Charnley and Ashley react to what Benitez wants to happen over the next 2 weeks or so. They give him what he wants then we'll be fine, they fail to deliver and he's gone.

How the fans react isn't important, its how Charnley and Ashley react to what Benitez wants to happen over the next 2 weeks or so. They give him what he wants then we'll be fine, they fail to deliver and he's gone.

How the fans react goes both ways, it also sends a message to Charnley and Ashley.

How the fans react goes both ways, it also sends a message to Charnley and Ashley.

A message they will almost certainly not give a sh*t about.

A good point, maybe the chant of the day should be "Don't fuck the negotiations up Fat Mike"

If he's asked for certain things to happen and they do it'll be fine. I think he knows he's popular and has won the fanbase over already but the changes need to happen to the club asap. If they drag their feet he'll be off.

If he's asked for certain things to happen and they do it'll be fine. I think he knows he's popular and has won the fanbase over already but the changes need to happen to the club asap. If they drag their feet he'll be off.

Agreed, it doesn't look as if they're trying to drag their feet and I think they will understand they have 2 weeks.

Almost can't believe I think this but......

No negativity tomorrow. It's happened, it's been in the post for several years, we saw it coming with pardew, carver and mcsmiley. The writing was on the wall. Ashley knows what we think of him, he doesn't give a ha'penny jizz. Charnley, Carr and all the others...they know what they are, utter frauds, us chanting it won't make a lick of difference.

Those on the pitch? Suddenly remembering they're professionals after 8 months of dickery makes them even more of a bunch of dicks. F*ck them too. No boos, no chants, all but about 3 of you can p*ss off and collect your next cheque at Whoever FC. We don't care who, and clearly, neither do you.

It's all about 1 man, and his name needs to be blasted to the sky from kick off until final whistle and beyond. If he stays we have a chance. If he goes, we are f*cked. And that could well be for a long, long time.

With Rafa we have a future. Without Rafa we accept our standing as second rate. Permanently.

This, and nothing else.