Rafael Benitez

Jesse Pinkman

He's a top class manager that's desperate to manage in England, so desperate in fact that he came here. :lol: They'd be mental to not go for him in some shape or form IMO.

Are they going to share the  "You'll never walk alone" Merseyside anthem anytime soon as well then?

Everton is the obvious linkof course but they could be tempted to look at the guy who's just been dumped by Watford for no apparent reason. I've just got a feeling that's how that one plays out, wouldn't surprise me at all if a club of the stature of Watford (not necessarily them but a PL club not at Everton's level) make a big play to land Rafa. he could be tempted as it would be a much safer bet than us.

We're a much bigger team than Watford.  :lol:  Going there would be a massively short-termist thing to do.

We are a much bigger club than Swansea, Southampton or Stoke it could be argued, but they are now established PL sides who for the most part haven't been flirting with relegation year on year and who seem to have a strategy for some improvement on and off the pitch.

We are owned by an idiot, ran by idiots and have no strategy or plan in place (any that makes sense anyway) for improving.

Watford could easily fall into the 'Stoke' category of sides if they get their next appointment correct.

Playing the we are bigger than you card needs some revision in my opinion.

Far 'bigger' clubs than the Watfords of this world have been languishing in the second tier of football for years now.

To dismiss the Watford link smacks of arrogance to me. Thanks to Ashley we really are a toxic choice.

Pre match press conference at 12.30 today...got to think he'll be asked if he's staying, be interesting to see how he plays it

"Focusing on the last match, will focus on it after that."

We're a much bigger team than Watford.  :lol:  Going there would be a massively short-termist thing to do.

We are a much bigger club than Swansea, Southampton or Stoke it could be argued, but they are now established PL sides who for the most part haven't been flirting with relegation year on year and who seem to have a strategy for some improvement on and off the pitch.

We are owned by an idiot, ran by idiots and have no strategy or plan in place (any that makes sense anyway) for improving.

Watford could easily fall into the 'Stoke' category of sides if they get their next appointment correct.

Far 'bigger' clubs than the Watfords of this world have been languishing in the second tier of football for years now.

To dismiss the Watford link smacks of arrogance to me. Thanks to Ashley we really are a toxic choice.

I wouldn't dismiss them becuase of that, i would rule them out because they change their managers so often that it wouldn't suit Rafa at all.

Especially if he's looking to build something somewhere, Watford is 100% not the place for him to do that.

Agreed.

The arguments seemed to be based on the 'my dads bigger than your dad' stance though mate which I personally think is wrong.

The short term approach they are taking has to bite them in the arse eventually you would think.

If they were to change that I wouldn't be as confident of him not looking at their set up and saying yes.

I wouldn't dismiss them becuase of that, i would rule them out because they change their managers so often that it wouldn't suit Rafa at all.

Especially if he's looking to build something somewhere, Watford is 100% not the place for him to do that.

You'd argue that we're not in the habit of being builders either. Not that I think he's off to Watford.

You'd argue that we're not in the habit of being builders either. Not that I think he's off to Watford.

Very true, although i'm running with the assumption that we've seen the light and will hand Rafa what he wants. (hope, it'll kill me won't it)

Agreed.

The arguments seemed to be based on the 'my dads bigger than your dad' stance though mate which I personally think is wrong.

The short term approach they are taking has to bite them in the arse eventually you would think.

If they were to change that I wouldn't be as confident of him not looking at their set up and saying yes.

I suppose they will say it's worked so far, but i agree with you, i think it will bite them on the arse eventually.

Very true, although i'm running with the assumption that we've seen the light and will hand Rafa what he wants. (hope, it'll kill me won't it)

We also don't sack managers unless they are absolute fucking dross. He'd be set until he retires if he wants here.

We also don't sack managers unless they are absolute fucking dross. He'd be set until he retires if he wants here.

Also true but there's now way he'd work under the process that Pardew/McClaren did. He wants full control, especially over transfers (which is the main sticking point in all of it for me).

:lol:  But there isn't a Watford link, it's just something someone said in this thread.