Rafael Benitez

Jesse Pinkman

Guest reefatoon

Using a shitty old monitor with that VGA adaptor.

http://www.theisleofwightcomputergeek.co.uk/Isle-of-Wight-Website_Designers/isleofwightcomputergeek-iowwebdesign.gif

The bit with the club doctor is interesting, I think it's quite telling that he makes a point of saying if he says a player needs to do part of a training session and then drop out of the rest, the coaches will listen. I'm sure there were some quotes from Pardew about playing players who 'shouldn't really have played' or something, must have been frustrating as hell for the medical staff when he did stuff like that. Our injury record has been good this season, despite playing 2 or 3 games a week most of the time, let's hope that continues and is a result of the investment into the medical department.

Pardew also played Cisse against medical advice and was very pleased with himself in the post-match interview with Cisse scoring the goals that day.  Was it against Hull?

Yep I think that's the one I was thinking of.

The bit with the club doctor is interesting, I think it's quite telling that he makes a point of saying if he says a player needs to do part of a training session and then drop out of the rest, the coaches will listen. I'm sure there were some quotes from Pardew about playing players who 'shouldn't really have played' or something, must have been frustrating as hell for the medical staff when he did stuff like that. Our injury record has been good this season, despite playing 2 or 3 games a week most of the time, let's hope that continues and is a result of the investment into the medical department.

I've really enjoyed the Douglas articles of the last two days and the whole backroom operation seems very joined up. I do think though that the size and make up of our squad has allowed for an obvious improvement in the injury situation.

I can't think of a time in recent history where we've had two genuine elevens.

It is isn't it? The club doc actually handed in his notice last season and was due to leave the club until Rafa persuaded him to stay and give him the authority to run his department properly.