Rafael Benitez

Jesse Pinkman

Guest firetotheworks

Beds being wet aal owa the shop.

:thup:

Some people don't know they're born/remember that our last three managers were John Carver, Steve McLaren, and Alan Pardew. It's quite alarming how quickly people have taken things for granted. We're owed NOTHING by Rafa, learn to have a bit of faith and humility.

So hes not allowed criticism at all?

Of course he is, it's the extent that it's going to that's O.T.T imo.

Some people don't know they're born/remember that our last three managers were John Carver, Steve McLaren, and Alan Pardew. It's quite alarming how quickly people have taken things for granted. We're owed NOTHING by Rafa, learn to have a bit of faith and humility.

To be fair i dont think its OTT at all, we were beaten and people react, calm down then offer an opinion, ive been guilty of bedwetting early in the season, im learning to think of the end result then judge.the club is better with Rafa and that shines through thankfully

Its the hysterical emotive shit that is absolutley appalling. It's childish as fuck.

:thup: people like Yorkie and Ronaldo have been plenty critical of him without going on like lunatics. They've made great points and it hasn't been a chore to read. Our home form is terrible and Rafa has to take the blame for that - we've ballanced that out with a ridiculous away record and an allergy to drawing games. No need for anyone to go over the top.

It's quite astonishing how much Ashley has basically trodden on the fans and totally destroyed any expectation or ambition. Fans are right to criticise what was the latest of 4 absolutely abysmal home defeats before December is even out yet others say they aren't entitled to voice an opinion because we used to be managed by Joe Kinnear,  Alan Pardew and John Carver. We're Newcastle United, one of the biggest clubs in the Country. Our expectations should be higher than meek home defeats to the likes of Sheff Wed, Blackburn Rovers,  Wolves and Huddersfield Town. It's an awful league, the standard is atrocious. Thankfully we can afford plenty more poor displays in the 2nd half of the season and still win promotion comfortably, which we will.

In isolation those games were atrocious but at the halfway point we're on course for 98 points which will see us up comfortably. Doubt anyone would have turned their noses up at that at the start of the season.

Rafa's got this.

Course he has. We'll go up no problem but anyone who sat through that in the freezing cold the other night is well within their rights to question the latest in several awful home performances. I love Rafa, and as has been said, he owes us nothing after staying on when he could easily have walked away but I just wish he would be a little braver at home.

Guest neesy111

Things to improve:

Our home form.

When we go behind.

Those for me are quite reasonable things he needs to improve upon for the 2nd part of the season.

I don't think any of what i've seen has been O.T.T. Nobody is acting like bairns and screaming for sackings as it doesn't take a genius to work out that he has completely transformed the club and he is by far and away the best manager and person we could possibly have at the club, but it also doesn't take a genius to work out that we shouldn't be losing 6 times, 4 of them at home, before January and therefore he's not immune from criticism, especially when the latest defeat came down to tactics and tactics only IMO.

It's quite astonishing how much Ashley has basically trodden on the fans and totally destroyed any expectation or ambition. Fans are right to criticise what was the latest of 4 absolutely abysmal home defeats before December is even out yet others say they aren't entitled to voice an opinion because we used to be managed by Joe Kinnear,  Alan Pardew and John Carver. We're Newcastle United, one of the biggest clubs in the Country. Our expectations should be higher than meek home defeats to the likes of Sheff Wed, Blackburn Rovers,  Wolves and Huddersfield Town. It's an awful league, the standard is atrocious. Thankfully we can afford plenty more poor displays in the 2nd half of the season and still win promotion comfortably, which we will.

I think it's that sort of self entitled arrogance that has fans of other clubs labelling us as deluded. Three of the four sides you mentioned have won a domestic trophy more recently than us, and Huddersfield are 3 times league champions.

We are well supported with a big ground but that's about it, we really need to stop this one of the biggest clubs in the country nonsense.....although that's not to say we couldn't be.

And they are. Don't think anyone would be happy if we're not promoted. And it'd be disappointing if we don't go up as Champions.

People being accused of sticking their heads in the sand because they haven't thrown their toys out the pram though. Personally I think our team is a bit overrated and the main reason we're in the top 2, and not fighting out with the rest of the pack, is because of Rafa. Like any manager though you take the good with the bad, and Rafa has his bad points no doubt, but he's by a distance the most distinguished manager we've ever had and it's pretty disheartening to see people jumping on his back every time he falters. In isolation the 6 defeats are bad but that's ignoring the pretty incredible runs of form we've been on around them. To the point Brighton are only 2 points ahead of us having the season of their lives.

And they are. Don't think anyone would be happy if we're not promoted. And it'd be disappointing if we don't go up as Champions.

People being accused of sticking their heads in the sand because they haven't thrown their toys out the pram though. Personally I think our team is a bit overrated and the main reason we're in the top 2, and not fighting out with the rest of the pack, is because of Rafa. Like any manager though you take the good with the bad, and Rafa has his bad points no doubt, but he's by a distance the most distinguished manager we've ever had and it's pretty disheartening to see people jumping on his back every time he falters. In isolation the 6 defeats are bad but that's ignoring the pretty incredible runs of form we've been on around them. To the point Brighton are only 2 points ahead of us having the season of their lives.

That's just the thing. I haven't seen anyone jumping on his back/shouting for his head etc. The criticism I've read has been pretty balanced and fair. The home form is a concern as is our response when we go a goal down. People saying he maybe could be a bit braver at home may well have a valid point as well. If fans aren't allowed to voice an opinion they may as well close messageboards like this down.

All that big club debate nonsense is all well and good and we are a huge club. We've been run for the past decade like Rushden and diamonds however, and should see the progress towards the big club potential as a sliding scale rather than a flick switch. In plenty happy in the league with manager that gets things wrong over ones that get nothing right and don't admit to it.

That's just the thing. I haven't seen anyone jumping on his back/shouting for his head etc. The criticism I've read has been pretty balanced and fair. The home form is a concern as is our response when we go a goal down. People saying he maybe could be a bit braver at home may well have a valid point as well. If fans aren't allowed to voice an opinion they may as well close messageboards like this down.

That's fair enough like. I've been in and out the thread the last couple of days and a lot of what I'm referring too was probably soon after the defeat when emotions are running high. Just sense after every dip in form negativity starts to rise to pretty annoying levels, it happened around the Norwich game and it seems like it's happening again now - maybe not - I agree with a lot of what I'm reading tbh. But then you get fans coming out trying to tell us how Rafa needs to do things, as if he's unaware of our downsides or something. Like he's just too numb not to 'play 2 up top and blow everyone out the water'. Something which might work in hindsight, but across the season I think sticking to his plan will net us the most points. Sewelly I think posted something similar a while back and I think it's turned out to be pretty much bang on.

When you consider the shit state we were in when he took over I think he has performed a miracle, plus it was some sort of miracle that he came here in the first place. He will build it steadily and solidly like he does with everything

When you consider the shit state we were in when he took over I think he has performed a miracle, plus it was some sort of miracle that he came here in the first place. He will build it steadily and solidly like he does with everything

He's done pretty much as well as we expected, wouldn't call it a miracle

He's done pretty much as well as we expected, wouldn't call it a miracle

Aye, McClaren would have probably gave us a good go of getting back into the PL truth be told, but all the background work and restoring some class and pride to the club is invaluable.

But on the football side of things we wont really experience the full Rafa benefit until we're back in the big time.

He should be pushing like hell to make the 3-5 signings in January to solidify promotion, and further add to his competition for places mentality. He's incredibly ruthless and I can only assume based on his successful career thus-far, that he's been working feverishly on diagnosing and implementing solutions to fix the home form and response when conceding and coming back from behind.

Thankfully it's not some tosser like we've had in the past taking this task on with getting us back in the PL, it's Rafa Benitez. I'm expecting an angry response this Friday and 3 points from our team - hopefully a performance to get everyone fired up again.

We're too conservative at home but then again I don't think we're blessed with such attacking talent that it's beyond the system that for the most part has worked. Needs time and resources to troubleshoot in the new year

Someone mentioned before that Rafa doesn't totally trust our team to be able to throw too many players forward, and if you look at his comments after the game, he seemed more bothered that we allowed them to counter attack us rather than us failing to create much. While I did think that line up had far too many cloggers in it on Sunday, maybe we are overrating the effectiveness of our attack. Only Gayle seems to have caused real problems to championship defences, the rest have been contained pretty easily.

Future planning is massive here as well... maybe we could win a few more games by going attacking but Rafa has to prepare everyone meticulously for next season. I'd just like to see some small changes like start Atsu and one of the fullbacks and buy a creative #10.

Future planning is massive here as well... maybe we could win a few more games by going attacking but Rafa has to prepare everyone meticulously for next season. I'd just like to see some small changes like start Atsu and one of the fullbacks and buy a creative #10.

I'd say they are fairly big changes, they are in fact the key to Rafa's 4-2-3-1 and game tactics. Good crossing attacking fullbacks who provide your only width, and a creative clever number 10. None of which we have right now.

The full backs could be sorted (ish) by picking Lazaar and Yedlin, who far better at the attacking side of the game than Dummett and Anita.

As for the number 10, we need to buy one as Diame and Perez aren't good enough for it.

I reckon Rafa thinks they're ok for the Championship, with big upgrades coming in the Premier imo, if we go up of course.

I think while a new #10 would be great next season, it's not that important right now, Perez and Diame are more than good enough in this division. I'm more concerned about getting the ball to the attacking players in the first place, and that's where you need a better alternative to Shelvey than Colback, and we need to get far more from the wide positions. Dummett and Gouffran on the same wing is killing our football.

Daft thing is, even on a night like Monday where we played shite and could barely break the opposition down, we still had three good-to-verygood chances* and (yet another) stone wall penalty turned down.

*Gayle shot in the first half, Clark header from a corner, Mitro header from a corner. Gouffran flashed a header across the face of goal as well.

Daft thing is, even on a night like Monday where we played shite and could barely break the opposition down, we still had three good-to-verygood chances* and (yet another) stone wall penalty turned down.

*Gayle shot in the first half, Clark header from a corner, Mitro header from a corner. Gouffran flashed a header across the face of goal as well.

Wednesday had more than twice as many and outplayed us on our own ground, that was the concern. Obviously don't want to go overboard when you consider we are riding high, but we've had enough poor performances at home to think there are things we could do better.