Rafael Benitez

Jesse Pinkman

Like it or not, Benitez is the club's best connection with the fans. As a very experienced manager he knows this. If he repeatedly says in public and private that he hopes players are coming in to help balance the squad then that's what he wants, and that's what he wants the fans to know his position is.

Can't see how he can possibly be happy with what's gone on. And considering everything that's gone on under Ashley this is not good news at all.

If he comes out and says that he decided during yesterday (after the press conference) that he has changed his mind on the needs of the squad based on prices or availability then fair enough.

Which manager wouldn't want more players during a transfer window? He identified a couple of areas where we are a bit light and no doubt wanted reinforcements. But he's been in the game long enough to know there's not a blank chequebook. I imagine when we signed Atsu on loan in the summer he'll have been quite persuasive that we needed a winger. Considering he hasn't played that much you can imagine it would be pretty hard to justify paying another loan fee for Townsend to play ahead of him.

I think Rafa would have liked more signings but he'll accept that he's got more to work with than most other rivals in the division so he'll probably not be that put out at this point. Might have to reassess that in the summer.

I don't see how anything can have changed with regards to final say over transfers.

We know that Rafa made sure he got everything in writing, so he has a legally binding contract that states what he is and isn't responsible for. If the contract states he has full control over transfers and Ashley has interfered, it's a breach of contract and a legal matter.

The fact that Rafa is still here and not taking legal action suggests that nothing has changed.

'Rafa putting on a brave public face over NUFC's failure to land any of his long declared transfer targets. Privately he is seething'. John 'Ricco' Richardson (Express Journo).

Exactly what most people expected to be the case.

'Rafa putting on a brave public face over NUFC's failure to land any of his long declared transfer targets. Privately he is seething'. John 'Ricco' Richardson (Express Journo).

...but then Luke Edwards says this:

I've jokingly said on here/elsewhere before that I can see Pardew coming back at some point. Remember, Kinnear darkened our doors a 2nd time and Pardew is the perfect front man for Ashley. As ever, time will tell.

I don't think Ashley likes Pardew. Kinnear was brought in more or less to keep an eye on him after Llambias left, was he not?

I've jokingly said on here/elsewhere before that I can see Pardew coming back at some point. Remember, Kinnear darkened our doors a 2nd time and Pardew is the perfect front man for Ashley. As ever, time will tell.

Ive jokingly said it as well, if Pardew returns then I am well and truly finished with Ashley's NUFC.

"Seething".

Gotta be a mackem who wrote that.

so if not backed in summer.... Off?

so they can buy whoever they think will be same old same and and Pardew walks in in September :lol:

If he's not backed in the summer then Rafa will walk, you are right there, and most of us have pretty much already said this.

But if you think Pardew will ever be back here you must be on acid.

People have shit the bed 7 months prematurely here like. Nowt to indicate he won't be "backed" in the summer either, course we'll sign players. Not getting Townsend isnt the end of the world ffs :lol: and Rafa will know that too

People have s*** the bed 7 months prematurely here like. Nowt to indicate he won't be "backed" in the summer either, course we'll sign players. Not getting Townsend isnt the end of the world ffs [emoji38] and Rafa will know that too

People are missing the point has nothing to do with missing out only on Townsend, it's the fact that even before the transfer window began Benitez was saying there was a requirement for players and especially more so with Shelvey from the start of the window and yet again the two plebs running this club f*** up again and bring nobody in. The issue is that the manager has been undermined and will not be happy at all after being given full assurances that the club would back him to the hilt. I will be very surprised if Benitez is still in charge come August. Will we go up we should but we are virtually one injury away now from imploding as has been plain to see the last few weeks.

"Seething".

Gotta be a mackem who wrote that.

NUFC Fan with good links to Rafa as he used to cover the North West during his time at Liverpool.

People have shit the bed 7 months prematurely here like. Nowt to indicate he won't be "backed" in the summer either, course we'll sign players. Not getting Townsend isnt the end of the world ffs :lol: and Rafa will know that too

You don't see the connection with Ashley's greater involvement, Rafa not getting his two targets and the history with this regime? Then you're fucking nuts tbqh.