Rafael Benitez

Jesse Pinkman

Dean Saunders on BT Sport -"Rafa wants to be careful making demands, because Mike Ashley has sacked Shearer and sacked Keegan, and it's a brave man who sacks Alan Shearer"  Shearer was caretaker and not given the job full time and Keegan walked you Dilbert.

Guest chopey

Listening to the Sunderland fans talking about how poor their players have been coached this season makes me feel so happy to have this bloke in charge.

Listening to the Sunderland fans talking about how poor their players have been coached this season makes me feel so happy to have this bloke in charge.

Makes you wonder why any elite-level club would accept a manager who isn't a superb improver of players.

Makes you wonder why any elite-level club would accept a manager who isn't a superb improver of players.

Their club is broken to the core. See my earlier post where Erik Thorstvedt was talking about what Gus Poyet told him about his experience there and the club's absolute refusal to be a proper football club :lol:

Their club is broken to the core. See my earlier post where Erik Thorstvedt was talking about what Gus Poyet told him about his experience there and the club's absolute refusal to be a proper football club :lol:

Just like us pre Rafa. SHows what an incredible job he's done :smitten:

Losers can't be choosers.

Guest Howaythetoon

The beauty with Rafa is he can be trusted 100% even if you don't like his tactics, the players he picks or how we play. You can trust he will get thing right and get results. He's a rare breed in that respect, especially for the likes of Newcastle United.

From what is in the press, I would say Rafa understands he won´t realistically be challenging next season, but his strategical plan would certainly be looking for top half and perhaps europe the season after...