Rafael Benitez

Jesse Pinkman

It's brilliant having a manager at the club who is trusted and good at his job, I have no worries about how the summer will go and that we'll be in the best position come the start of the season.  I didn't know how good he was before we got him, I knew he was good I just didn't know how into football he was and how he leaves absolutely nothing to chance.

Really interested to hear the off the field stuff involving Rafa in Martin Hardy's new book. Things like how he's improved the training ground, his thoughts on transfers etc. Could listen to him talk all day, much like how I could with Keegan and Sir Bobby.

Really interested to hear the off the field stuff involving Rafa in Martin Hardy's new book. Things like how he's improved the training ground, his thoughts on transfers etc. Could listen to him talk all day, much like how I could with Keegan and Sir Bobby.

The book should be arriving a week on Monday and I'll more than likely read it in one go. For that reason I wouldn't mind getting it over the weekend.

My obsession with the club has come back with a bang since he took over.

I can't stress how cynical I'd become with year on year of utter shite and shite peddlers associated with the club. It was like a bad relationship that was soon to end.

This is like Keegan except less on emotion and more on reason.

Benitez didn't stay at this club to manage a mid table side. He means business.

Bang on. I'm under no illusions about us winning anything or challenging any time soon, but the simple fact is that we COULD do those things. They are possible again, for the first time in absolutely ages. Feels like the club is going in the right direction.

It's fucking great.

:thup:.

It's so comforting knowing that Rafa's got this.

I've got no expectations in terms of where we'll finish or whatever but just the fact that we'll be ran by a qualifed, experienced, genuine football man is fantastic.

In Rafa we trust.

Spot on. We could finish14th next season and I'd be okay with, simply because I know that Rafa will be looking to build year on year. If he's here in two years time we will be pushing top six I reckon.

Here we go again, bit of a reality check please.

If we finish 14th i'd be fucking bouncing.why? because unless we spend zillions we are gonna have to have a huge slice of luck to survive.Relegation has knocked us back 2-3 years and you need to understand this will be a season where we could start and are highly likely to have 2-3 points after 6 games and then what panic?

In truth the very highest i am aiming for is 17th, Rafa is not a magician however i admit he has done his job so far and the "feel" is great but please reign it in about where we are heading, we were not brilliant last season so it i fear Rafa will want to grind out results next season and we will be taken apart at times, survive and then aim for 14th the next season........you build a team, have some patience man  O0

Our very best aim next season is 17th, reality.  :cool:

What a load of shite man.

Look way how well some promoted teams have done recently; Watford, Bournemouth, Burnley for example.

If we manage one half decent season next year, avoiding a relegation scrap, we can build from there.

I can't stress how cynical I'd become with year on year of utter shite and shite peddlers associated with the club. It was like a bad relationship that was soon to end.

Bang on. I'm under no illusions about us winning anything or challenging any time soon, but the simple fact is that we COULD do those things. They are possible again, for the first time in absolutely ages. Feels like the club is going in the right direction.

It's fucking great.

I've got no expectations in terms of where we'll finish or whatever but just the fact that we'll be ran by a qualifed, experienced, genuine football man is fantastic.

In Rafa we trust.

Spot on. We could finish14th next season and I'd be okay with, simply because I know that Rafa will be looking to build year on year. If he's here in two years time we will be pushing top six I reckon.

If we finish 14th i'd be fucking bouncing.why? because unless we spend zillions we are gonna have to have a huge slice of luck to survive.Relegation has knocked us back 2-3 years and you need to understand this will be a season where we could start and are highly likely to have 2-3 points after 6 games and then what panic?

In truth the very highest i am aiming for is 17th, Rafa is not a magician however i admit he has done his job so far and the "feel" is great but please reign it in about where we are heading, we were not brilliant last season so it i fear Rafa will want to grind out results next season and we will be taken apart at times, survive and then aim for 14th the next season........you build a team, have some patience man  O0

You reckon?

Guest Howaythetoon

17th? I'd be massively disappointed with that and we should be aiming much higher. Top 10 for me.

Guest firetotheworks

You don't aim for 17th like. You aim for that and you likely finish bottom. That's before getting into just how lacking in ambition that is. It's not Rafa's way either.

My expectation is to stay in the league, my ambition is mid-table. Nothing at all deluded etc about that.

You don't aim for 17th like. You aim for that and you likely finish bottom. That's before getting into just how lacking in ambition that is. It's not Rafa's way either.

My expectation is to stay in the league, my ambition is mid-table. Nothing at all deluded etc about that.

Exactly.

It's my aim , not Rafas or the club if you read my post back, stay in the league, survive and then build, that's why i'd settle for 17th .I'm making the point that we could still struggle, maybe i'm forever the pessimist , i wonder why  :lol:

I find it hard to believe we'll be among all the dross that stink up the Premier League. Rafa is too experienced at this level. It sounds arrogant as fuck considering we just got promoted but I think the point stands.

It's fucking great.

In Rafa we trust.

Pretty sure you were one of those who were moaning for most of the season that we were going to blow it and not get promoted. Maybe you need the reality check. Give yourself a pinch - you're not dreaming it really happened! :lol: