Rafael Benitez

Jesse Pinkman

Love how his main reason we'll struggle is because we have no PL experience, and then goes on to suggest Brighton will finish above us despite them having less PL experience than us.

Dead on. Half the premier league clubs don't have the experience we do as a premier league club for that matter.

This expectancy thing gets on my tits too. Virtually all our fans will tell you that comfortably staying up is the objective next season. Anything more is outstanding.

Nevertheless, I have a problem of this criticism regardless. Any fan should want their club to be the best and any sportsman should have that desire more so. But hey that's the media and premier league agenda. Elitist to say the least. Heaven forbid that people should want more than to be just another club in the league that fills up the numbers before they eventually get relegated.

More pressure up here than Burnley, Hull and Bournemouth. Of course there is. We're one of the top 10 successful clubs in the country with a fairs cup to our name and recent champions league experience. How dare people even compare us or our "expectancy" to the likes of those teams or even the likes of Leicester, Stoke, West Bromwich, etc.

Actually for that matter what makes these cunts think Chelsea and Man City fans have reasonable expectations? The only reason they're perceived as big clubs is because the overwhelming financial backing that has got them there. Before that they were no different from us. City struggled to sell out at home games when they were winning the league a few years ago and probably still are and yet you never hear of their fans being an issue. Arsenal fans are desperate for Wenger out and half the media back them...where was or support when we had that arrogant, egotistical twat  (Pardew) spewing bollocks every week. Deluded Geordies.  Above their station. Go fuck yourselves man.

There probably is increased pressure here but that's because we're not some fucking polyfiller premier league team who've (to give credit to those clubs) done exceedingly well in elevating the club's to the best they can be. We are Newcastle United and we're one of England's largest clubs.

The media in general are just utter fucking jizzcocks

#Rant

Not concerned by what a half arsed fraud of a pundit like Murphy says. Anything better than a relegation battle and I'll be more than happy. It's gonna be a tough season with the promoted teams who are replacing the relegated ones.

We'll struggle due to a lack of PL experience :lol: Oh aye, okay then.

Is that the same "experience" that meant Rafa wouldn't get us up from the Championship? Because he had no 'Championship experience'?

The same pundits who claimed that we needed someone real quality like Steve Bruce (who did a cracking job at Villa) or Neil Warnock have now reverted back to the idiot stereotypes because they have nothing left to say as we're finally functioning as a proper club.

Aye a kna.

The one good thing is, the more people go on like this, the more of a siege mentality we can have. People expecting us to fail, and what not. Will make it all the sweeter if, in the next 3 or 4 years we consolidate and win something. For all Liverpool love Rafa and he loves them, it'd be absolute scenes if he won something here.

Murphy obviously doesn't know we've been playing defensive/conservative/counter-attacking football for the almost all of the season, the utter cockwomble.

Everyone I know personally who goes to the match has been complaining about it all season :lol:

I think Murphy's got a point, tbh. Our fans are our best and worst asset.

To be clear, saying NUFC fans want to be entertained is very different from saying they expect to finish in the top 4, 6, whatever. I think it's fairly cut and dry that that there's a problem at SJP with fans getting on the back of the team for not being 'attacking' enough. We've all witnessed huge groans when a player decides to keep possession by playing it backwards.

Why? Our competition have been shite, they need to improve just as much as we do. 49 points is the max anyone can finish on outside the top 7 this year. We were 3 wins and a draw off that when Carver was trying to relegate us. We were 4 wins off last season - the standard this year has been appalling.

"a lot less" man, howay mole. Unless the league greatly improves anywhere outside the top 10 will be disappointing.

TBF like looking at the current league table Hanshithispantz has a fair point.

Still think I'd be happy comfortably staying up though.

Saying that now is different though. I think many would be happy with that now, but after a season playing shite (which we would have to do to finish outside the top 10, see Leicester & West Ham) it would feel pretty grim. Most people seemed to find this season disappointing until like the last 3 games :lol:

Why? Our competition have been s****, they need to improve just as much as we do. 49 points is the max anyone can finish on outside the top 7 this year. We were 3 wins and a draw off that when Carver was trying to relegate us. We were 4 wins off last season - the standard this year has been appalling.

"a lot less" man, howay mole. Unless the league greatly improves anywhere outside the top 10 will be disappointing.

Maybe i'm overly pessimistic but i'd be happy with anything between 12th and 15th tbh, i just feel like it's going to take longer than one summer for Rafa to get us to challenging the top 8.

I'll likely be confident of top 8 the following season though.

If we spend anywhere near the £70m we're reported to be spending we should be aiming higher than a freshly promoted Sean Dyche managed Burnley imo. I don't think it's a certainty we'll do well or anything, I wouldn't be too shocked if we finished 15th, Rafa would have to make some pretty big errors for that though.

TBF like looking at the current league table Hanshithispantz has a fair point.

Still think I'd be happy comfortably staying up though.

Saying that now is different though. I think many would be happy with that now, but after a season playing shite (which we would have to do to finish outside the top 10, see Leicester & West Ham) it would feel pretty grim. Most people seemed to find this season disappointing until like the last 3 games :lol:

It's going to be a big summer put it that way.

I think I'll be positive going into the season regardless like. Simply because of Rafa.