Rafael Benitez

Jesse Pinkman

We just need to stay up this coming season and then kick on, we shouldn't aim for 17 but as fans we should accept it if that's where we end up.  Mid table would be an excellent first season back up if that's what happens.

That obsessed with the mackems he can't see any higher than 17th in the Premier League.

fuck off man, its got fuck all to do with Sunlun you tool. our current squad would finish in the bottom 3 despite Rafa, the quality is not there, we could spend 70 million and even with Rafa could still struggle...seriously you need a head shake if you think we will not struggle next season, survival is the key and 17th gets me that, fuckers on here think we will finish mid table  :lol: and then Europe  :lol:

nah ya right, we will easy get mid table next season, i'd expect Rafa to build and get us top ten and then in 2 years have us top 6, easy peasy  O0 

That obsessed with the mackems he can't see any higher than 17th in the Premier League.

fuck off man, its got fuck all to do with Sunlun you tool. our current squad would finish in the bottom 3 despite Rafa, the quality is not there, we could spend 70 million and even with Rafa could still struggle...seriously you need a head shake if you think we will not struggle next season, survival is the key and 17th gets me that, fuckers on here think we will finish mid table  :lol: and then Europe  :lol:

nah ya right, we will easy get mid table next season, i'd expect Rafa to build and get us top ten and then in 2 years have us top 6, easy peasy  O0 

Watford finished 17th and were 2 wins from 8th, if anyone wants an idea of how retarded this is.

My obsession with the club has come back with a bang since he took over.

I can't stress how cynical I'd become with year on year of utter shite and shite peddlers associated with the club. It was like a bad relationship that was soon to end.

This is like Keegan except less on emotion and more on reason.

Benitez didn't stay at this club to manage a mid table side. He means business.

Bang on. I'm under no illusions about us winning anything or challenging any time soon, but the simple fact is that we COULD do those things. They are possible again, for the first time in absolutely ages. Feels like the club is going in the right direction.

It's fucking great.

:thup:.

It's so comforting knowing that Rafa's got this.

I've got no expectations in terms of where we'll finish or whatever but just the fact that we'll be ran by a qualifed, experienced, genuine football man is fantastic.

In Rafa we trust.

Spot on. We could finish14th next season and I'd be okay with, simply because I know that Rafa will be looking to build year on year. If he's here in two years time we will be pushing top six I reckon.

Here we go again, bit of a reality check please.

If we finish 14th i'd be fucking bouncing.why? because unless we spend zillions we are gonna have to have a huge slice of luck to survive.Relegation has knocked us back 2-3 years and you need to understand this will be a season where we could start and are highly likely to have 2-3 points after 6 games and then what panic?

In truth the very highest i am aiming for is 17th, Rafa is not a magician however i admit he has done his job so far and the "feel" is great but please reign it in about where we are heading, we were not brilliant last season so it i fear Rafa will want to grind out results next season and we will be taken apart at times, survive and then aim for 14th the next season........you build a team, have some patience man  O0

Our very best aim next season is 17th, reality.  :cool:

Pretty sure you were one of those who were moaning for most of the season that we were going to blow it and not get promoted. Maybe you need the reality check. Give yourself a pinch - you're not dreaming it really happened! :lol:

top six  :lol:        yep we nearly blew it at one point, however we didn't hats off, that's behind us, so lets storm the league, you's are all right, top half should be easy for us and then lets get europe back, should be a cake walk for us.  O0    our aim should always be top 6

I cannot see us finishing lower than 12th if Benitez is here. We'll likely fall short of Everton, and obviously the 'top 6' but the rest of the league is incredible average, if we get over 50 points we'll probably be on course for 8-9th.

:lol: :lol:

Somewhere between 8th and 14th, is where I suspect we will finish but I didn't see Pardew accidently finishing 5th or Leicester winning the league so..

I just think, in the premiership, you can rely on other clubs doing shit and making horrendous decisions. Burnley, Bournemouth, Watford, Palace, Swansea, Brighton and whoever gets promoted will all do there utmost to drag themselves into a relegation battle. I could see Southampton being a surprise package, with the negativity surrounding Puel.

Rafa will have us consistent and defensively sound, as a starting point next year. After that, it depends who we sign.

Don't see what's wrong with that. 12th is achievable with Rafa, the transfer budget and how average the lesser teams are. 17th would be a massive disappointment to us and Rafa.

Don't see the need to belittle what we could do next season.

Even with the poor, confidence drained squad he took over Rafa managed 1.3 points per game in the Premier league last time.

Over a season that form equates to around 50 points - comfortable 8th in this season's final table.

No reason we can't be in and around that area with decent investment and a full preseason imo.

The top 8 teams are more or less established in their own rights and barring a surprise or two, should remain where they are. After that, it's all up for grabs.

Fwiw we finished 12th in our first season back following relegation last time round.

The top 8 teams are more or less established in their own rights and barring a surprise or two, should remain where they are. After that, it's all up for grabs.

Fwiw we finished 12th in our first season back following relegation last time round.

Top 7. 8th and below was 'wide open' last year due to poor quality all round, Southampton could just as easily have finished 1 place above the relegation zone as they did 8th.

You would expect that atleast one team will improve from that pack like, West Ham, Southampton, Leicester, Stoke etc, but closing the gap on Everton will be pretty hard.

Stoke seem to be on the slide, West Ham owners have already been looking for Slavans replacement and Leicester have a huge call to make.

All three of them are vulnerable to being dragged into a scrap. I think we all agree Everton are the dividing line in this league.

My obsession with the club has come back with a bang since he took over.

I can't stress how cynical I'd become with year on year of utter shite and shite peddlers associated with the club. It was like a bad relationship that was soon to end.

This is like Keegan except less on emotion and more on reason.

Benitez didn't stay at this club to manage a mid table side. He means business.

Bang on. I'm under no illusions about us winning anything or challenging any time soon, but the simple fact is that we COULD do those things. They are possible again, for the first time in absolutely ages. Feels like the club is going in the right direction.

It's fucking great.

:thup:.

It's so comforting knowing that Rafa's got this.

I've got no expectations in terms of where we'll finish or whatever but just the fact that we'll be ran by a qualifed, experienced, genuine football man is fantastic.

In Rafa we trust.

Spot on. We could finish14th next season and I'd be okay with, simply because I know that Rafa will be looking to build year on year. If he's here in two years time we will be pushing top six I reckon.

Here we go again, bit of a reality check please.

If we finish 14th i'd be fucking bouncing.why? because unless we spend zillions we are gonna have to have a huge slice of luck to survive.Relegation has knocked us back 2-3 years and you need to understand this will be a season where we could start and are highly likely to have 2-3 points after 6 games and then what panic?

In truth the very highest i am aiming for is 17th, Rafa is not a magician however i admit he has done his job so far and the "feel" is great but please reign it in about where we are heading, we were not brilliant last season so it i fear Rafa will want to grind out results next season and we will be taken apart at times, survive and then aim for 14th the next season........you build a team, have some patience man  O0

Our very best aim next season is 17th, reality.  :cool:

Pretty sure you were one of those who were moaning for most of the season that we were going to blow it and not get promoted. Maybe you need the reality check. Give yourself a pinch - you're not dreaming it really happened! :lol:

top six  :lol:        yep we nearly blew it at one point, however we didn't hats off, that's behind us, so lets storm the league, you's are all right, top half should be easy for us and then lets get europe back, should be a cake walk for us.  O0    our aim should always be top 6

I said pushing for top 6 in two years time. That's hardly being wildly pessimistic, or maybe you think Rafa's stayed on here to aim for 10th in the Ashley 5 year plan.

Guest firetotheworks

You're a total moron and your craic is absolutely fucking shite, mate.

:thup: Fucking sick of it now.

Top half would be great but have no expectations of great things next season, just want to comfortably stay up and have a good cup run. Once we've achieved that we can move on to bigger things, Rafa isn't here to be a stoke and finish 12th every season.