Rafael Benitez

Jesse Pinkman

I'm not joining in the WUMMING, but I feel compelled to dust-off a variant of the  'two up front' rant. The lack of variation in our home formation (pretty much lining-up as we do when away)  does two things: makes us predictable as hell; concedes home advantage which adds most benefit when we have possession football and chances to crank-up the atmosphere into something helpful rather than harmful.

Why do either? Especially when we have three fit strikers and are without an obvious 'no.10'/AM in our usual system. RB needs to take a long hard look in the mirror and channel his internal teacher: could do better; more flexibility required.

I'm not joining in the WUMMING, but I feel compelled to dust-off a variant of the  'two up front' rant. The lack of variation in our home formation (pretty much lining-up as we do when away)  does two things: makes us predictable as hell; concedes home advantage which adds most benefit when we have possession football and chances to crank-up the atmosphere into something helpful rather than harmful.

Why do either? Especially when we have three fit strikers and are without an obvious 'no.10'/AM in our usual system. RB needs to take a long hard look in the mirror and channel his internal teacher: could do better; more flexibility required.

So you know better than Rafa? Remind me who sits top of the league? Managed by whom?

So you know better than Rafa? Remind me who sits top of the league? Managed by whom?

Too many subjective blinkered opinions here. We have the highest paid manager, the highest wage bill, most spent on players and yet we are fucking crawling over the line due to his tactics. We have the be the worst team to sit top of a table in the whole of europe.

Lucky against Brighton, Huddersfield and Reading. We easily could have came into fulham with zero points.

he has cost us when playing those in mid or lower table positions, Bristol most recently. He needs to get a grip because if he don't we won't see auto promotion and if that happens next season will be a long and difficult one. There is no KK to do a salvage operation as has happened in the past where we nearly ended up in the third division.

He gets it wrong every home game. we'd be promoted already with a more positive manager.

Just to entertain this absolute horseshit for a second more than it deserves, to be promoted already we'd have to be sitting on 102 points right now. From a maximum available of 111.

Okay.

He gets it wrong every home game. we'd be promoted already with a more positive manager.

Just to entertain this absolute horseshit for a second more than it deserves, to be promoted already we'd have to be sitting on 102 points right now. From a maximum available of 111.

Okay.

b7de89b3a1815063dcc7db7d8ac64c83.gif

Okay.

Go Dave! :lol:

Once they'd scored we were given a footballing lesson. We didn't change our tactics and never got near them. Diame should have been hauled off at half time and we had to find a way to get a foothold in the game, hitting long diagonals or even resorting to long straight balls simply wasn't working. It was as though we'd accepted we couldn't compete football wise.

Their second looked yards offside when they broke down the right but the better team won at a canter.

Rafa got it very wrong at home again. They scored so early that we had ample time to try and put it right; what really worried me is that we didn't react at all. I thought beforehand that Fulham would be a hard game and it may turn out to be our hardest (though Sheff Wed is a big worry). After their third Rafa confined himself to the dug out for around 10 minutes, it was like he'd completely given up.

I still think we'll go up but there's a hell of a job on for next year. Heaven forbid we finish third and Fulham get into sixth place.

Guest chopey

Rafa is the best thing that's happened to Newcastle since Bobby but we do use awful tactics at home and have been outplayed on several occasions

Absurd logic which only gives credence to rival fans who accuse of a Messiah complex.

Okay.

Given our budget I say that is extremely relative. We should be miles ahead. Poor recruitment and negative tactics is costing us. No wonder Ashley doesn't trust him.

Okay.

Given our budget I say that is extremely relative. We should be miles ahead. Poor recruitment and negative tactics is costing us. No wonder Ashley doesn't trust him.

"No wonder Ashley doesn't trust him" dear oh dear :lol:

Absurd logic which only gives credence to rival fans who accuse of a Messiah complex.

Rafa doesn't change, whinge if you want, just accept it and crack on............we got well beat yesterday by an infinitely better side , deal with it.

He has us on target, on top, stop fucking moaning 

Okay.

But he doesn't. If he did he would have backed him in Jan. But previous recruitment which is the direct impact of how shit we are (for me extremely lucky to be where we are) along with his negative tactics. Any top manager wouldn't have Jack Colback anywhere near the first team. He'd have replaced him with better recruitment in the summer.

Nowt new there. Everyone knows we needed strengthening in a couple of positions in January. That's nowt to do with the negative tactics at home though

We've scored 38 goals in 18 league home games, like, and have some of the highest possession & shots. I'd hardly say we're negative. Inefficient & inconsistent, definitely.

Stats can hide a multitude of sins. According to the stats we should have got battered at Huddersfield last week.

Exactly - they had far more possession than us and if they had had a decent striker we would have lost.

That's bollocks, they barely had a shot from inside our penalty area because we didn't let them create anything apart from efforts from miles out. Their striker didn't miss any sitters because we prevented any service to him.

No it isn't - sorry. Time to face reality, we didn't do much to stop Fulham yesterday.....

This place after a loss is such a cesspit man.

I would say after a win given the way we have played for 85% of the season is massively subjective and blinkered. After a loss reality and object opinion generally prevails. We could quite easily be sitting on 70 points this morning had we not rode our luck last week.

This place after a loss is such a cesspit man.

I would say after a win given the way we have played for 85% of the season is massively subjective and blinkered. After a loss reality and object opinion generally prevails. We could quite easily be sitting on 70 points this morning had we not rode our luck last week.

You're a WUM welcome to the ignore list.

Okay.

But he doesn't. If he did he would have backed him in Jan. But previous recruitment which is the direct impact of how s*** we are (for me extremely lucky to be where we are) along with his negative tactics. Any top manager wouldn't have Jack Colback anywhere near the first team. He'd have replaced him with better recruitment in the summer.

So you'd rather we'd be under the tutorship of someone like Nigel Pearson or some other knacker then? We aren't perfect but save for some questionable home form we are top of the league. Look at Villa if you want to analyse poor recruitment too. You need to look at the impact Benitez has had on the club and area since his arrival too and it might be worth having a look at what he's won before you question his credentials.

Giving genuine credence to Ashley not backing him too, that's the real winner too, lol

On balance I probably agree that we did make some bad recruitment decisions in the summer where we should have been replacing Colback.

The standout ones are probably Sels as a first team goalkeeper, signing both Gamez and Lazaar (just one needed), and signing Hanley while retaining Mbemba.

I am sure we could have found a better player than Colback had we made better choices.

However every club get a few signings wrong and don't know enough of the circumstances of each transfer to point the finger.

Guest neesy111

On balance I probably agree that we did make some bad recruitment decisions in the summer where we should have been replacing Colback.

The standout ones are probably Sels as a first team goalkeeper, signing both Gamez and Lazaar (just one needed), and signing Hanley while retaining Mbemba.

I am sure we could have found a better player than Colback had we made better choices.

However every club get a few signings wrong and don't know enough of the circumstances of each transfer to point the finger.

The squad is balanced too heavily on the defence.  Certainly not enough midfield options.