Rafael Benitez

Jesse Pinkman

Sorry, but I think we all have very selective memories; de jong was pretty poor for us and never ever got a run of games to get match fitness either because he wasn´t played or he was injured or had a niggle. His play isn´t suited to us basically because we do not have enough movement off the ball. His major plus point is his calmness on the ball and ability to read the game, can remember a few inch perfect balls from him in his good (ish) games. We just don´t have the movement around him and he doesn´t move enough to offer Rafa the defensive part of the game he wants from every player on the park.

Get rid as soon as possible for whatever fee and liberate a bit more salary space!

Sorry, but I think we all have very selective memories; de jong was pretty poor for us and never ever got a run of games to get match fitness either because he wasn´t played or he was injured or had a niggle. His play isn´t suited to us basically because we do not have enough movement off the ball. His major plus point is his calmness on the ball and ability to read the game, can remember a few inch perfect balls from him in his good (ish) games. We just don´t have the movement around him and he doesn´t move enough to offer Rafa the defensive part of the game he wants from every player on the park.

Get rid as soon as possible for whatever fee and liberate a bit more salary space!

Tbh I disagree with him not fitting the style of play. We need someone further forward than Shelvey who can actually receive the ball and do something like pass it off to someone else. Diame and Perez can't do this, Mitrovic's hold up play is good but not good enough in any way to justify starting him over Gayle. We've got a team of runners and a quarterback, that's our only tactic right now and with De Jong, it lets us try something different when teams put 11 behind the ball.

Point is moot as he's never fit though.

The Ronny Gill's Mark Douglas has been advertising a scoop of a Q + A thing with Rafa for this weekend and he reckons he's answered all the questions that we want answers to.    I bet there's no guarantee that he stays here regardless as to whether we go up or not or Ashley keeping the purse closed.

It would be unfair to expect a manager of Rafa's calibre to stay at SJP if we had been promoted and Ashley refused to spend a decent wedge to equip the team for the challenge...he can do much better than that...

Guest Howaythetoon

One thing with Rafa I've noticed is how he always mentions the fans and how our support can help the players and that if we are positive the players pick up on it. It is a constant theme. He continues to actively involve the fans, to make us feel important and its great to see because if everyone really is united then it makes us stronger, much stronger. KK and Sir Bobby were like that and Hughton to a lesser degree. It beats the crap the likes of Pardew spouted week in week out, everything being a negative.

An outsider may look at Rafa saying the fans have to be positive and not be critical as a dig, but it really isn't. He's motivating us and saying come on boys and girls, give me more, lets get over that line. He demands high standards from his players and fans and it really does work. I love it!

I'm a positive person me, I run a business and manage people and if I went to work every day being negative all the time I'd have a mutiny on my hands. Being positive without being ultra positive to the point you drive people crazy, creates a good atmosphere and makes people work harder and do things they might not otherwise do if they were feeling down or lacked confidence.

Imagine coming into work under Pardew, everything was negative, the tactics, pre and post match comments, his team plan, the lot. Rafa doesn't trust his players fully, but he at least gives them the confidence to trust his methods and ways.

As a positive person who needs to be in a positive environment I'd be happier and better doing my job under a Rafa than a Pardew.

The sea change in the atmosphere at the club has been huge since he arrived. Every game I've been to this season which hasn't been many, you don't see the kind of dissent you normally would especially given some of the defeats we've suffered at home. That's down to Rafa. His calmness and authority is huge for us, as a club and a fanbase and that's what it needs.

Rafa  :smitten:

Guest Howaythetoon
Chronicle question: Have you enjoyed managing in the Championship? Are you glad you stayed last summer?

Rafa: To be the manager of Newcastle United is a great privilege. I’m really enjoying being at this fantastic club so, of course, I’m happy with my decision, yes.

I'm biased of course, but imagine being in the home dugout at St. James' Park as the manager and looking around the full stadium, imagine being the away manager at any ground looking at your Newcastle fans in their thousands supporting their team like crazy. Imagine all of that and being so negative and so fucking miserable like Pardew, like Allardyce...

Makes no sense to me!

Times a million for Ashley.

NUFC is a great fucking institution, a great football club in a great city with a great public as Sir Bobby would say.

How many people have wasted such a once in a lifetime situation at this dear club of ours, managers, players and owners etc.? Its criminal really.