Rafael Benitez

Jesse Pinkman

Guest firetotheworks

learning process? f***ing bullshit.

Anyone in the first team squad who needs to learn shouldn't be there.

Ridiculous comment as per.

Surely we should have learned last season how to beat championship teams away from home.

We haven't improved, they have. They're much less of a championship team than we are at the moment.

The Aldi Klopp must know what he's doing then.

They've improved by spending money on new players, if it wasn't already obvious from what I said.

Weve only spent £10m less and they had more work to do.

Only £10m [emoji38] Disagree about them needing to buy more as well. I'd have replaced everyone bar Ritchie, Shelvey, and Gayle and even then they wouldn't have been guaranteed starts.

If you were a Huddersfield town fan you'd be asking for the whole team to be replaced, or did they have a better squad than ours last year?

I'm not a Huddersfield Town fan so I can't answer that, but again, they've spent £10m more than us and are a much smaller club who are here for the first time. Is that the measure of us as a club and our spending?? Exactlyoint are you making here?

The point is the much smaller club with shitter players and the Aldi Klopp have 6pts on the board and we've got sweet fa. Rafa needs to do more with what he's got.

Shitter players? We've already established that they've improved upon their team. If that's your point then it's a poor one.

So have we. I'm sure if we bought their players People wouldn't be happy and would want more. Still done a number on us though. Apparently it doesn't matter who they buy we'll be ahead of them by xmas anyway.

Well no, because we haven't improved anywhere near to the level required, that's the fucking point.

I'm frustrated by today, but it's always reassuring when you have a manager who clearly knows the issue. As he said, Mooy was simply given too much space. That single error & we don't lose today. Was the only time he got that much space the entire game aswell.

Would never have been a fun game, but as has been said that's how we ground out away wins last season. 1 error and missed our chances is the summation of the game really.

I'm frustrated by today, but it's always reassuring when you have a manager who clearly knows the issue. As he said, Mooy was simply given too much space. That single error & we don't lose today. Was the only time he got that much space the entire game aswell.

Would never have been a fun game, but as has been said that's how we ground out away wins last season. 1 error and missed our chances is the summation of the game really.

The main summation is the glaring lack of quality throughout the whole squad.

Surely we should have learned last season how to beat championship teams away from home.

We haven't improved, they have. They're much less of a championship team than we are at the moment.

They've improved by spending money on new players, if it wasn't already obvious from what I said.

Only £10m [emoji38] Disagree about them needing to buy more as well. I'd have replaced everyone bar Ritchie, Shelvey, and Gayle and even then they wouldn't have been guaranteed starts.

If you were a Huddersfield town fan you'd be asking for the whole team to be replaced, or did they have a better squad than ours last year?

Ps £10m is half the amount we need to spend on just one player this window to spark some life in to the team. However with what he's got he should be winning games like this, no excuses.

He stated that both Huddersfield and Reading had better squads than ours last season [emoji38]

Who did?

You did.

Ah right, squads. Yeah, I stand by it. Even at that level, beyond Shelvey, Gayle, Ritchie, and Clark, most of our players were average Championship players. So as you'd expect, they're not likely to do all that well in the Premier League now that they haven't been improved upon. I'm very much of a 'Rafa has worked wonders with what he has' mindset, whereas it seems like you seem to think all of the team's problems are tactical. Fair enough, you do you and all that.

This is just nonsense like. I accept that the squad of last season had a few glaring deficiencies in certain positions but it was comfortably and objectively better than the likes of Huddersfield and Reading.

The criticism's of this season's start are exactly the same as this time last season. Started off too tentative and too passive. He changed it in the third game last season, so hopefully he does the same this time. Can't just throw the same front 4 at it again.

Guest firetotheworks

Ps £10m is half the amount we need to spend on just one player this window to spark some life in to the team. However with what he's got he should be winning games like this, no excuses.

He stated that both Huddersfield and Reading had better squads than ours last season [emoji38]

Who did?

You did.

Ah right, squads. Yeah, I stand by it. Even at that level, beyond Shelvey, Gayle, Ritchie, and Clark, most of our players were average Championship players. So as you'd expect, they're not likely to do all that well in the Premier League now that they haven't been improved upon. I'm very much of a 'Rafa has worked wonders with what he has' mindset, whereas it seems like you seem to think all of the team's problems are tactical. Fair enough, you do you and all that.

This is just nonsense like. I accept that the squad of last season had a few glaring deficiencies in certain positions but it was comfortably and objectively better than the likes of Huddersfield and Reading.

Opinions.

Guest Howaythetoon

Asking Rafa to make a team out of 3m right backs and 5m strikers is like giving Lewis Hamilton a Ford Fiesta for Formula 1. He's not an miracle worker and this team and the squad simply isn't fit for the purpose of Rafa who is a world class manager. It's fucking dumb and we risk going down because the fat Cunt of an owner is a nasty lieing shit bag.

Huddersfield are still s*** as well despite their opening two wins. Let's see where they are by Christmas.

30 odd points is probably enough to be safe so they're well set.

He needs to be more flexible with regards to his formation and set up. We don't have the players for 4-2-3-1 and looking at the way other sides in the league are going, 3 at the back is the way to go.

Regardless of the level of investment in the squad, Rafa has to take his share of the blame for the result yesterday. There were too many selection mistakes and an impotent tactical plan, especially bearing in mind we comfortably beat the same team 5 months ago.

We got 2 early goals and just sat in our box as they struggle to break teams down though. Yesterday we were just really sloppy in posession and not fast or clever enough on the break.

Elliott's distribution was laughable, Gayle is fucked (hopefully not for good), Atsu was useless, Shelvey is an idiot. I'd like to say it was one of those games but it happened too frequently last season.

Wish we'd at least try to give them a game. Fair enough setting up for a 0-0 and not having any of the ball against Tottenham but there was no need for it yesterday and we just did exactly what they wanted us to do.