Rafael Benitez

Jesse Pinkman

Sissoko and Janmaat have gone to pot since Rafa arrived. They weren't up to much beforehand but those 2 in particular have regressed.

People do get caught up the passion, fight side of things that they overlook how s*** the squad is in my opinion. I see a lot of truth in that.

Passion and fighting is still the opposite of melting. However you describe it - they dn't have the mental fortitude for the fight. Georginio.

Are you suggesting that Rafa has made them worse?

I'm suggesting their performances have deteriorated. The few positive things they used to do have stopped. Do you disagree with that?

I'm not blaming Rafa. But obviously we haven't gotten any better since he arrived. He's by far the best out of the 4 managers we've had over the last 2 years and he hasn't elicited a response from the group. The common thread is the group of players. 

I do blame the players but can't remember many positives pre Rafa.

Neither can I. But Janmaat & Sissoko down the right from an attacking perspective... well chance creation perspective where better than they are now. That's all I wanted to say.

:thup:

They had a decent partnership down that side.  Now Sissoko is playing left wing where he is worse than useless and Janmaat has Townsend in front of him who is cutting inside every time he gets it. 

That's the one thing I just haven't been able to get my head around. Janmaat and Sissoko were our only attacking outlet that actually produced service for the strikers and he got rid of it. It hasn't worked.

If the brainless wankers running the club had brought Benitez in straight after the Chelsea game, he'd have had loads more time to work with and assess the squad, followed by a game against Stoke to get a first look at the players ahead of the crucial home game against Bournemouth. Had we won that it could have really done wonders for our confidence.

But that would have been far too fucking sensible of course. :rolleyes:

If the brainless w*****s running the club had brought Benitez in straight after the Chelsea game, he'd have had loads more time to work with and assess the squad, followed by a game against Stoke to get a first look at the players ahead of the crucial home game against Bournemouth. Had we won that it could have really done wonders for our confidence.

But that would have been far too f***ing sensible of course. :rolleyes:

Guest chopey

Telegraph claims he wants to overhaul absolutely everything in the summer (if we stay up), academy, scouting the lot.

Let's just hope to God he stays regardless.

That'll do

Sounds weird but would rather he did that if when we go down. Allows a full season for him to rebuild while still remaining competitive.

Doing in the Premier League could backfire considering how bad every single thing at the club is.

Telegraph claims he wants to overhaul absolutely everything in the summer (if we stay up), academy, scouting the lot.

Let's just hope to God he stays regardless.

I still think he might if given the backing of the owner and I don't really see where Mike Ashley can go. He's tried every cheapskate trick in the book and that has proved disastrous. Rafa would provide a real inside football knowledge that has been missing since Keegan was here. If you had the choice between giving Rafa complete control of football matters or Charnley which way would you go?

If Benitez genuinely thinks we can stay up, I'd sack him for being an idiot personally.

We are gone Rafa, start thinking about the Championship.

Ludicrous statement, man.

Needs to start Lascelles, I can't even comprehend how mad I'll be if I see Mbemba paired with Taylor again. 

I think we're down but I'd like to see us get a few wins on the board to make Norwich work for it - fucking gutless bunch.

Sad that he's going to get written off by the media as a manager who isn't up for a relegation battle rather than a great manager given the impossible task of reversing year upon year of systemic mismanagement in only a handful of games.

Sad that he's going to get written off by the media as a manager who isn't up for a relegation battle rather than a great manager given the impossible task of reversing year upon year of systemic mismanagement in only a handful of games.

Is he?

If Benitez genuinely thinks we can stay up, I'd sack him for being an idiot personally.

Ludicrous statement, man.

What I really meant was, it's fine Rafa keeping the hope publicly but in private he must have some serious reservations given what he has seen.

Rafa is the only person at the club who should keep his job, I was of course joking.

:lol: :lol: :lol: fucking hell man.

It was clearly a joke man. Well not so clearly, obviously.

Good chance relegaion expert Fat Sam gets relegated too

It was clearly a joke man. Well not so clearly, obviously.

:lol: It was clear.

Bit surprised by the reaction.

I thought so. I'd be suprised if there was a Newcastle fan who wanted Benitez sacked like. Actually I wouldn't be.

John 'Ricco' Richardson (Express I think) has tweeted that he's heard Rafa would stay after relegation providing he could make wholesale changes throughout the club.

No idea of his previous reliability but do know he's a NUFC fan.

John 'Ricco' Richardson (Express I think) has tweeted that he's heard Rafa would stay after relegation providing he could make wholesale changes throughout the club.

No idea of his previous reliability but do know he's a NUFC fan.

He knows Rafa well.