Rafael Benitez

Jesse Pinkman

Guest neesy111

Mike Ashley statement on Rafa say he: "can have every last penny that the club generates through promotion, player sales and other means"

That makes no sense.  Club costs need paying for.

Mike Ashley statement on Rafa say he: "can have every last penny that the club generates through promotion, player sales and other means"

That's what I was confused about. Sounds like we're getting fuck all unless we sell players.

Exactly, we will still need to cover the running costs for the club.

I also imagine Ashley won't put a penny of his own money in either.

aye.

we just have to assume its all very positive for Rafa to commit.

and it would be foolish imo to announce a figure you have- because if its high,it will just inflate any targets.

That's what I was confused about. Sounds like we're getting fuck all unless we sell players.

We have nobody to sell. :lol:

Full Rafa quote

I’m pleased with how the meeting went and the positive approach we are all taking together to build on what we have started this season.

“There will be challenges ahead of course, the summer will not be easy, but the hard work has been going on for some time and we can now continue positively with the development of the squad ahead of the start of the new season.

“I wish fans an enjoyable summer!”

Not sure it really matters how much we get for promotion. The more the better obviously but the way Ashley is putting it, once the cost of the running club are met, anything over that is available for transfers.

Why do i not totally trust that, but as Mole said, if Rafa is staying it can't be all bad.

There's no point trying to figure out how much it is tbh, Rafa has agreed to stay and he wouldn't if he was bullshitting.

That's good enough for me, looking forward to next season.

Pretty much this. I've got no idea of the amount he has to spend but if Ashley has promised him the lot (huge if obviously) and Rafa is happy to commit his future as a result of the conversation then that's good enough for me.

Whether he carries through with his promise is something we'll have to wait on, he's got form as we know, but it sounds remarkably positive.

but we all knew ashley wouldn't be putting his money in so this is not a surprise, as long as they let rafa spend the TV money in advance of next summer we're gold

rafa will make it work, plus his own comments suggest he's happy with it so who gives a fuck what the amount is?

Great news!

Rafa's stance has always been for it to be communicated to him what is available and he will work from there, which is very fair and reasonable. MA really had no reason not to be very happy with that too.

Pretty exciting stuff man.

Guest neesy111

What the fuck is going on with actual quotes from Ashley?

No idea, makes little sense to me.